Starting with the good points. Location is excellent and bed is really comfortable. The bad however outweigh the good. We are here for 3 weeks and currently in our 3rd week on the top floor of the tower. The elevators are painfully slow in all ways and very frustrating when here for 3 weeks. In addition to this the key card is temperamental in allowing you to access the elevator. The rooms are in a bad need of a makeover! The carpet is so worn out I would doubt very much if it has been changed since opening at all. Some floors don't even have carpets at all and I cant understand the delay in getting this, especially during peak season!
On two occasions, including tonight the hot water hasn't worked although there cant be any complaints with the TV. Its a bonus having a decent sized fridge and a microwave as well and the air con which works well, even though loud.
As a business owner its very frustrating to see such great potential in a hotel of this size and location just be run into the ground. All it needs is some attention - new carpet, lick of paint and new curtains and you would have a completely new place altogether. There is a running joke in the elevator between other residents as to the state of the hotel and I know several other couples that have had to complain.
Its not a nice start to a holiday opening the bedroom door of this hotel and while the comfort of the bed, good air con, and working TV have made the room bearable I would urge the hotel to invest a some of the profits into bringing the hotel into the 21st century!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The International Palms Resort & Conference Center has temporarily closed to undergo a complete renovation that will include a branding change, remodeling of the guest rooms, lobby & dining facilities, pool area and 20,000 sq. feet of convention space. Renovations are expected to be complete towards the beginning of 2018. When searching for ideal Orlando Florida hotels or resorts for your Central Florida vacation, meeting or event, make your reservation at the International Palms Resort & Conference Center Orlando on International Drive. Our resort is conveniently located in the heart of International Drive and offers guests easy access to the most popular Orlando attractions and exciting things to do. Discover adventurous thrills at Universal Orlando, marvel at an amazing underwater paradise at Sea World, cool off with an exciting trip to Aquatica or Wet n Wild and enjoy some of the best shopping in the world! With our Attractions Shuttle, Lynx Bus Stop, I-Drive Trolley Stop and Dollar Rental Car office, we have many ways to help you get around. At the resort, take a refreshing dip in our sparkling outdoor pool or whirlpool hot tub. Work out in our fitness center with an array of exercise machines. For tantalizing meals, choose from several delectable locations, like the Front Street Café, and enjoy a drink and pleasant conversations in our casual Coral Key Bar & Grill or Gator Joe's Poolside Bar. Experience event planning Florida-style, with delicious catering menus and 20,000 square feet of event space to meet all your needs. For great Orlando vacation deals, we offer an Orlando value vacation for your family or romantic getaway. We look forward to taking EXCELLENT care of you at the International Palms Resort & Conference Center Orlando! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Hotwire, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, HotelsforEveryone, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com and Evoline ltd so you can book your International Palms Resort & Conference Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- International Palms Hotel Orlando
- International Palms Resort And Conference Center
- Holiday Inn Orlando
- Holiday Inn International Drive Florida
- Holiday Inn International Drive Orlando
- Orlando Holiday Inn