Message from TripAdvisor:
This place is temporarily closed.

“This is Psicose Hotel”

International Palms Resort & Conference Center
Ranked #258 of 340 Hotels in Orlando
Reviewed June 24, 2013

We spent 6 days and we wont come back never more.it s the worst Hotel that we've stayed.it smell awful, the room is dark and also smell a cleaner Products. The corredor Looks like a prison and the carpet is a " garbage". But the best of the best was today when my wife and I went to the pool in the afternoon. Ssomebody did a poo on the edge of the Pool ( i made Even a Photo to proove it.).
In the SPA there was a Slip and we can Even Imagine why it was there. The beakfast it was near US 15,- I can say that was the coffee and croissant more expensive. there was nothing.
Beware of Thais Hotel if you are sensible. It was my First and Last time in this hotel.

1  Thank thomasSchn
There are newer reviews for International Palms Resort & Conference Center

Reviewed June 24, 2013

Stayed there over Memorial Day weekend. It was my second stay. First stay (Very short, just one short night) was fairly enjoyable. This time i had more time to explore the hotel and use the amenities. I tried to check in around 2:30 p.m. but I was told to come back after 4 p.m. The clerk did not even confirm my reservation. He seemed like he did not want to be bothered. I walked around the hotel and went to the pool area. Overall, it was filthy and neglected. A lot of trash in parking lot. I came back to the desk around 3:45 p.m. where I stood in line for a long time. I was checked in by an unfriendly and unhelpful clerk. I was given a room in the main tower. Only one elevator was working and needed some serious maintenance. The outside hallway was filthy and full of stains. The room smelled like tobacco, so I called the desk for assistance. I called many times but I could not reach anybody. I had to walk back to the desk and wait in line again. I explained the problem to the clerk and requested another room. She did not even apologize and gave me a room in building D. The building was old and musty with a dirty carpet in the hallway. The room had a strong musty and foul smell. The air conditioning unit was rusty, filthy and very loud. The walls had discolored streaks in some places as if someone sprayed bleach on them. The beds were damp and dusty. The bathroom floor was filthy and the shower head broken. The wifi did not work. There were ants around the micowave area and roaches by the air conditioner. I called the desk and requested to speak with a manager. The operator told me that no one was available. I left my contact information and asked her to have the hotel manager call me. No one ever tried to call me. The room was so disgusting that I slept on top of the bed cover. There were suspicious people roaming around the building. No security personnel was available when I called the desk. I had a second reservation for one additional night, but I contacted the booking agent to cancel it. When I checked out, I asked again to speak with a manager. No one was available. I tried to share my concerns with the clerk, but he was obviously not interested. His careless attitude showed that he had already heard this type of story over and over again. I left the hotel very disappointed and went to another place. This place may seem like a good value but it is definitely not worth it. Save your time and money - and your vacation - and go somewhere else!

Room Tip: Stay at a reputable hotel brand where hospitality means something.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank killian m
International P... O, Manager at International Palms Resort & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded July 1, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on TripAdvisor. It is through such candid feedback that continue to improve upon our product and services. We regret that you resort did not generally meet your expectations. Certainly, this is not the type of guest experience we are trying to provide. I have shared your comments with the Front Office Manager, Executive Housekeeper and Chief Engineer for immediate action. Again, thank you for your comments.

just got home from a 14 day trip to here
had a few hiccups like carpets wet n smelly and some being taken up but we understood that they had just had violent storms and so the carpets were vulnerable in the open corridors
anyway!!
gotto our room and was placed on the 14th floor, went in the room, omg view of universal studios area, wet n wild, fun spot and I drive, in the distance orlando skyline
brilliant
room was comfortable and clean. had a few problems with plumbing but just couldn't really complain, had a nice indoor and outdoor bar, great little restauraunt, friendly staff, beautiful pool area, dj and bbq by the pool sat afternoon and a brand new alligator alley right by the pool
would deffo stay there again

2  Thank lesleycrowe

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on TripAdvisor. It is through such candid feedback that continue to improve upon our product and services. We are most pleased that you generally found the resort and staff met your expectations. We are currently changing the carpet in the tower and this project should be completed in July. Thank you for you comments.

Reviewed June 23, 2013

Had stayed in this hotel many years ago and liked it due to its location. When we arrived check in was done quickly. The guy gave us a map and sent us on our way. The directions he gave us sent us the wrong way. Once we found building B we had to carry our suitcases up to the second floor. It would have been nice if we would have been give the option of someone carrying our bags to our room. Once inside room 2019 I started to notice that all was not well. There should have been a safety bolt on the door but one part had been removed. The door did not close tightly but it did lock and seemed secure. The air conditioning unit was filthy and covered in rust at the bottom. Under the sink there was a panel that kept falling off the wall. Inside the bathroom the toilet roll holder was coming away from the wall and the bath tap leaked water when you had the shower on. In the two weeks I was there nothing in the room was dusted and the floors were never hovered. There were two of us sharing a room but we had three drawers and two coat hangers. I did request coat hangers but I never got any. On the pus side the hotel provided free transportation to the parks. Town and Country provided a reliable service with friendly drivers. If I was to return to Orlando I would go to another hotel as I feel this one needs major refurbishment.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on TripAdvisor. It is through such candid feedback that continue to improve upon our product and services. We regret that you resort did not generally meet your expectations. Certainly, this is not the type of guest experience we are trying to provide. I am particularly sorry that you did not bring your concerns to our attention during your stay so that we could meet your requests immediately. Again, thank you for your comments.

Reviewed June 22, 2013

We (husband, daughter and I) booked flight, car and hotel through Allegiant. We were first placed in the tower on the 10th floor. Only one elevator working plus walking to the room was somewhat intimidating with only a rail separating you from the ground below. Didn't see any beauty whatsoever with the tower area. My daughter referred to it as the ghetto. When we went into the room, the adjoining doors both had broken handles. There were crumbs in the microwave so you could tell the room hadn't been cleaned very well. We decided to try to make the best of it and went down to the pool. This was a totally different environment. Loved the bartender, Imad. My husband and I decided to see if we could get a room by the pool or at least in another area. The hotel clerk (can't remember her name) was very helpful and put us in D block. We were on the 5th floor but was so much better than the tower. Visited the gift shop many times for snacks, etc. The lady was always very friendly. The staff we interacted with were all very helpful and friendly. Pool area and bar were the best part of the hotel. There was some odd convention for anmie (?) and a lot of unique characters walking around.

Room Tip: Stay by the pool or one of the other areas. Avoid the tower at all costs!
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Angela D

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on TripAdvisor. It is through such candid feedback that continue to improve upon our product and services. We are most pleased that you generally found the resort and staff met your expectations. Your kind and gracious comments regarding the exceptional service and attention you received from the staff are greatly appreciated.

Reviewed June 22, 2013

We just got back from 2 week stay family of 5. After going to our room in the tower and deciding we didn't like it we were moved to a pool room. Although the tower rooms were big they were unfriendly and the lifts were a joke. We were moved to a lovely pool room with beach volleyball just under our window and a great view of the pool so we could see our older kids in the pool. Our room wasn't small it was like a standard American hotel room with a rollaway bed. Infact about the same as when we stayed in disneys all star resort. The bathroom needed updating but it did us for 2 weeks, shower was powerful and always hot water for 5 of us. The staff were very friendly, reception had no probs with us moving room. The bar staff were nice, Imad and Jordan especially. the pool bar was lovely, the whole pool area had a resort feeling. We didn't eat at hotel as plenty places nearby, we did have a nice BBQ by the pool one day. This hotel is ideal for universal, we only used shuttle once as a cab was only 6 or 7 dollars. We walked to wet and wild and had an I trolley pass which was only 18 dollars for 2 weeks and kids free. Plenty of places to eat and drink on I drive and city walk. Would deffo come back to this hotel and our kids loved it (14,11& 6) my 6 year old got to hold an alligator by the pool which he thought was a awesome! Will be returning!

Room Tip: Ask for a pool room
3  Thank tinkermum

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on TripAdvisor. It is through such candid feedback that continue to improve upon our product and services. Your kind and gracious comments regarding the facilities and the exceptional service and attention you received from our associates are greatly appreciated. Thank you again!

Reviewed June 21, 2013

We were moved here from Extended stay america on westwood blvd, by seaworld, and the location is 100 times better, within 10 minutes walking you have wetnwild, walgreens super market and $7 in cab to universal. I wouldnt buy anything in the shop in the hotel as the prices are ridiculous and i think alot of the time the prices are made up as they go along... one day my husband was charged $4.99 for milk then the following day i was charged $5.99.. very clean and smells lovely, pool area fantastic and clean. Breakfast was lovely too, although make sure u leave a tip! Rooms are tired and dated but clean and beds comfy

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
International P... O, Manager at International Palms Resort & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded July 4, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on TripAdvisor. It is through such candid feedback that we continue to improve upon our product and services. We are most pleased that you generally found the resort and staff met your expectations. I have shared your comments with the owner of the gift shop for immediate action. Thank you for you comments.