If, like us, you plan on not being in your hotel room and simply making use of a bed and shower at the end of amazing days enjoying the parks of Orlando then this might just do it, but if you are expecting more then this might not be for you.
We were under no illusion before travelling that this was a Motel more than Hotel, from reviews on here and also previous Orlando visits by my Husband.
We were housed in the Tower which many have commented on, however the good points first, everything very clean from sheets to room itself, very large room so loads of space for us and very comfy bed.
Large fridge, working TV and microwave (should you really need) plenty of drawer space and hangers and a free safe
Totally free shuttle to Magic Kingdom and Universal - not offered in many other hotels, especially for Disney and saves you a fortune.
Unfortunately there were bad points too... the lifts are horrendous and you can be left waiting for ages with no idea where the lift is as no digital count down above the doors unless on ground floor, we had to walk up and down several times after getting fed up waiting. From the 4th floor this is ok but much higher i would have been annoyed and my legs would not have managed it after the eventful days of Disney and Universal.
We were left to return on 3 occasions after 6pm without any towels and on one occasion they took 45 mins to bring any towels - not welcomed at all when desperate for relaxing shower.
The air conditioning is welcome on return to the room however be warned ours sounded like a jet engine taking off in the corner (no exageration) and can only assume that other rooms were the same as no one complained to us about ours... took a couple of nights to get used to being able to sleep with it on and definitely too hot without it
2 queen size beds in the room, just manageable for a couple but only if you are "cozy" can request a king but we decided not to bother.
The hot water is questionable in the morning, more tepid than hot but its plentiful at night when you really need it. Plus the shower is very low and not adjustable, fine for a little 5ft5 like me but my Husband (5ft9) struggled with having to duck every use.
The Staff are great and appear very pleasant and helpful and the location is of course just brilliant, with plenty of restaurants within 5 min walks for breakfast (from $4.99 all you can eat buffets) don't bother with the adding the hotel breakfast to the bill.
We didn't use the pool at all, although looked clean and nice and was quite busy.
The lifts, hot water, shower, towels and other bits certainly did not spoil our amazing holiday in any way but just make sure you know what to expect before you go. Don't expect the Ritz - go and enjoy the fantastic parks and just crash out at the end of the day and the shuttle is not to be under estimated at its value.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The International Palms Resort & Conference Center has temporarily closed to undergo a complete renovation that will include a branding change, remodeling of the guest rooms, lobby & dining facilities, pool area and 20,000 sq. feet of convention space. Renovations are expected to be complete towards the beginning of 2018. When searching for ideal Orlando Florida hotels or resorts for your Central Florida vacation, meeting or event, make your reservation at the International Palms Resort & Conference Center Orlando on International Drive. Our resort is conveniently located in the heart of International Drive and offers guests easy access to the most popular Orlando attractions and exciting things to do. Discover adventurous thrills at Universal Orlando, marvel at an amazing underwater paradise at Sea World, cool off with an exciting trip to Aquatica or Wet n Wild and enjoy some of the best shopping in the world! With our Attractions Shuttle, Lynx Bus Stop, I-Drive Trolley Stop and Dollar Rental Car office, we have many ways to help you get around. At the resort, take a refreshing dip in our sparkling outdoor pool or whirlpool hot tub. Work out in our fitness center with an array of exercise machines. For tantalizing meals, choose from several delectable locations, like the Front Street Café, and enjoy a drink and pleasant conversations in our casual Coral Key Bar & Grill or Gator Joe's Poolside Bar. Experience event planning Florida-style, with delicious catering menus and 20,000 square feet of event space to meet all your needs. For great Orlando vacation deals, we offer an Orlando value vacation for your family or romantic getaway. We look forward to taking EXCELLENT care of you at the International Palms Resort & Conference Center Orlando! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotwire, Travelocity, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, HotelsforEveryone, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your International Palms Resort & Conference Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- International Palms Hotel Orlando
- International Palms Resort And Conference Center
- Holiday Inn Orlando
- Holiday Inn International Drive Florida
- Holiday Inn International Drive Orlando
- Orlando Holiday Inn