I was a little concerned when I read the reviews, my daughter was worried too. Imagine my delight when I got into the TOWER room and found it clean and well appointed. The furniture was older, but very nice and in good condition. There was a frig, a microwave (older one but VERY clean and it worked well) a coffee pot and an older, but nice TV with complete cable. The beds were clean and comfortable and the carpets and bathroom were clean.
There was live Island Music in the lobby Saturday evening (VERY GOOD) and Stacey at the pool hut food and bar was extremely personable. There is a vollyball sand field, a two foot high outdoor chess game, a very clean pool, a nicely equipted fitness center and don't miss out seeing the live alligators inside the enclosed pond area behind the pool. There was also a movie that was to be shown at 9PM on the pool deck.
The hotel is under some renovation and it appears they are updating the carpets and outdoor areas, but it wasn't noisey or detracting in any way. The food in the cafe was good (breakfast) and the coffee bar on the tower first floor had the same good coffee as the cafe. You are within a 5 minute walk to at least 20 eating establishments too.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The International Palms Resort & Conference Center has temporarily closed to undergo a complete renovation that will include a branding change, remodeling of the guest rooms, lobby & dining facilities, pool area and 20,000 sq. feet of convention space. Renovations are expected to be complete towards the beginning of 2018. When searching for ideal Orlando Florida hotels or resorts for your Central Florida vacation, meeting or event, make your reservation at the International Palms Resort & Conference Center Orlando on International Drive. Our resort is conveniently located in the heart of International Drive and offers guests easy access to the most popular Orlando attractions and exciting things to do. Discover adventurous thrills at Universal Orlando, marvel at an amazing underwater paradise at Sea World, cool off with an exciting trip to Aquatica or Wet n Wild and enjoy some of the best shopping in the world! With our Attractions Shuttle, Lynx Bus Stop, I-Drive Trolley Stop and Dollar Rental Car office, we have many ways to help you get around. At the resort, take a refreshing dip in our sparkling outdoor pool or whirlpool hot tub. Work out in our fitness center with an array of exercise machines. For tantalizing meals, choose from several delectable locations, like the Front Street Café, and enjoy a drink and pleasant conversations in our casual Coral Key Bar & Grill or Gator Joe's Poolside Bar. Experience event planning Florida-style, with delicious catering menus and 20,000 square feet of event space to meet all your needs. For great Orlando vacation deals, we offer an Orlando value vacation for your family or romantic getaway. We look forward to taking EXCELLENT care of you at the International Palms Resort & Conference Center Orlando! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Hotwire, Cancelon, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your International Palms Resort & Conference Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- International Palms Hotel Orlando
- International Palms Resort And Conference Center
- Holiday Inn Orlando
- Holiday Inn International Drive Florida
- Holiday Inn International Drive Orlando
- Orlando Holiday Inn