Marriott's Sabal Palms
$103
$87
Doubletree.com
  • Restaurant
Universal's Cabana Bay Beach Resort(Orlando)(Great Value!)
$209
$164
Hotels.com
  • Restaurant
Caribe Royale Orlando(Orlando)(Great Value!)
$181
Hyatt.com
$508
$316
Travelocity
Disney's Pop Century Resort(Orlando)(Great Value!)
$204
TripAdvisor
  • Pool
All reviewsworld centermaster bedroommarriott worldfull kitchenfull size washer and dryerthe main hotelscreened in porchglass blockhuge walk in showermarriott vacation clubhawk's landingrain showertennis courtsshort walkbeautiful golf courseon demandwater slides
FilterAll languages
Reviewed December 14, 2011

Four of us stayed here for a week in November in a two bedroom condo with full kitchen, living room, 2 baths (the one off the master bedroom is huge and unusual). There was plenty of space for all of us for less than the cost of a hotel room. Having a kitchen allowed us to eat breakfasts in and to make our lunches, saving money for great dinners out. The unit was clean and daily housekeeping services kept it that way. Originally we were assigned a 2nd floor unit overlooking the pool. It was noisy and less private so the front desk graciously switched to another overlooking the pond and fairways, Sitting on the balcony was then most pleasant. The entry road to Sabal Palms winds around the back of the Marriott World Center Hotel and is unattractive. But once there, the grounds are quite nice. The Sabal pool is somewhat plain, but you get use of all of the pools in the development. We spent a restful day at the huge main pool at the hotel. On exiting the complex you turn right on a main road which leads straight to WDW. It made going back and forth very easy. Given the location, attractive units and excellent value, we will stay here again.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled with family
6  Thank Paradocs22
Reviewed December 11, 2011

Stay here with my wife and 2 small children in november just before thanksgiving. Place was clean real close to all the park and the access to the pool at the marriott world center was great. The restaurant at the world center were also fantastic! Large quiet rooms perfect for a young family! Some of the review the suggested you need to take a shuttle to get to the world center however we found the walk was quick less than 5 minutes. We stayed in many marriott around the country in this is definitely 1 of the best!

• Stayed: November 2011
3  Thank culverhill
Reviewed October 26, 2011

Spent 4 nights. 2 bedrooms but only needed one Attending a conference but it was great to have a kitchen. Pool was clean, fitness center had up to date equipment. Villas are updated. Spa at the hotel was very clean and wonderful service, Shuttle service is very quick. Some may find the steps in the villa an issue

• Stayed: October 2011
2  Thank Mammo64
Reviewed October 12, 2011

The villas at this property are very spacious and have some great amenities. Our villa had two bedrooms. The first room had two beds in it - it was pretty tight walking around the room. It connected to a bathroom that was nicely furnished. The master bedroom was very large and had a great bathroom with double sinks. The shower was huge, but I found ants in it twice.. I called the front desk after each time and they had someone come up to spray. They didn't seem surprised when I called to complain or apologize so I'm assuming they hear this complaint frequently.

The kitchen was a nice size and fully stocked with everything that we needed and then some. There was also a dining room, living room, and screened in balcony with a table and chairs.It was very spacious, but everything was worn down. The rugs had slight stains on them, and the TV would work but you could tell that it was in desperate need of an upgrade.

What bothered me the most this trip was the staff. While I didn't have many encounters with them, the ones that I did speak to had no customer service skills. I called room service daily to ask them to bring up extra towels and they never did. I also asked the front desk for a taxi service to use for the weekend and one they gave me was over priced and completely rude (don't use Metro Taxi).

The Marriott World Center was a short walk away from Sabal Palms so we used their pools, and restaurants frequently. Everything in that building was lovely and it was a good alternative to the property we were staying at. There are also no shuttles to Disney from here which is pretty ridiculous since it is a short distance away from the parks.

Next time I will choose a different resort this one just didn't have everything I was looking for.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with friends
2  Thank dks61885
Reviewed September 30, 2011

This is by far better units than the old units in Grand Vista. You know what you are getting here, not hoping that you will receive a renovated room. This place is very relaxing. I requested a Villa close to the pool and on the bottom floor, and was granted both requests. The staff is very nice here. The unit looks over the golf course which is very relaxing and we saw the alligator and the girls loved this. There is a full size washer and dryer which is very nice but it is in the kitchen and very loud.
The water has an odor while the clothes are washing. I added vinegar to the laundry load and this took care of that. I washed our towels instead of asking for new ones. The vinegar made them very soft.
There is no separate bath in mbr if this matters to you.
Shower is great! It is walk in , has 2 side sprays and a waterfall spray from above. It was very nice to wash two children at once when they were tired.
The steps did worry me but they were not a problem.
We would definitely come back here. Did not make full use of the World Centre because we just did not have the time
The girls did kids night out and they loved that!. This gave the parents a little down time to just rest. The staff was very very nice. The pool is nice . It is small but it was only us and one other family in it. My daughter was playing with another child and he jumped into the pool and she followed. Be very careful, as the shallow side of the pool has 3 steps all the way accross,so jumping into the pool there is dangerous. Parking was shaded with trees, also a plus.
There is a nice walmart close by that has single packaged snacks - apples with grapes and carrots with ranch dressing which makes it nice for kids.

Room Tip: First floor rooms are nice because you do not have the stairs. If you call the front desk, they will fax you a map and help you in selecting an area that is right for you.
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family