Message from TripAdvisor:
This place is temporarily closed.
International Palms Resort & Conference Center
Ranked #258 of 340 Hotels in Orlando
Reviewed July 13, 2013

I don't normally write reviews but as so many people have gave it a negative review. Thought I'd share my good review.

Arrived at the hotel on the 23 June after a long flight rom Glasgow, reception told me I had no booking, after a few searches it was spotted that the Travel Agent had used my 1st name as my surname, an they had also not requested adjoining rooms, at reception I was dealing with dwayne, who was very helpful and polite and resolved my issue promptly.

We were given a room in the tower that backed onto the i4, had no problems with noise at night, infact we liked the room because we could sit an watch the fireworks at universal and Disney.
The room was huge, and the maid was in every day, didnt have any cleaning issues,you get a huge fridge, iron and the use of a free safe. THEY ARE IN THE MIDDLE OF REFURBISHING THE HOTEL AND THEY ARE POSTERS TO TELL YOU THIS, IT DOESN'T MEAN THE HOTEL IS A MESS. You don't spend much time in the hotel.
The alligators that stay in the hotel are very interesting, the kids love it an they get a chance to hold them. We never ate at the hotel so can't comment on the food, used the poolside bar an the barstaff are friendly.

The free shuttles they run to universal an Disney are very good and offer loads of times for drop off an pick up. Wet an wild is across the road.

We found the location of this hotel very good an if we return to Florida I would book this hotel again. Would recommend this hotel to family an friends.

4  Thank C M
International P... O, Manager at International Palms Resort & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded August 5, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on TripAdvisor. It is through such candid feedback that continue to improve upon our product and services. We are most pleased that you generally found the resort and staff met and exceeded your expectations. Again, thank you for your kind and gracious comments regarding the facilities and the exceptional service and attention you received.

There are newer reviews for International Palms Resort & Conference Center

Reviewed July 12, 2013

Having stayed at thtis property in the past I knew that it was a budget motel but I was shocked at the deterioration. On check in we were given a room in D block. On entering d block I was shocked at the carpets which were threadbare and filthy. Each door had signs and pictures on them and this was when I realised that a youth party were staying here! We entered the room and what we thought was a cupboard was in fact a connecting door which was lying open and a man lying on the bed!!. Straight to reception and a lovely lady took us to see some other rooms. We choose a room which seemed to be the best of a bad lot. The third day the room was flooded on return and our suitcases were soaked, the air conditioning had blocked and flooded the carpet. Maintenance were very helpful and did there best to clean up the room, this was when I noticed that the carpets were filthy and stained. On our 7th day at the Hotel I had to ask for the beddng to be changed. The bathroom was ancient and the fixtures and fittings leaking and broken.I feel that a lot of money has been spent on Pool area, gardens etc. when it would have been better spent on renovation of the rooms. Alligators at the poolside Oh why!!.

I feel that if I return to Orlando I would go to the other end of International Drive, at Pointe Orlando. Which did not feel so seedy.

I

Room Tip: Be careful when they allocate you a room , don't just take what is offered there are usually bet...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on TripAdvisor. It is through such candid feedback that continue to improve upon our product and services. We regret that resort did not generally meet your expectations. Certainly, this is not the type of guest experience we are trying to provide. I am particularly sorry that you did not bring your concerns to my attention during your stay so that I could meet your requests immediately. We have 652 rooms and it would have been my pleasure to find another room for you during your stay, we do not expect our guests to accept and stay in a room that is anything other than a clean and comfortable. Again, thank you for your comments.

Reviewed July 11, 2013

This is a low-end motel, even though they call it a "resort" it is far from the truth. I booked the rooms based on the impression that the hotel was of high quality based on the photos and comments online, but that was not the case. The beds had bed bugs. The floors were stained and the walls were literally crumbling apart.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Ryan G
Reviewed July 11, 2013

This hotel without a doubt, was one of the worst experiences I have had in a very long time and in all of my years traveling! Regretfully but thankfully, I was only booked there by a third party for 1 nights stay and I checked out 10 hours after arriving! I suspected cleanliness was going to be an issue from the lobby at check in, as the thick layer of dust that was clearly visible on the walls behind the check-in desk was a clear indication that not even in the welcoming lobby, where first impressions set the tone of your stay, is important enough to clean!

It is a fairly large property and upon arriving at the ‘tower’ section, I could tell by the disruptive noise levels, that there was limited security and/or order at this place.
The elevators and hallways are in very shabby shape…just because a property is older doesn’t mean it can’t be maintained. This place has not been kept up very well at all! The room was simply dreadful and the heavy smell of stale smoke clung in the air. I had requested a non-smoking room. So I called the front desk (on what was a very dirty/grimy handset phone in the room), and upon stating that the room reeked of stale smoke, I was advised by the front desk night attendant that there’s nothing that can be done about it and that the room I had been assigned to was one of their “non-smoking ones”. Clearly either the previous guest didn’t care and/or the vent system is so poor in this run-down property that smoke simply lingers from one area to the next. They offered no intervention at all, and so with zero customer service from the staff, I just intervened on my own behalf by keeping the A/C on high all night long to keep the smell at bay!
The room furnishings are sparse, archaic, and have seen better days! The carpet and dingy sofa had spots & stains from who knows what and had clearly been there for quite some time. The bathroom was not much better and upon inspection I found body hairs from previous inhabitants in the bathtub; clearly stellar house-keeping and cleanliness is NOT a priority! In truth, had it not been for the fact that it was after midnight and I had just been flying and driving in my long day of travel, I would have checked out and searched for accommodations more suitable. So I simply slept in my clothes because I did not trust the cleanliness of the bedding, and I made sure when I showered that I put down a towel on the floor of the tub because I truly did not trust the sanitation.

I can’t speak to their breakfast offerings because by 10am it was all packed up on a cart and all I saw was sugary cereals and dried up raisins on the floor, offered in the common area of the hotel that, once again, did not appear to be very well sanitized. I made a hasty retreat to the front desk for a quick check-out.
Bottom line, their use of the term ‘resort’ is a far, far stretch! These accommodations are bare-bones basic at best. The walls are thin so noise is a factor to contend with and the cleanliness of the place, which is high on my list of must-haves, is greatly lacking. The only positive to this spot is that it is directly on International Drive & you can walk to everything and anything you’ll need in the area and the freeways are easy to access. Other than that, travelers beware!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on TripAdvisor. It is through such candid feedback that continue to improve upon our product and services. We regret that resort did not generally meet your expectations. Certainly, this is not the type of guest experience we are trying to provide. I am particularly sorry that you did not bring your concerns to our attention during your stay so that we could meet your requests immediately. Regarding Breakfast offering I'm not sure why you didn't visit our Full service restaurant for breakfast, it is open until 11 a.m. The cart you are referring to is a coffee kiosk that is open from 6 a.m. to 10 a.m. to provide coffee and pastry to those guests that in a hurry to leave for the amusement parks and will not be visiting our restaurant.Again, thank you for your comments.

Reviewed July 9, 2013

This was the first time to Orlando. Having been told I had incurable cancer I wanted a last dream holiday with my family. The reception staff were incompetent, unhelpful and rude they didn't have a clue on customer service. I had asked for a room on a lower floor when I booked the holiday with Thomas Cook. We ended up in the tower block on the 10th floor with 3 children under the age of 10 years. When I booked in staff booked me in for 7 nights instead of 14 nights that I had booked and paid for. I had my paperwork with me as proof as they were arguing that I wasn't there for 14 nights. On the seventh night we returned to our hotel room at 21.45 hours to find the key card wouldn't work ( I was feeling unwell). I sat outside the room with my children well my husband went to the reception desk to find out what was happening. Apparently the staff laughed and said they had made a mistake and cancelled the wrong booking. We certainly didn't find it funny. The air conditioning in the room was making a loud noise and we were all sick for four days of the holiday. When my husband turned the air conditioning off and then turned it on again it was a lot quieter and the room smelt better. which I am convinced it was the air conditioning system making us ill. The safe stopped working half way through the holiday but they did come to repair it and hour after we reported it. the standards of hygiene from the cleaners was shocking. Carpets were dirty and the bathroom grubby, - in need of updating. Communal hallways had no carpet and were left with trays from room service. We had ordered a roll away bed for one of the children and the bed arrived without bedding and towels for him. Another phone call to house keeping and the bedding and towels arrived 50 minutes later. We had to set the bed up and make it. The hotel room door would stick continuously and you had to push it hard to open it. The rest rooms in the lobby were dirty and never had toilet roll. On booking out I went to pay for the roll away bed, the receptionist thought I had only stayed in the hotel 3 nights - I corrected him. He didn't know how to work out a bill and when they told me the cost of the hire of the roll away bed it had risen by $25 to the price I had been told when I booked in. Talking to another family there- their holiday booking had been lost so they waited two hours for a room. The pool was nice and the waiter and bar staff were friendly. There was a laundry room and the washing machine and dryers were quick and great. Have emailed the hotel since our return and they haven't bothered to reply. I have stayed in a lot of hotels some only rated 2 stars in the UK but they were a much nicer experience than this hotel - would never recommend it.

Room Tip: Our room overlooked the pool so was quieter than those over the freeway.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Gill S
Reviewed July 9, 2013

We are from Ireland & arrived 28th May 2013 after travelling for almost 24 hours and stayed for 16 nights. The room although sparsely decorated was large & well equipped with a good size fridge, TV & tea/coffee maker on hand. Bathroom with shower was very good as are usually the case in USA. It was a good idea to have a separate area outside the bathroom for the wash basin & large mirror because with four people that helped. The staff were outstanding, from the front desk to the bar, both poolside and in the hotel. Say hello to Beth who kept me informed of the tennis results during the french open and thank her again. Any Request we had regarding maintenance was answered immediately, namely faulty light switch and replacement TV remote, so much so that the maintenance guy said if he was bothering us he would come back later. The Tower alone must take a lot of maintenance so it is understandable that there might be some areas requiring attention as the carpets on our outside landings were being replaced or cleaned during our stay.We used the restaurant for breakfast and it was very good with more than enough food. Overall a very good experience and would not hesitate to stay in the hotel again. Forgot to mention the pool, lovely also with the hot tub poolside. One thing I would mention, lose the tipping or the service charge. I appreciate that many of the waiters/waitresses depend on tips but it makes meals very expensive when you have a service charge of 15% and you are expected to give a tip also of 15-20%. We only ate once at night time in the restaurant and although the kids ate free at breakfast time it was still more expensive than in any of the other places like "Ponderosa" etc on the drive even after including tips.

Room Tip: Our room was fine would have preferred a bigger window but no complaints and we were only on the sec...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed July 9, 2013

On our arrival after a full days travelling and a 9 hour flight, we were put in 'The Tower'. It was absolutely disgusting, and the surly staff didn't help either. We asked to move and were put in D block. Slight improvement but we moved out the following day to another hotel on I-Drive.

Room Tip: Choose a different Hotel! If you have to stay here, avoid the tower at all costs.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on TripAdvisor. It is through such candid feedback that continue to improve upon our product and services. We regret that resort did not generally meet your expectations. Certainly, this is not the type of guest experience we are trying to provide. I am particularly sorry that you did not bring your concerns to our attention during your stay so that we could meet your requests immediately.Again, thank you for your comments.