Message from TripAdvisor:
This place is temporarily closed.

“Older building but clean and spacious”

International Palms Resort & Conference Center
Ranked #258 of 340 Hotels in Orlando
Reviewed June 9, 2014

We recently stayed at this hotel for 3 nights. We got a room on the top floor of the hotel "tower" floor 13.
Positives:The staff was friendly and everything was clean.
The negatives: Furniture needed updating, small corner window, lots of things looked old and broken in the building such as the elevator buttons and signs. The food from the restaurant was very overpriced ($12 for 2 hot dogs and a drink)
A side note, we were awoken at 9am for a fire alarm. Apparently it was a false alarm. The staff handled it well.
Overall not a bad stay if you dont have to pay too much.

Room Tip: Dont get placed in the tower if you have a fear of heights. The walkways 10+ stories up are only as...
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business
2  Thank Seevert
Vicky P, Manager at International Palms Resort & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded June 12, 2014

Thank you for pointing out the friendly staff and clean rooms. I wanted to share with you we are working diligently on refurbishing our furniture as well as the entire resort to give it a fresh new look and feel.

I thank you for taking the time to write and submit a review. We value all of our guest's opinions.

There are newer reviews for International Palms Resort & Conference Center

Reviewed June 9, 2014

Stayed at this hotel for 2 weeks in the middle of may. Having read all the reviews before travelling I was slightly concerned. After 9 hour flight and transfer we were greeted in reception by very helpful staff. They did not have our reservation from Virgin Holidays although I had a voucher but they were very apologetic and it was soon resolved. Whilst we were waiting we were told about the amenities at the hotel and details of the park shuttles. We were informed we would be in the tower and asked whether we wanted a low mid or high floor room. We opted for low and were on 3rd floor. Room was large, clean and had two double beds as requested, bathroom had a powerful shower although the curtain did leak at times. The light between the beds had a mind of its own and would turn off and although I reported it 3 times was never fixed.

We used the disney shuttles several times and always found them very good and the drivers friendly and helpful. Even when we were late one night we were fitted into the next one.

Would stay again as you dont really spend much time in the room you are out and about most of the time.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with friends
7  Thank IpswichTractorgirl
Vicky P, Manager at International Palms Resort & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded June 10, 2014

I am pleased you were pleasantly surprised. Thank you for mentioning your clean room and the good shuttle service. I apologize your light was not fixed and wanted to share with you that is highly unusual. Our engineering department is usually very quick to fix a guest issue so I will share you comment with our chief engineer.

Thank you for taking the time to submit a review and I hope we have the pleasure of seeing you with a future reservation.

Reviewed June 9, 2014

I will start off by saying that the location is great. That's about the only good part of our stay. We expected to stay in a large "tower" style hotel with more than two floors, but that was not the case at all. Upon arriving, we noticed it looked more like an old motel. We were directed to the completely wrong side of the hotel to find our room and when I called to tell them the room I was told to go to in building A-B wasn't there the lady on the phone was very unpleasant and made it seem like I was some kind of moron for not being able to find the room. Once she understood what room I was looking for she told me it was in building E on the other side of the hotel. Once we were in the room we were immediately struck by a strong smell of marijuana and noticed how run down it looked. There were stains on the blankets, the beds were uncomfortable and the mini fridge smelled like old food. Overall, I would say don't stay here if you don't have to.

• Stayed: June 2014
2  Thank rsmille2

Please allow me to apologize for the issues you experienced during your stay here.

I will speak with the front office manager about the way you were spoken to on the phone and re-training will happen.

We work daily on improving our resort so it's always disappointing to read that one of our guest had issues. Please know I will share your comments with the departmental managers throughout the resort.

Thank you for taking the time to submit a review.

Reviewed June 8, 2014

I stayed here many years ago, and thought it would be the same. OMG who takes care of this place!? Slow elevators, no one maintains the grounds around the pool during the day, so clear cups from the bar...EVERYWHERE. It has really gone downhill. Stay somewhere else. The lobby is extremely deceiving. It looks and feels like a rundown motel.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank Tbgocat1

I would like to apologize for the issues you experienced during your stay with us. Please know we are continually working on updating our resort and hiring additional staff to ensure our guest are taken care of.

Again, I apologize but thank you for taking the time to write and submit a review. All of our guest comments are taken seriously and shared throughout the property with the staff .

Reviewed June 8, 2014

On arrival my boyfriend and I were really pleased with the hotel.. The reception area was lovely, bright and clean. Our room was situated in the tower block, which meant walking through the pool area, which we were also really pleased with.

However, when we got to the tower block, panic started to set in... The lift looked incredibly dodgy and was in need of some serious TLC. The room was large, a bit dated and dark - no light in the centre of the ceiling? So you only had what daylight there was and and small side lights - slightly disappointing!

But despite our initial reservations, the room turned out to be just what we needed. The shower was powerful, there was a large well-lit sink area for makeup / shaving and the towels were replaced every day. The maids did a superb job, our room was kept spotlessly clean. Our bed was also very comfortable.

A big plus about this hotel for us was its situation. You are close to a variety of restaurants and the I-ride stops just outside. The hotel runs free shuttles to most parks but universal is only a 5-10min taxi ride away.

Overall, I would definitely recommend this hotel to couples or families who are looking for a basic but clean hotel whilst enjoying a busy holiday in orlando. We only really used our room to shower and sleep, which it is ideal for. If you are looking for luxury and that bit extra, go elsewhere.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
7  Thank JenJar24

I am very happy you enjoyed your stay. Thank you for mentioning the clean rooms, our great location and your overall satisfaction with our resort.

I also appreciate the fact you would recommend us to your friends and family and want to thank you for taking the time to write a review.

Reviewed June 7, 2014

Stayed in this hotel with my family for two weeks 17May to 31May this year absolutely no problems The staff were superb hard working kind and helpful I just want to thank every one at the front desk Cathy and her colleagues all the people in the restaurant Patrick and little Lou Jean the cleaner and Imad at the pool who are all a credit to this hotel Hunter family.

Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
3  Thank Billy H
Vicky P, Manager at International Palms Resort & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded June 8, 2014

I am so pleased we were able to give you and your family a memorable stay and very pleased the staff was mentioned by name. They all read the reviews daily and when they see a positive comment with their name behind that comment, it makes their day!

Thank you for taking the time to write and submit your review. We look forward to a future visit.

Reviewed June 7, 2014

Stayed last year and loved it!!! here now and feel like going home - firstly, resort fee gives you added amenities like shuttle service etc... got here yesterday cant book to go to disney till monday afternoon!! JOKE!!!! air conditioner in room hanging off - sent a engineer, both rooms like a oven! hot and sweaty .Nightmare. The cutbacks are ridiculous - its not exactly cheap.. Phoned up to see if we can be moved. I dont go looking for problems and like i say was brilliant last year, it is a absolute joke....Would NOT recommend!!!! Does not state limited number of seats for shuttle, air con a joke and SO noisy, breakfast mediocre and place in great need of modernisation.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family