Message from TripAdvisor:
This place is temporarily closed.

“Thank you so much! Brilliant holiday!”

International Palms Resort & Conference Center
Ranked #258 of 337 Hotels in Orlando
Sanford, Florida
“Thank you so much! Brilliant holiday!”
Reviewed April 21, 2014

Myself and my two children, aged 7 and 14 years have stayed here for 11 nights and tomorrow we fly home to the UK.
We have had a fantastic holiday here, and the hotel is especially situated well for Universal Studios. It's a bit of a treck to the Disney parks but quite manageable.
Having a fridge and microwave in the room was great.
The pool area and hot tub are great too.
Overall our holiday has been made very special by the staff in the hotel.
They have all been so friendly, really welcoming. Thank you!

We have eaten very single day at the hotel, usually breakfast... And wow, what a breakfast!
WE WANT TO ESPECIALLY THANK GLENDA, SIMO AND MARY BETH in the restaurant!
Thank you so much the three of us have felt so safe, happy and welcome with you.
You have made our holiday.
My children loved everything from playing pool to being in the games room.
The food in the restaurant has been fantastic, and we will remember this holiday forever.
Thank you from Jane, Harry and Emily x

Room Tip: Block D suited us fine. Quiet and staff cleaned the room well.
2 Thank Jane T
Vicky P, Manager at International Palms Resort & Conference Center, responded to this review, April 22, 2014
Jane:

Thank you so much for your excellent review!

I will share your comments with the staff in the restaurant and would have to agree with you that Glenda, Simo and MaryBeth are fantastic.

I am so happy your holiday was a success and look forward to your next visit.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (794)
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Bayamon
Reviewed April 21, 2014

We stayed at this hotel as part of a Getaway package. Our first room was big but the bathroom was not properly equiped for a handicaped person. The description of the room established that the bathroom had hangers but that was not enough. We asked for a change of room, that was fast and easy but we were accomodated in a smaller room in an old building. We were happy because the elevators in the main building were extremely low and the wi-fi was weak. But in this smaller and old room, every noise from the parking lot echoed in our bedroom, every loud conversation between the housekeepers was heard in our bathroom. This hotel was chosen because it accept 5 people in the room but we had to beg for towels, sheets and toilet paper. One staffer asked us to wait 15 minutes for a service and when we came back 10 hours later the service was not provided. In one occasion we wanted to sleep late and when the housekeeper came to the room she did not cleaned and said that her shift was almost over. One tile from the bathroom was loose and pouring water. The door of the room did not close properly, the door of the bathroom did not close properly. The remote control of the tv did not work properly. The lights in the room were poor.

It is sad because, they treat each other with bad manners too. I was at the counter asking for help when the employee called another employee, the other one screamed WHAT!, in another occasion I was, again, asking for help and an employee interrupted my conversation with this employee at the counter just because he did not know what to do with a piece of paper. Not even the employee from concierge or the car rental counter have straigh answers. Its location is great but I rather drive 10 more minutes and have a good night sleep.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to write a review and I apologize for your less than stellar stay.

Please know we are in the process of conducting some major customer service training in every department of the resort. For any of our staff to behave as you stated is completely unacceptable and I apologize again.

Travelers are raving about these Orlando hotels

Savannah, Georgia
Reviewed April 21, 2014 via mobile

I was so excited when I saw the hotel on the Internet. Photos of the resort were amazing. The lobby looked great and when I saw pictures of the rooms on monitors I became more excited. Paid more money after paying through Orbitz did not deter me plus other hotels were booked. The first room I received was not cleaned. The second rooms were run down the tub was painted over and the paint was fading. The bathroom door was dry rotting at the bottom. The resort does not reflect the photos.

Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for your review.

I am sorry you had issues with your rooms. Please know we are implementing several new internal policies and procedures at our property that should put a stop to the problems you experienced.

We are striving to be the resort our guest love and want to come back to, time and time again.
Virginia Beach, Virginia, United States
Reviewed April 21, 2014

First of all we check in at 6:30 pm, ask about getting the shuttle to Downtown Disney, he tells us you need to reserve the shuttle 24 hrs in advance. No one ahead of time told us that, also that there are only 30 "free" passes and you have to get them each morning at 6am to get in line to get a pass. The room had no comforter, only sheets that were stained, the toilet did'nt flush. So we got a different room, few hours later someone was also given our new room number and came into our room, good thing I had the bar across the top. So many things went wrong.....spend the extra money and stay at a Disney resort, and book thru Disney. You'll be better off in the long run, wish someone would of told us!!!! :)

Room Tip: Don't stay here
1 Thank pamela376
Pamela:

Thank you for taking time to write the review and I am so very sorry about the problems in your room.

I will share your comments with our department heads. Please know we did add three additional shuttles to help alleviate the problem of the long lines and not having enough seating for our guest.

Again, I apologize.
Orlando, Florida
Reviewed April 21, 2014

We’d seen this place many times so we stopped by and looked around. Nice grounds, pool, lobby, etc. Not luxury, but well kept and inviting. A few weeks later, when we couldn’t get a room at one of our usual places (we spend lots of weekends in the area), we made a reservation at International Plaza. When we got to the room, we were appalled. Dirty, broken and chipped furniture, poorly maintained, a TV from the ’90s. Overall, it was CRUDDY! We were so disappointed, we just got our money refunded and left.

Room Tip: If you want to stay there, make sure they show you the room first before you lay down your credit ca...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Please allow me to apologize for the issues you experienced.

I wanted to share with you we are diligently working on improving our resort. New TV's are being ordered, furniture is being stripped and refurbished, carpets cleaned, walls painted and an overall face lift for the property is on going daily.

Again, I am sorry about your problems, but did want to thank you for taking the time to write a review.
Greater Adelaide, Australia
Reviewed April 20, 2014 via mobile

After reading some reviews we were a bit nervous about our stay but it is not as bad as the reviews make it out to be.

Check in was easy, we arrived early and we were able to store our bags. We had 3 rooms booked, we were all in rooms next to each other on the 10th floor of the tower block. One of the rooms the air con had been leaking and the carpet was soaked. One call to reception and our room was switched with no hassles. Our room was quite large and it was enough for my 2 children to spread out and play. Rooms were cleaned daily and even our shower curtain was changed. It had a microwave and a small fridge.

Pool area and alligator ally were a hit with my children, although we were out during the day so didn't utilize it as much as I would have liked. I never had a chance to use the bar either.

We used the shuttle to Universal and Disney World a few times and never had any issues. It took us 30minutes to walk to Universal if the shuttle times were fully booked.

Bus stops and I-trolley stops are right outside and there were lots of places to eat nearby.

The only thing we didn't like was that the elevator for the tower block was horrible. Most of the time only one was working. There was even a time when none were moving, after numerous calls and almost 20mins of waiting someone came to look into it. By the time they came half the party had taken the stairs which I would have done if I didn't have a stroller. I even had to get out of one elevator as the doors would close but it wouldn't move, it really had me concerned.

It would have been nice to have a change machine for the laundry nearby. When we were short it was a long walk to the gift shop/convenience store behind reception to get some change.

All we needed was a place to shower and sleep, and that is what we got. We will stay here again, we will just avoid the tower block.

Stayed December 2013
1 Thank Carlz85
Vicky P, Manager at International Palms Resort & Conference Center, responded to this review, April 21, 2014
Carlz:

I am so pleased you had a good stay with the exception of the elevators. We have all three elevators up and running now.

We have been making some changes at our front desk and I'm glad your check in was a breeze. Our goal is to get our guest in their rooms as quickly as possible while still making the guest feel welcomed.

I am also happy our interactive Alligator Alley and our lush pool area was a hit.

Thank you for taking the time to write a review and we look forward to your return trip.
Christchurch, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 19, 2014

as our titles say`s this is not our first stay at the hotel. Our stay was 3 weeks, glad I do not believe all that is put on these sites. staff were helpful including Adam on reception when our holiday company had not confirmed our booking but they sorted it out, Even gave us the room we had on our last visit,Yes as mentioned in previous post for end of March beginning of April they did have trouble with the lifts but you just got on with it.Rooms can do with a lick of paint but are kept clean and tidy by the staff. Pool side is nice and the staff at the bar there Imad ,mike , crazy ray and Jordan are more than helpful and remember what you are having which is nice. Overall the hotel is value for money and we will be going back again.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Vicky P, Manager at International Palms Resort & Conference Center, responded to this review, April 20, 2014
Adrian:

I am so pleased our staff was helpful to you during your recent visit. I'm equally as pleased your room was clean.

We are in the process of updating our rooms including a new coat of paint which should help our resort have more of a fresh feel to it.

I will share your excellent words about Mike and Jordan with them and I would agree with you, they have great customer service skills.

Thank you for taking the time to write a review and we will look forward to your return visit.