Message from TripAdvisor:
This place is temporarily closed.

“Good value hotel with large, clean rooms!”

International Palms Resort & Conference Center
Ranked #257 of 337 Hotels in Orlando
Kingston-upon-Hull, United Kingdom
“Good value hotel with large, clean rooms!”
Reviewed February 27, 2013

Stayed at International Palms for 14 nights in Feb '13 and found the room to be very very spacious and clean! We were put on 14th floor of tower- excellent view over international drive but balcony walkway to rooms would make this awful if you don't have a head for heights!!

The hotel didn't charge us any 'resort fee' unlike so many in this area- also we used the free shuttle bus service to Disney / Universal and found it very good! We took the I-Ride to Sea World as the stop is right outside the hotel, this also goes to a designer outlet mall if you fancy doing some shopping. Wifi was free and had no problem with signal. Maid cleaned each day and gave us 4 new bath towels and 4 hand towels and 4 face cloths each day! This was good as the bath towels were a little small!

Didn't eat in restaurant so not able to comment but there must be 50+ restaurants almost on doorstep so you will never be short of somewhere to eat!!

If you are going to Orlando just to do Disney then the location isn't ideal but if you are having a mixed trip with Universal and Sea World then the location is brilliant!

Avoid the people selling cheap Disney tickets immediately inside the lobby entrance- they work for Westgate - a pushy company who will coerce you in to attending a complimentary breakfast to try and sell you a time share - definitely not worth the hassle! Instead visit the Expedia Local Expert desk situated towards the back of the lobby- they are much more helpful with no hidden agenda!

3 Thank myashara

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (794)
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Miami, Florida
Reviewed February 25, 2013

What the hell.....????? Every day going out or coming in the elevators never work!! Then why the heck was I placed on the 11th floor knowing you had constant shutdowns??? Then when 13 other guests (along with myself) make calls to the front desk about it.....nothing is done. We tried to use our room key cards to access the elevators.......none of the elevators responded. So we tried to use the stairs and again......no access!! From the looks of things......it just seems that there elevators maybe long over due for service.....or by guessing the age of them......they might just need to install new ones.
On to the next issue, the a/c units work when they feel like or not at all.
This just proves that just because it has the name resort ......means nothing at all. Motel 8 looks and sounds pretty good right about now.
P.S. It just doesn't make any darn sense.

Room Tip: None of theses!!
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
4 Thank dcm1127
International P... O, Manager at International Palms Resort & Conference Center, responded to this review, February 27, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review on Tripadvisor. It is through such candid feedback that we continue to improve upon our product and services. We regret that the issue you had wiith the elevator service casted a shadow on your visit to our property. Certainly, this is not the type of guest experience we are trying to provide. I am particularly sorry you did not bring your concerns to my attention during your stay. We have met with our nationally bonded elevator company for immediate follow up. I want to assure you that our elevators are inspected by the state of Florida and have passed all inspection, because if this was not case, we would not be able to operate the elevators. Again, Thank you for your feedback. I hope we will be able to retain your valued patronage and regain your confidence when your travel plans again bring you to the Orlando area.

Assistant General Manager

Travelers are raving about these Orlando hotels

North Miami Beach, Florida
Reviewed February 25, 2013

In all my years of traveling and also working in the hospitality industry, this is the first time I feel the need to write a review. The signage was poor so it took a while to even find the lobby. The room was musty and dated. The bar soap was almost a thin as a sheet of paper and there was no lotion...maybe I'm too picky but some things should be standard.

One of the worst parts of the trip had to do with elevators that occasionally worked. I was impressed that you couldn't gain access to the elevators without using your hotel key card but what's the point if they don't work!?

One of the main reasons for choosing this property was because of its location and shuttle service to the them parks but I would've preferred staying somewhere further and driving myself to the parks than to tolerate the foolishness.

The bottom line is this...save your money or spend it elsewhere!!!

Room Tip: Tip for a good room...stay in another hotel!!!
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank M A
Gainesville, Florida
Reviewed February 25, 2013

The hotel has an attractive and affordable prices hotel rooms. The towers are less noisy and has a beautiful waterfall and Koi pond. The rooms have a refrigerator and microwave. There are some room views that overlook Universal Studios rollar coasters. The breakfast is not free. However, the price you pay oversets the food. The food is really yummy. Enjoy your stay.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
Fort William, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 25, 2013 via mobile

We booked this hotel as a package deal through Travelbag. As we checked in the service wasn't great and we were directed towards the 'tower'. Wasn't what I was expecting but once you were in the room it could have been any of the hotels there. Huge room, 2 queen size beds, tv, table, chairs, fridge- even iron and ironing board. The hotel is right beside and IRide stop and across the road (5 mins) from Wet'n'Wild. The hotel offered free shuttle services from the hotel to Universal Studios and Sea World. They also arranged a free shuttle to Busch Gardens but you had to get it from another hotel, not far away though. Really great service. You are also able to get a shuttle to the airport for $18 per person which was much cheaper than what we paid for the taxi on arrival.
The rooms in the hotel are great, very clean, and for the type of holiday you have in Orlando they're very comfy to crash in at the end of a long day!! Overall I'd recommend this hotel, and I'd go again myself!

1 Thank Karen P
Reviewed February 24, 2013

Very mixed feelings about the hotel, the staff where very friendly, MARC the concierge was fANTASTIC, very friendly, helpful, great with the kids in fact in my opinion deserves a promotion!!!!
The rooms had a lot to be desired, we stayed in the tower, we are a family of four, had to request another bed, (it was pre ordered in the uk!) Was told I had to pay an extra $15 a night for it, after conversations they didn't charge!! not enough closet space for a two week stay so clothes stayed mainly in the suit case, I could write my name in the dust on the unit tops, stains on the walls ceilings and carpets. The bathroom was compact to say the least toilet cistern was broken, toilet loose so every time you sat it moved, towels that you could barely dry yourself with they where that small!! The tower needs closing and some money spent on it! Just a bit of TLC would completely change my opinion!
The food in the hotel was good and again the restaurant staff very friendly and attentive.
Would I stay again?? If the spent some money freshening the place up then yes
Pool area was nice, kids loved it and again the staff that ran the bar area where lovely and friendly.

• Stayed February 2013
International P... O, Manager at International Palms Resort & Conference Center, responded to this review, March 3, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write about your stay on Tripadvisor, it is through such candid feedback that we continue to improve upon our product and services. Your kind and gracious comments regarding the exceptional service and attention you received from Marc and our restuarant team members are greatly appreciated. I have taken the liberty of sharing your comments with Marc and his supervisor. I also shared your comments with the Chef and restuarant team. I regret that you did not enjoy your accomodations, I am particularly sorry that you did not bring your concerns to management attention. We have 652 rooms and many different types of rooms, it would have been our pleasure to find another room for you. I have shared your comments with our Executive Housekeeper and Chief Engineer for immediate action. Again, Thank you for your comments. I hope we will be able to retain your valued patronage and regain your confidence when your travel plans again bring you to the Orlando area. If I may be of any future service, please do not hesitate to contact me directly.

Asssitant General Manager
Liverpool, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 22, 2013

Reading some of these reviews on this site I felt I needed to write a review! I have stayed at this hotel on 6 occasions, 4 times when it was the Holday Inn and twice as the International Palms, I have ALWAYS found the staff to be friendly (some worked whilst it was holiday inn) and helpful, the rooms are clean (something that I am fussy about) and when I have eaten here have found the food to be good. The hotel is in an excellent location, with the trolley bus taking you to fabulous shops both ends of international drive and Seaworld, a Lynx bus takes you to the Florida Mall, both buses stop right outside the hotel. The drivers of the buses taking you to the theme parks are pleasant and helpful. You are in walking distance to wet n wild and numerous restaurants. I am visiting Orlando in October 2013 this will be my 14th visit and I will be staying at this hotel again and I know I will have a wonderful time.
So please give the International Palms a try and hopefully you will be as happy as I am with your stay xx

Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
4 Thank Susan S
Thank you for taking the time to write about recent stay on Tripadvisor. Your kind and gracious comments about the hotel and staff are greatly appreciated. We were honored to you have as a guest and we value your patronage. Again, Thank you for your comments and thank you for choosing the International Palms Resort for all your lodging needs while vacationing here in Orlando. We look forward to your next visit!

All the Best!