Message from TripAdvisor:
This place is temporarily closed.

“Not bad if you avoid the tower”

International Palms Resort & Conference Center
Ranked #259 of 337 Hotels in Orlando
Galeton, Pennsylvania
“Not bad if you avoid the tower”
Reviewed July 18, 2013

We were booked into the tower at first. It wasn't very clean and was far from the pool. We did get an upgrade to a pool view room which was not bad. The room was cleaner and the pool and hot tub were nice after long days at various parks. The Expedia desk was hit or miss based on who was working as far as service and information goes, but the hotel workers were all kind and helpful. The hotel does have a great location, and if you have a rental car it is easy to get to most attractions. If you use the shuttle you have to sign up 24 hours in advance.

If someone on your trip gets sick DO NOT ask for the hotel doctor. Walgreens drug stores have clinics set up inside and charge $60 for a visit. We were told insurance would pay for the visit, but neglected to tell us they meant would reimburse us and demanded a credit card for the $1200 house call for strep throat.

Room Tip: Do not chose a tower room.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Laurel R
International P... O, Manager at International Palms Resort & Conference Center, responded to this review, August 5, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review on TripAdvisor. It is through such candid feedback that continue to improve upon our product and services. We are most pleased that you generally found the resort and staff met your expectations. Thank you for you comments.

Assistant General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (794)
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
KEY LARGO, FL
Reviewed July 16, 2013

I have stayed at the International Palms Resort in Cocoa Beach several times but had never stayed at this location. Upon arrival Joshua was most efficient and helpful in getting us checked in to a perfect room. After getting to the building we were staying in I realized that I had stayed at this hotel previously but under a different name. International Palms has made many improvements and I would recommend this hotel to everyone who is going to the Universal Studios area.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
3 Thank GATORENT
Thank you for taking the time to write a review on TripAdvisor. It is through such candid feedback that continue to improve upon our product and services. We are most pleased that you generally found the resort and staff met and exceeded your expectations. I have shared your comments with all of our associates at this morning employee rally. Again, thank you for your kind and gracious comments, they are greatly appreciated.
Alexandria, Virginia
Reviewed July 16, 2013

We tried to avoid the Tower, but got stuck up on the 14th floor. Not a big deal except that the elevators didn't work for the entire week we were there. We didn't have hot water for three our of the six days because "a circulating pump failed somewhere". But because it was so hot there, the water was luke warm and bearable. We found a big black bug in our bed but it was not a bedbug. May have gotten her by some other means. Checked carefully and didn't find any others. Hotel just has a feeling of being old. Not necessarily bad, just old. Pool was nice---kids loved it. Don't count on the shuttle drivers to pick you up at the parks when they say they will. Another driver that agreed to take us back to the hotel said our original driver was a "free spirit" and came and went as he pleased. Did I mention that our door keys constantly lost their digital information and locked us out? Made several trips to the front desk to get them reprogrammed. A pain when your room is on the 14th floor! Saving grace for our visit was the very pleasant staff, especially Eddie at the front desk. They are obviously experienced in dealing with unhappy clients and did so very professionally and compassionately. Can not say the same for some of the guests. Some really obnoxious, unfriendly family reunion people. I have never stayed in a hotel that didn't offer at least a light continental breakfast. Given that we were not here for the room and spent all our time at the theme parks, I might stay here again but with much lower expectations than we had for this vacation. Avoid the Tower!

Room Tip: Avoid the Tower.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to write a review on TripAdvisor. It is through such candid feedback that continue to improve upon our product and services. We are most pleased that you generally found the resort and staff met your expectations. Again, thank you for your kind and gracious comments regarding the facilities and the exceptional service and attention you received from Eddie and other associates, they are greatly appreciated.

Reviewed July 15, 2013

I have just returned from the International palms resort from a 2 week holiday. Before going I was dreading it after reading all the bad reviews I'm one of the fussiest people around and I hated it before I had even arrived. We arrived around 5 in the afternoon and we where checked in straight away we where given a room in d block. The room was clean and a good size the only negative was there wasn't enough storage we had a fridge tv and microwave in our room and free ac which was a bonus. There was 2 double beds which were very comfortable we also asked for a roll away bed as with 3 kids sharing a bed it was cramped we got one after 2 days when it became available. The pool area was great never crowded and plenty of sun beds I can't understand how people can complain about this hotel as it has everything you need for your stay great location plenty of places to eat close to it and only 10 mins in a taxi away from universal which cost around $10 in a taxi there is also a free shuttle to disney and the I ride stop is right outside which also takes you to seaworld. Overall we really enjoyed our time here and would defiantly recommend and stay here again when we hopefully return next year.

Room Tip: We stayed in d block which was close to the pool
5 Thank Lyndave123
Thank you for taking the time to write a review on TripAdvisor. It is through such candid feedback that continue to improve upon our product and services. We are most pleased that you generally found the resort and staff met and exceeded your expectations. Again, thank you for your kind and gracious comments regarding the facilities and the exceptional service and attention you received.

Springfield, Virginia
Reviewed July 15, 2013

We booked this hotel (blindly) through Hotwire.com where I indicated that there would be a family of four. Upon arrival, we found the rooms to be extremely small and unkempt. I asked for an upgrade and was given a room in the "tower". These rooms were larger but equally unkempt (filthy carpet, off-color sheets, hair all over the bathroom, and a clogged tub). We decided to make the best of it until we returned from an outing (at 8:30 pm) to an open room. The door was completed ajar -- left open by the maid. After my insistence, they agreed to not return to my room for the duration of my stay and to return my hotel costs; only -- the maid came back again the next day. When I checked out, I informed the desk clerk of the arrangement, who provided a receipt but waited until I left to charge my credit card without permission. Over the span of two weeks, the hotel proceeded to withdraw, re-deposit, withdraw monies from my checking account. I had to change my account number and report the hotel to the Better Business Bureau in order to have my monies returned. NIGHTMARE!

Room Tip: Rooms in the tower are considerably larger than the other rooms.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family

Travelers are raving about these Orlando hotels

Clearwater, Florida
Reviewed July 13, 2013

Pool area was small and crowded. Carpet dirty and stained. Staff some were nice and some rather rude. We bought this on Groupon and paid a very good discounted price for being a holiday week, so I guess we got what we paid for. They never kept us we enough towels or washclothes for our family of only 4. Pet friendly hotel, which was what we wanted. The elevators were very sketchy. Just definitely needs several updates.

Room Tip: Do not recommend staying in the tower. Other rooms may be better.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to write a review on Trip Advisor about your recent stay. It is through such candid feedback that we continue to improve our product and services. We have some major improvements upon taking over the hotel last year and we will continue to enhance the guest experience in the months and years to come. Again, thank you for your comments we look forward to return.

Reviewed July 13, 2013

I arrived after 20 hrs of no sleep.to 2 of the most amazing ladies I have ever had the pleasure of dealing with and I travel frequently for work. .I book a room from expedia.com and the got days mixed up. The ladies Jess and Stef. Quickly directed me contact expedia .they left me on hold for 30 minutes.jess got on the phone and saved the day .while she was trying to make sense.of expedias lack is common sense,steph.anticipated I was tired and had enough and quickly checked me in and had me ready to go as soon as jess go off the phone. If the rest of this hotel is half as go and caring as those two ladies this. Trip to Orlando should be nice.. thanks again ladies

• Stayed July 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review on TripAdvisor. It is through such candid feedback that continue to improve upon our product and services. We are most pleased that you generally found the resort and staff met and exceeded your expectations. Again, thank you for your kind and gracious comments regarding the facilities and the exceptional service and attention you received from Jessica and Stephanie, they are greatly appreciated.