International Palms Resort & Conference Center
Hyatt Regency Orlando(Orlando)(Great Value!)
$289
$261
$191
$127
  • Restaurant
Caribe Royale Orlando(Orlando)(Great Value!)
$138
$209
$187
  • Restaurant
Marriott's Grande Vista(Orlando)(Great Value!)
$145
$326
$303
Hotwire.com
3,253 results
All reviewsinternational drivealligator alleypool barfresh towelsbit datedfridge and microwavecoffee makersea worldgift shopparksgatorsponderosafloridatrolleythemeironbuses
Reviewed May 6, 2010

We had a great time at the International palms Resort. The location was perfect for all of our needs and very close to Universal Studios and other attractions near by. The cafe offered an excellent selection any time of the day. We definetly would stay there agian and would recommend this resort to anyone.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled as a couple
2  Thank gissie504
Reviewed May 4, 2010

For my sister's birthday we booked 2 rooms at the International Palms. When I booked I thought that we were staying at a Holiday Inn that I had used the year prior. When we arrived, I was surprised to see that the company had changed hands. This I feel was actually a good move. The staff was very welcoming and friendly. The rooms were more comfortable than before and we were please with our stay.

I don't necessarily agree with the negative comments left by the others except that the tower floor did become a bit of a "hangout" for a younger crowd in the evenings.

We would definitely stay again.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank jacoleman
Reviewed May 3, 2010

Our first visit to Orlando started with a lucky escape from Gatwick as the last plane out on the dreaded 'ASH' day! It was a very special holiday as it would include my 50th Birthday celebration and I have to admit, was a little apprehensive due to the negative response on trip advisor and had already logged this with Thomson in the event that the accommodation was as dire as reported.
I am sorry fellow trip advisor members but I really do not see what all the fuss is about! We requested a room in the tower block on arrival, yes, I agree it can be a bit scary if one is not in favour of heights, we were located an executive room on the 6th floor and I cannot fault it!
Two queen beds, changed & made daily (sooooo comfy, I slept really well) fresh towels, flannels, complimentary toiletries and if one is travelling to I-drive surely this is just a place to lay your head with all the wonderful attractions on offer.
Hot water when needed, what more can one ask for? Believe me, I have been to far worse places than this and am very well travelled.#
If I needed an alarm call it was implemented, I found the staff to be pleasant and Judy in the bar was awesome......very friendly!
As we like to have a drink on holiday found the limited bar hours a bit of a pain but hey! there are plenty of other locations to have a beer, the instore shop is quite expensive so be aware but the staff are lovely & very helpful. DO NOT forget to go to the lobby at the front of the shop each morning to pick up a free Daily Mail as part of the package which kept us in touch with the ash situation in the UK. Pre-book your I-ride tickets if you do not want to take advantage of the fly-drive, it will cost 17 bucks for 14 days each which gives you unlimited access to any line on International Drive.
I would certainly return to Orlando, had so much fun visiting the parks and got to swim with dolphins for my 50th, Discovery Cove, expensive but worth every single penny!

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled as a couple
2  Thank gardebs95
Reviewed May 2, 2010

We were put in this hell hole due to the volcanic ash..Fortunately we were not offered a room in the 1970s style prison block but felt no better off with the room we were offered other than the fact it was on the second floor.The room keys did not work , the decor was awful , the smell was unbearable , the windows did not open which was unsafe , there were electric socket covers hanging off, the electric switches dated from the 1960sThe air con system was inside the room and it smelt and sounded like the 737 we flew home on,Apart from this place Orlando is great and if you want somewhere to stay look at the Bahma Bay Resort in Kissimmee , admitidely it is alittle out of the way and a car is essential but it does have taste and style This is why we refused to stay at the International Palms and decided to return to Bahama Bay where we had spent the two weeks of our holiday.I have got nothing good to say about the International Palms and I am amazed that any tour operator uses it and particularly amazed that it was used to accomodate passengers who were stranded , the last thing you would wish to remember about your holiday would be having to spend the last couple of days couped up in such a dirty , smelly unsafe Hell Hole , and that is why we didnt and you SHOULD NOT stay here.
AVOID AT ALL COSTS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Stayed: April 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank mtfcman
Reviewed May 2, 2010

My holiday was in March 2008 although i have only just got around to writing this review. This was my 3rd trip to Orlando, 2nd time staying on International Drive, 1st time staying at this hotel.
I would describe this hotel as ok budget range type of hotel. Nothing fancy but then what do you expect when you dont pay much? I dont understand some of the complaints on here and dont think they are justified. If u want luxury then go somewhere else. Nothing annoys me more than people paying for a Holiday Inn type hotel ( as it was when i went) then complaining about the standard.
What i didnt like about this hotel was the tower block where i stayed. I was right at the top of this and when you get out of the lifts you can see right down to the bottom. There is only a tiny rail that goes around each floor and corridor. Every floor is open and you can see everyone walking around. Not very good for around that doesnt like heights or for children. If i had taken any child with me i would be very worried about them falling. I didnt like working around to my room knowing i can see directly below me.
Also at weekends the bottom floor of the tower block became very busy with exhibitions. When i was there there was some kind of fishing market going on.May be loud for those staying on the 2nd floor. Although what was good was that u needed a key card to activate the lifts so noone could wander around without staying at the hotel.
The room we had was some kind of combining room with a door in the middle that would connect to the next room. A room probably used for families and a room that should stay reserved for families. The 2 weeks i was there we could hear everything going on in the next room,from people talking to including music late at night. So the room was quite noisy and not a type of room i would ever want to stay in again. Apart from this the room was clean, beds comfy and we had a nice view.
The other bad thing about this hotel is not enough space around the pool, this area is quite small which they may change now its changed name.
Never used hotel restaurant so dont know what the food was like. We spent most of the day out so didnt use many hotel features.
The buses to disney were always very full and didnt always turn up. Although this is not really the hotels fault.
Probably wouldnt stay at this hotel again but would go to holiday inn chain again.

• Stayed: March 2008, traveled as a couple