Message from TripAdvisor:
This place is temporarily closed.

“Reasonable hotel in good location”

International Palms Resort & Conference Center
Ranked #256 of 338 Hotels in Orlando
Nottingham
“Reasonable hotel in good location”
Reviewed October 22, 2013

Stayed in this hotel on a recent trip to Orlando. The aim of the holiday was to visit the theme and water parks.

This hotel was in a good location to allow for visits to the theme parks. We hired a car and most parks were only a short drive away. One of the waterparks was in walking distance.

There was plenty of on site parking which we didn't have to pay for. Lots of places to eat and drink and shops nearby. Plus a couple of supermarkets within walking distance.

The staff were a little slow at times and the reception service would have been better if the staff worked with a little more diligence.
We stayed in the tower, which was good, but you had to walk back to reception and the food/bar area each time.

If you are looking for a good value hotel in a good location then this is one to consider.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank colins5286
International P... O, Manager at International Palms Resort & Conference Center, responded to this review, October 23, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review on Trip Advisor. It is through such candid feedback that we continue to improve our product and service. I have taken the liberty of sharing your comments with our Front Office Manager. Again, thank you for your comments they are very much appreciate. We look forward to your next visit.

Assistant General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (795)
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
New York City, New York
Reviewed October 21, 2013

The hotel is not that bad! My kids enjoyed the beautiful pool , I think they were more excited about the alligator alley more than anything ! The tower elevator was dated and hot! I was kinda scared of getting stuck , my room was on the 14th floor it was a nice view ! There wasn't enough room in the bed so I called the operator to ask for extra blankets and pillows so me and my daughter could sleep on the floor ! The lady asked me did I want a rollaway bed , I told her no I was ok with sleeping on the floor she said ok! The maid came up like 10 mins later with a extra bed (I was very thankful) the operator called me back I believe her name was "Kia , or kiara" she thanked me for staying there and told me to have an excellent night! That really made my night because I couldn't afford an extra bed! I plan on coming back my kids love the stay and so did I !

• Stayed September 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review on Trip Advisor. We appreciate the feedback and will share your comments with Kierra and her supervisor. Again, thank you for your kind and gracious comments regarding the resort and the service you received from our team.

Palm Springs, Florida
Reviewed October 21, 2013

I had to pay a resort fee of $14 that no one told me about. We never saw room service the two days that we were there. We had no hot water in the shower and the faucets were coming out from the wall. The room smelled like musty old water. Hotel was ok but it's in desperate need of renovations. Everything is old and in need of repair. I would not stay here again. Very expensive. They wanted $18 for a six pack of beer.

Room Tip: go see the room first before you enter and stay.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Anita R
International P... O, Manager at International Palms Resort & Conference Center, responded to this review, October 22, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review on TripAdvisor. It is through such candid feedback that continue to improve upon our product and services. We regret that the resort did not generally meet your expectations. We don't have a $14 resort fee, and do have a $7.99 resort fee that includes the following- free Wifi which no hotel our size offers for free and will charge over $10 to $14 per usage, also we provide transportations to all the parks in private vans not buses that stop at other hotels. Our bucket of beers are priced at $15. A six pack of beer in a store will cost you $8 to $9, but we are not a store and therefore we are mandated by the state to buy from a distributor at a higher wholesale price. I am particularly sorry that you did not bring your concerns to our attention during your stay so that we could meet your requests immediately. Again, thank you for your comments.

Assistant General Manager

Travelers are raving about these Orlando hotels

Wakefield, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 21, 2013

We arrived back to the UK on Saturday after two weeks at International Palms and with a family group of eight in our party we had alot of diffrent views about this accomaodation but all things concidered we had a fantastic holiday!
I have to made special mention about reception staff MARIA and STEPHANIE who were absolutely wonderful and with a few problems with our accomodation were so helpful and genuinely did everything they could to make our stay the best it could be when we had a problem with a water leak from a room above us in B Block.
Maria was a complete star and is a huge asset to the hotel - hope they look after her and she stays with the business as this is the kind of person you really want to look after you when you are on holiday - nothing too much trouble and always making sure everything was okay!!
I also have to say a big thank you to KENNETH - House Keeping Manager who when he found out about our accomodation problems, without any hesitation moved my partner and I to a lovely poolside suite which was a lovely gesture from him and the hotel which we greatly appreciated!!
The hotel accomadation does need some updating but the pool and the bars are well maintained and really clean which is what you want from holiday accomodation so all in all everything balances out.
Thank you again to the staff for all thier help and kindness it was much appreciated!!!

Room Tip: B Block is perfect for accessing the pool but if you can get a suite these are fantastically big and...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to write a review on TripAdvisor. It is through such candid feedback that continue to improve upon our product and services. We are most pleased that you generally found the resort and staff met or exceeded your expectations. I have shared your comments with Maria and Stephanie. Again,Thank you for your comments.

Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 20, 2013

Don't usually write reviews but felt I had to . Came here for 3 weeks at end of September and loved every minute of it . Had 3 kids and they loved it too. Had not one problem or issue in the full 3 weeks staff are lovely especially Marybeth from the resteraunt. Have already recommended the hotel to friends and family and I'm planning on returning next year . Do NOT listen to the bad reviews . Location is perfect pool great .

• Stayed September 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review on TripAdvisor. It is through such candid feedback that we continue to improve upon our product and services. We are most pleased that you generally found the resort and staff met or exceeded your expectations. I have shared your comments with Marybeth and her supervisor. Again, thank you for your kind and gracious comments regarding the facilities and the exceptional service and attention you received from Marybeth are greatly appreciated.

Bronx, New York
Reviewed October 20, 2013

We chose this hotel because it's right on I Drive which is a perfect location to be if you want to be close to everything. The location is perfect. The hotel, eh, I've had better but I can't complain. The room was clean but dull. Bed was comfortable though which is a plus when you're exhausted after a LONG day at the parks.
It isn't luxurious but if you're just looking for a place to crash, this will be suffice.

The shuttle buses were convenient but a bit unorganized. I was expecting a coach bus or something of that nature. Instead, they sent a large van that fits about 10 people. Take the LYNX public bus instead. It runs often and its cheap.
We didn't eat at the hotel restaurant so I can't comment on that. The room has a fridge and microwave so we stocked up with drinks and frozen food. We bought a lot of things at a walgreens near by. (the "supermarkets" closest to the hotel are a RIP OFF!!)
Transportation from airport to the hotel was $45 for a taxi. My husband couldnt wait to get to the hotel thats why we paid a cab. Otherwise, you pay $2 each person for the public LYNX bus and it'll leave you right in front of the hotel. Its about an hour ride but it's great if you're on a budget and need to get to know the area.

Overall, we had a great time. There are plenty of things to do to keep you entertained on the days you're too tired to go to another park. I would recommend this place to a friend only if its a good deal. I wouldn't pay more than what I paid for it though.
#1 Tip: TAKE THE LYNX BUS

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to write a review on Trip Advisor. It is through such candid feedback that we continue to improve upon our product and services. We are most pleased that you generally found the resort and staff met your expectations. Thank you for your comments.

Newcastle upon Tyne, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 20, 2013

We stayed at the Palms in September of 2013. Upon arrival we were pointed in the direction of the tower block which is adjacent top the main conference centre and reception. We called one of the three lifts which take an age to arrive and traveled up to the sixth floor. Our room turned out to be a twin which when we had specified a double. The staff were happy to change the room and gave us a double on the twelfth floor this time. The rooms are spacious but very basic and dated. Especially the bathroom which had a peeling bath. The air conditioning units are very loud so I'd recommend bringing ear plugs. The hotel offers a shuttle service to Disney, Seaworld and Universal which we made the most of. just make sure to book in advance as they can fill up quickly. As we spent most of our time away from the hotel I can't comment too much on the facilities other that the pool area which was well maintained and clean. The hotel's best point is it's location on International Drive. It's ideal for Universal and Wet and Wild and with the free shuttle service only a short drive from Disney and Seaworld. The I trolley bus service picks up outside the hotel as well and using this you can travel up and down I-Drive at your leisure. You'll be spoilt for choice for places to eat and drink along I-Drive but for breakfast I'd recommend going over the road to the Ponderosa Steakhouse and sampling their buffet breakfast. Don't expect too much from this hotel and you won't be dissapointed, you get what you pay for and the location makes up for the dated decor.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to write a review on TripAdvisor. It is through such candid feedback that continue to improve upon our product and services. We are most pleased that you generally found the resort and staff met your expectations. All of our rooms are double/full beds and we do not have any rooms with twin beds. Again, thank you for your comments.