I don't normally write reviews but as so many people have gave it a negative review. Thought I'd share my good review.
Arrived at the hotel on the 23 June after a long flight rom Glasgow, reception told me I had no booking, after a few searches it was spotted that the Travel Agent had used my 1st name as my surname, an they had also not requested adjoining rooms, at reception I was dealing with dwayne, who was very helpful and polite and resolved my issue promptly.
We were given a room in the tower that backed onto the i4, had no problems with noise at night, infact we liked the room because we could sit an watch the fireworks at universal and Disney.
The room was huge, and the maid was in every day, didnt have any cleaning issues,you get a huge fridge, iron and the use of a free safe. THEY ARE IN THE MIDDLE OF REFURBISHING THE HOTEL AND THEY ARE POSTERS TO TELL YOU THIS, IT DOESN'T MEAN THE HOTEL IS A MESS. You don't spend much time in the hotel.
The alligators that stay in the hotel are very interesting, the kids love it an they get a chance to hold them. We never ate at the hotel so can't comment on the food, used the poolside bar an the barstaff are friendly.
The free shuttles they run to universal an Disney are very good and offer loads of times for drop off an pick up. Wet an wild is across the road.
We found the location of this hotel very good an if we return to Florida I would book this hotel again. Would recommend this hotel to family an friends.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The International Palms Resort & Conference Center has temporarily closed to undergo a complete renovation that will include a branding change, remodeling of the guest rooms, lobby & dining facilities, pool area and 20,000 sq. feet of convention space. Renovations are expected to be complete towards the beginning of 2018. When searching for ideal Orlando Florida hotels or resorts for your Central Florida vacation, meeting or event, make your reservation at the International Palms Resort & Conference Center Orlando on International Drive. Our resort is conveniently located in the heart of International Drive and offers guests easy access to the most popular Orlando attractions and exciting things to do. Discover adventurous thrills at Universal Orlando, marvel at an amazing underwater paradise at Sea World, cool off with an exciting trip to Aquatica or Wet n Wild and enjoy some of the best shopping in the world! With our Attractions Shuttle, Lynx Bus Stop, I-Drive Trolley Stop and Dollar Rental Car office, we have many ways to help you get around. At the resort, take a refreshing dip in our sparkling outdoor pool or whirlpool hot tub. Work out in our fitness center with an array of exercise machines. For tantalizing meals, choose from several delectable locations, like the Front Street Café, and enjoy a drink and pleasant conversations in our casual Coral Key Bar & Grill or Gator Joe's Poolside Bar. Experience event planning Florida-style, with delicious catering menus and 20,000 square feet of event space to meet all your needs. For great Orlando vacation deals, we offer an Orlando value vacation for your family or romantic getaway. We look forward to taking EXCELLENT care of you at the International Palms Resort & Conference Center Orlando! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Hotwire, Cancelon, HotelsforEveryone, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com and Evoline ltd so you can book your International Palms Resort & Conference Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- International Palms Hotel Orlando
- International Palms Resort And Conference Center
- Holiday Inn Orlando
- Holiday Inn International Drive Florida
- Holiday Inn International Drive Orlando
- Orlando Holiday Inn