Message from TripAdvisor:
This place is temporarily closed due to renovation.

“Don't believe what you read”

International Palms Resort & Conference Center
Ranked #260 of 335 Hotels in Orlando
Jacksonville, Florida
“Don't believe what you read”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 25, 2013

I was a little concerned when I read the reviews, my daughter was worried too. Imagine my delight when I got into the TOWER room and found it clean and well appointed. The furniture was older, but very nice and in good condition. There was a frig, a microwave (older one but VERY clean and it worked well) a coffee pot and an older, but nice TV with complete cable. The beds were clean and comfortable and the carpets and bathroom were clean.

There was live Island Music in the lobby Saturday evening (VERY GOOD) and Stacey at the pool hut food and bar was extremely personable. There is a vollyball sand field, a two foot high outdoor chess game, a very clean pool, a nicely equipted fitness center and don't miss out seeing the live alligators inside the enclosed pond area behind the pool. There was also a movie that was to be shown at 9PM on the pool deck.

The hotel is under some renovation and it appears they are updating the carpets and outdoor areas, but it wasn't noisey or detracting in any way. The food in the cafe was good (breakfast) and the coffee bar on the tower first floor had the same good coffee as the cafe. You are within a 5 minute walk to at least 20 eating establishments too.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
5 Thank VirginiaFJax
International P... O, Manager at International Palms Resort & Conference Center, responded to this review, August 5, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review on TripAdvisor. It is through such candid feedback that continue to improve upon our product and services. We are most pleased that you found the resort and staff met and exceeded your expectations. Your kind and gracious comments regarding the facilities and the exceptional service and attention you received from our associates are greatly appreciated.

Assistant General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (794)
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 24, 2013

The good - great location and the pool area was nice to sit around and take a dip when the heat got a bit too much.

The bad - housekeeping was an absolute joke! They would arrive either stupidly early or ridiculously late and when I say late I mean 17:10 late! The reception staff when checking in and out were so slow it was painstaking. Even to the point when checking in the guy checking us in answered the phone for ten minutes without even an apology. The rooms are in desperate need of some tlc! In fact the whole hotel has so much potential with some investment and updating it would make it a more bearable place to stay. Air con was good apart from being very loud and getting the missus' clothes all wet that were by the unit.

Overall I wouldn't stay here again but if it got updated and brought to the current day and some new staff employed I prob would come back.

Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to write a review on TripAdvisor. It is through such candid feedback that continue to improve upon our product and services. We regret the resort did not generally meet your expectations. Certainly, this is not the type of guest experience we are trying to provide. I particularly sorry for the lack of housekeeping attention given to your room. I have taken the liberty of sharing your comments with my housekeeping team. Again, thank you for your comments.

Assistant General Manager

Travelers are raving about these Orlando hotels

middlewich UK
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 24, 2013

If you want a good family hotel ..... This is the one for you !! Cheap central location on the Drive and a great clean pool , staff polite , and Gator Alley is a must ! We were in the Tower , some parts are having a revamp but our room was clean and the A/C was super !

• Stayed July 2013
2 Thank Rob D

Orlando, Florida
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 21, 2013

my room looked NOTHING like the photos. Older property. We went one night for a "staycation " from Orlando. Found some ants in the room around sink area.
On a positive note, I left my purse behind after check out. The hotel called me and I returned to find my purse still fully loaded with all my cards and cash, KUDOS to the honest employee's of the hotel. Greatly appreciated!!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank sue f
Thank you for taking the time to write a review on TripAdvisor. It is through such candid feedback that continue to improve upon our product and services. We are most pleased that you found the resort and staff met your expectations. Our Resort is yes dated, but we have done a lot of improvements since taking over the property a year ago. We have a nationally bonded Pest Control Company that has just completed a full inspection of every room on the resort. We have a great team of associates and their main focus to provide friendly and caring service. Again, thank you for your comments.

South Park Township, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 20, 2013

After booking the International Palms for our trip to Orlando, I started seeing more and more negative reviews on the hotel pop up and I was getting worried. I thought maybe I should change my reservation if it is THIS BAD. I called up the hotel and made sure that I would have a non smoking room in the D Block(which is the newer, refurbished area) and they accommodated me no questions asked. This put me more at ease as some of the reviews on here state that this is the best area to stay. Upon getting to Orlando from Pittsburgh, I walked into the lobby of the hotel and it was absolutely stunning! The people at the desk leave a little to be desired as they don't seem to have very much personality and I was a little upset that I was charged a $50 deposit to my card that I knew nothing about until my card was already in the process of being swiped. However, these were the only downsides to my staying at the hotel. We were offered $10 in food and beverage certificates to decline maid services during our stay on two select days when checking in. We took the family to our room and were not disappointed! It was clean and lovely and had lots of clean towels. After getting settled in we took the kids down to the absolutely gorgeous pool area and let them swim while my husband and I used the complimentary certificates and ordered a couple drinks from the pool bar. The staff was always very friendly at the bar and even made conversation about our boys as one of the bartenders had a son the same age as one of ours. The pool was clean and so was the entire area surrounding it. There was no shortage of geckos running around in the greenery which my kids thought was the coolest thing! Never once did I see any type of bugs or cockroaches as some of the reviews suggest in or around our hotel room. There were live gator shows throughout the week which we really enjoyed and I even got to hold a gator! The cleaning staff was wonderful and fulfilled any request that we had. Anytime we saw a staff member walking around the hotel or pool area, they always made eye contact and said hello to us. I honestly couldn't really find anything bad to say about this place other than the staff working the lobby check in. I would most definitely stay here again! It was our first trip to Florida and this resort made it worth while!

Room Tip: As I wasn't in any other rooms I couldn't comment on them but like other travelers, ask for...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
5 Thank nikkipikkles

Miami, Florida, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 19, 2013

Despite the bad reviews I decided to go here anyway with my discount from Groupon. We waited about 20 minutes for the front desk employee to process our Groupon, then we received a room somewhere in the hotel that someone in our group was not impressed, so we changed it. The woman was very professional and a joy to talk to. We ended up on the 14th floor in the tower. The tower, despite some other reviews, was not dirty whats so ever. Our room was very clean and we even had a view of Universal Studios, it was also extremely quiet. My only problem is the traffic on the street, getting in and out was a bit of a hassle. We noticed a lot of people had problems with their room key; however, we did not have that problem. I would stay here again, It was enjoyable and clean. The distance from Universal and SeaWorld is also a plus. If you are isolating your vacation to be just Disney, I would find a hotel along the Bronson Hwy., International Drive, is a little less convenient for going to Disney.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank Aaron M

Glasgow, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 19, 2013

Starting with the good points. Location is excellent and bed is really comfortable. The bad however outweigh the good. We are here for 3 weeks and currently in our 3rd week on the top floor of the tower. The elevators are painfully slow in all ways and very frustrating when here for 3 weeks. In addition to this the key card is temperamental in allowing you to access the elevator. The rooms are in a bad need of a makeover! The carpet is so worn out I would doubt very much if it has been changed since opening at all. Some floors don't even have carpets at all and I cant understand the delay in getting this, especially during peak season!

On two occasions, including tonight the hot water hasn't worked although there cant be any complaints with the TV. Its a bonus having a decent sized fridge and a microwave as well and the air con which works well, even though loud.

As a business owner its very frustrating to see such great potential in a hotel of this size and location just be run into the ground. All it needs is some attention - new carpet, lick of paint and new curtains and you would have a completely new place altogether. There is a running joke in the elevator between other residents as to the state of the hotel and I know several other couples that have had to complain.

Its not a nice start to a holiday opening the bedroom door of this hotel and while the comfort of the bed, good air con, and working TV have made the room bearable I would urge the hotel to invest a some of the profits into bringing the hotel into the 21st century!

Room Tip: Don't accept any of the rooms in the tower! The photos speak for themselves.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Stevenmfit
Thank you for taking the time to write a review on TripAdvisor. It is through such candid feedback that continue to improve upon our product and services. We regret that you resort did not generally meet your expectations. Certainly, this is not the type of guest experience we are trying to provide. I am particularly sorry that you did not bring your concerns to our attention during your stay so that we could meet your requests immediately. We took over this hotel a year ago and I could honestly say that we have made major improvements to enhance the guest experience and we had a lot of improvement projects in the pipeline. It is impossible for us to shut down the entire resort to do all the projects at once; I assure you we are committed to providing the best product on I Drive. Our greatest resources is our associates and the location of the resort. Our elevators are yes slow, but are safe and at any given time are servicing over a thousand guests when the tower is completely full. Again, thank you for your comments.