Me and my partner spent just over two weeks here in March. When we checked in we had to pay a 100 dollar cash deposit for what reason I don't know? Although it was returned to us on check out. We weren't shown to our room just literally the check in person showed us a map and where our room was. When we got to the room, it was not clean. There was rubbish in the bins and the sink was not clean. The bed was all crumpled as if it had been slept in and not changed, when we actually got into the bed it had a bad smell of urine. We both literally slept on either edge of the bed as we so tired from the flight. We complained at reception the next morning and the room was cleaned but the bed still smelt! We soon discovered that it was actually the mattress topper that smelt! Once this was changed it was fine! On the whole the room was fine for just sleeping and washing in.
The hotel restaurants do nice food, the breakfast buffet was nice as was the food in the other restaurant, I recommend the chicken Caesar salad!
The pool area was nice and there is a jacuzzi so when you been walking round the parks all day, this is the place to go to!
The hotel is within walking distance to Universal (we could see this from our room and the fireworks they did fireworks at night!!) and Wet n Wild. The I Ride stop is also right outside the hotel. This takes you to the outlets, Seaworld, Aquatica and Discovery Cove. You can take the I Ride so far and change to a Lynx number 50 to get to Disney although I will tell you it does take a while!!
For people on a budget and really just want somewhere to sleep and wash then the hotel is great.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The International Palms Resort & Conference Center has temporarily closed to undergo a complete renovation that will include a branding change, remodeling of the guest rooms, lobby & dining facilities, pool area and 20,000 sq. feet of convention space. Renovations are expected to be complete towards the beginning of 2018. When searching for ideal Orlando Florida hotels or resorts for your Central Florida vacation, meeting or event, make your reservation at the International Palms Resort & Conference Center Orlando on International Drive. Our resort is conveniently located in the heart of International Drive and offers guests easy access to the most popular Orlando attractions and exciting things to do. Discover adventurous thrills at Universal Orlando, marvel at an amazing underwater paradise at Sea World, cool off with an exciting trip to Aquatica or Wet n Wild and enjoy some of the best shopping in the world! With our Attractions Shuttle, Lynx Bus Stop, I-Drive Trolley Stop and Dollar Rental Car office, we have many ways to help you get around. At the resort, take a refreshing dip in our sparkling outdoor pool or whirlpool hot tub. Work out in our fitness center with an array of exercise machines. For tantalizing meals, choose from several delectable locations, like the Front Street Café, and enjoy a drink and pleasant conversations in our casual Coral Key Bar & Grill or Gator Joe's Poolside Bar. Experience event planning Florida-style, with delicious catering menus and 20,000 square feet of event space to meet all your needs. For great Orlando vacation deals, we offer an Orlando value vacation for your family or romantic getaway. We look forward to taking EXCELLENT care of you at the International Palms Resort & Conference Center Orlando! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, HotelsforEveryone, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and Evoline ltd so you can book your International Palms Resort & Conference Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- International Palms Hotel Orlando
- International Palms Resort And Conference Center
- Holiday Inn Orlando
- Holiday Inn International Drive Florida
- Holiday Inn International Drive Orlando
- Orlando Holiday Inn