After being terrified to come to this hotel we where overwhelmingly impressed by it. This is a hotel in the middle of a huge refurb. You cannot expect an entire hotel to close down while this is happening! We where put in the dreaded "tower" and where impressed by the size of the room. Yes it did have older style furniture and older tv, but you are in Orlando after all who has time to watch tv?
Our room was cleaned every day and we always had fresh towels. I don't know if this is because we tipped daily or not, so maybe if you are going this is what you should do. All the staff where polite, friendly and helpful. We used the restaurant every morning for buffet breakfast as this was easiest for us. My son was shown how to make his own Mickey Mouse waffles and this became his only choice even though there was plenty to choose from.
If you are going to use the free transport to the parks please book 24 hours in advance as they only have 30 free seats a day!
We had a fab holiday and this was made more so by the hotel staff and the fact we didn't stay in the "Tower of Terror" which we where expecting.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The International Palms Resort & Conference Center has temporarily closed to undergo a complete renovation that will include a branding change, remodeling of the guest rooms, lobby & dining facilities, pool area and 20,000 sq. feet of convention space. Renovations are expected to be complete towards the beginning of 2018. When searching for ideal Orlando Florida hotels or resorts for your Central Florida vacation, meeting or event, make your reservation at the International Palms Resort & Conference Center Orlando on International Drive. Our resort is conveniently located in the heart of International Drive and offers guests easy access to the most popular Orlando attractions and exciting things to do. Discover adventurous thrills at Universal Orlando, marvel at an amazing underwater paradise at Sea World, cool off with an exciting trip to Aquatica or Wet n Wild and enjoy some of the best shopping in the world! With our Attractions Shuttle, Lynx Bus Stop, I-Drive Trolley Stop and Dollar Rental Car office, we have many ways to help you get around. At the resort, take a refreshing dip in our sparkling outdoor pool or whirlpool hot tub. Work out in our fitness center with an array of exercise machines. For tantalizing meals, choose from several delectable locations, like the Front Street Café, and enjoy a drink and pleasant conversations in our casual Coral Key Bar & Grill or Gator Joe's Poolside Bar. Experience event planning Florida-style, with delicious catering menus and 20,000 square feet of event space to meet all your needs. For great Orlando vacation deals, we offer an Orlando value vacation for your family or romantic getaway. We look forward to taking EXCELLENT care of you at the International Palms Resort & Conference Center Orlando! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, Hotwire, HotelsforEveryone, Cancelon, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your International Palms Resort & Conference Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- International Palms Hotel Orlando
- International Palms Resort And Conference Center
- Holiday Inn Orlando
- Holiday Inn International Drive Florida
- Holiday Inn International Drive Orlando
- Orlando Holiday Inn