Message from TripAdvisor:
This place is temporarily closed due to renovation.

“get what you pay for”

International Palms Resort & Conference Center
Ranked #260 of 335 Hotels in Orlando
Orlando, Florida
“get what you pay for”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 21, 2013

my room looked NOTHING like the photos. Older property. We went one night for a "staycation " from Orlando. Found some ants in the room around sink area.
On a positive note, I left my purse behind after check out. The hotel called me and I returned to find my purse still fully loaded with all my cards and cash, KUDOS to the honest employee's of the hotel. Greatly appreciated!!

1 Thank sue f
International P... O, Manager at International Palms Resort & Conference Center, responded to this review, August 5, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review on TripAdvisor. It is through such candid feedback that continue to improve upon our product and services. We are most pleased that you found the resort and staff met your expectations. Our Resort is yes dated, but we have done a lot of improvements since taking over the property a year ago. We have a nationally bonded Pest Control Company that has just completed a full inspection of every room on the resort. We have a great team of associates and their main focus to provide friendly and caring service. Again, thank you for your comments.

Assistant General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (794)
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
South Park Township, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 20, 2013

After booking the International Palms for our trip to Orlando, I started seeing more and more negative reviews on the hotel pop up and I was getting worried. I thought maybe I should change my reservation if it is THIS BAD. I called up the hotel and made sure that I would have a non smoking room in the D Block(which is the newer, refurbished area) and they accommodated me no questions asked. This put me more at ease as some of the reviews on here state that this is the best area to stay. Upon getting to Orlando from Pittsburgh, I walked into the lobby of the hotel and it was absolutely stunning! The people at the desk leave a little to be desired as they don't seem to have very much personality and I was a little upset that I was charged a $50 deposit to my card that I knew nothing about until my card was already in the process of being swiped. However, these were the only downsides to my staying at the hotel. We were offered $10 in food and beverage certificates to decline maid services during our stay on two select days when checking in. We took the family to our room and were not disappointed! It was clean and lovely and had lots of clean towels. After getting settled in we took the kids down to the absolutely gorgeous pool area and let them swim while my husband and I used the complimentary certificates and ordered a couple drinks from the pool bar. The staff was always very friendly at the bar and even made conversation about our boys as one of the bartenders had a son the same age as one of ours. The pool was clean and so was the entire area surrounding it. There was no shortage of geckos running around in the greenery which my kids thought was the coolest thing! Never once did I see any type of bugs or cockroaches as some of the reviews suggest in or around our hotel room. There were live gator shows throughout the week which we really enjoyed and I even got to hold a gator! The cleaning staff was wonderful and fulfilled any request that we had. Anytime we saw a staff member walking around the hotel or pool area, they always made eye contact and said hello to us. I honestly couldn't really find anything bad to say about this place other than the staff working the lobby check in. I would most definitely stay here again! It was our first trip to Florida and this resort made it worth while!

Room Tip: As I wasn't in any other rooms I couldn't comment on them but like other travelers, ask for...
5 Thank nikkipikkles
Thank you for taking the time to write a review on TripAdvisor. It is through such candid feedback that continue to improve upon our product and services. We are most pleased that you found the resort and staff met and exceeded your expectations. Your kind and gracious comments regarding the facilities and the exceptional service and attention you received from our associates are greatly appreciated.

Miami, Florida, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 19, 2013

Despite the bad reviews I decided to go here anyway with my discount from Groupon. We waited about 20 minutes for the front desk employee to process our Groupon, then we received a room somewhere in the hotel that someone in our group was not impressed, so we changed it. The woman was very professional and a joy to talk to. We ended up on the 14th floor in the tower. The tower, despite some other reviews, was not dirty whats so ever. Our room was very clean and we even had a view of Universal Studios, it was also extremely quiet. My only problem is the traffic on the street, getting in and out was a bit of a hassle. We noticed a lot of people had problems with their room key; however, we did not have that problem. I would stay here again, It was enjoyable and clean. The distance from Universal and SeaWorld is also a plus. If you are isolating your vacation to be just Disney, I would find a hotel along the Bronson Hwy., International Drive, is a little less convenient for going to Disney.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank Aaron M

Glasgow, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 19, 2013

Starting with the good points. Location is excellent and bed is really comfortable. The bad however outweigh the good. We are here for 3 weeks and currently in our 3rd week on the top floor of the tower. The elevators are painfully slow in all ways and very frustrating when here for 3 weeks. In addition to this the key card is temperamental in allowing you to access the elevator. The rooms are in a bad need of a makeover! The carpet is so worn out I would doubt very much if it has been changed since opening at all. Some floors don't even have carpets at all and I cant understand the delay in getting this, especially during peak season!

On two occasions, including tonight the hot water hasn't worked although there cant be any complaints with the TV. Its a bonus having a decent sized fridge and a microwave as well and the air con which works well, even though loud.

As a business owner its very frustrating to see such great potential in a hotel of this size and location just be run into the ground. All it needs is some attention - new carpet, lick of paint and new curtains and you would have a completely new place altogether. There is a running joke in the elevator between other residents as to the state of the hotel and I know several other couples that have had to complain.

Its not a nice start to a holiday opening the bedroom door of this hotel and while the comfort of the bed, good air con, and working TV have made the room bearable I would urge the hotel to invest a some of the profits into bringing the hotel into the 21st century!

Room Tip: Don't accept any of the rooms in the tower! The photos speak for themselves.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Stevenmfit
Thank you for taking the time to write a review on TripAdvisor. It is through such candid feedback that continue to improve upon our product and services. We regret that you resort did not generally meet your expectations. Certainly, this is not the type of guest experience we are trying to provide. I am particularly sorry that you did not bring your concerns to our attention during your stay so that we could meet your requests immediately. We took over this hotel a year ago and I could honestly say that we have made major improvements to enhance the guest experience and we had a lot of improvement projects in the pipeline. It is impossible for us to shut down the entire resort to do all the projects at once; I assure you we are committed to providing the best product on I Drive. Our greatest resources is our associates and the location of the resort. Our elevators are yes slow, but are safe and at any given time are servicing over a thousand guests when the tower is completely full. Again, thank you for your comments.

Assistant General Manager

Travelers are raving about these Orlando hotels

Galeton, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 18, 2013

We were booked into the tower at first. It wasn't very clean and was far from the pool. We did get an upgrade to a pool view room which was not bad. The room was cleaner and the pool and hot tub were nice after long days at various parks. The Expedia desk was hit or miss based on who was working as far as service and information goes, but the hotel workers were all kind and helpful. The hotel does have a great location, and if you have a rental car it is easy to get to most attractions. If you use the shuttle you have to sign up 24 hours in advance.

If someone on your trip gets sick DO NOT ask for the hotel doctor. Walgreens drug stores have clinics set up inside and charge $60 for a visit. We were told insurance would pay for the visit, but neglected to tell us they meant would reimburse us and demanded a credit card for the $1200 house call for strep throat.

Room Tip: Do not chose a tower room.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Laurel R
Thank you for taking the time to write a review on TripAdvisor. It is through such candid feedback that continue to improve upon our product and services. We are most pleased that you generally found the resort and staff met your expectations. Thank you for you comments.

KEY LARGO, FL
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 16, 2013

I have stayed at the International Palms Resort in Cocoa Beach several times but had never stayed at this location. Upon arrival Joshua was most efficient and helpful in getting us checked in to a perfect room. After getting to the building we were staying in I realized that I had stayed at this hotel previously but under a different name. International Palms has made many improvements and I would recommend this hotel to everyone who is going to the Universal Studios area.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
3 Thank GATORENT
Thank you for taking the time to write a review on TripAdvisor. It is through such candid feedback that continue to improve upon our product and services. We are most pleased that you generally found the resort and staff met and exceeded your expectations. I have shared your comments with all of our associates at this morning employee rally. Again, thank you for your kind and gracious comments, they are greatly appreciated.
Alexandria, Virginia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 16, 2013

We tried to avoid the Tower, but got stuck up on the 14th floor. Not a big deal except that the elevators didn't work for the entire week we were there. We didn't have hot water for three our of the six days because "a circulating pump failed somewhere". But because it was so hot there, the water was luke warm and bearable. We found a big black bug in our bed but it was not a bedbug. May have gotten her by some other means. Checked carefully and didn't find any others. Hotel just has a feeling of being old. Not necessarily bad, just old. Pool was nice---kids loved it. Don't count on the shuttle drivers to pick you up at the parks when they say they will. Another driver that agreed to take us back to the hotel said our original driver was a "free spirit" and came and went as he pleased. Did I mention that our door keys constantly lost their digital information and locked us out? Made several trips to the front desk to get them reprogrammed. A pain when your room is on the 14th floor! Saving grace for our visit was the very pleasant staff, especially Eddie at the front desk. They are obviously experienced in dealing with unhappy clients and did so very professionally and compassionately. Can not say the same for some of the guests. Some really obnoxious, unfriendly family reunion people. I have never stayed in a hotel that didn't offer at least a light continental breakfast. Given that we were not here for the room and spent all our time at the theme parks, I might stay here again but with much lower expectations than we had for this vacation. Avoid the Tower!

Room Tip: Avoid the Tower.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to write a review on TripAdvisor. It is through such candid feedback that continue to improve upon our product and services. We are most pleased that you generally found the resort and staff met your expectations. Again, thank you for your kind and gracious comments regarding the facilities and the exceptional service and attention you received from Eddie and other associates, they are greatly appreciated.