Stayed at International Palms for 14 nights in Feb '13 and found the room to be very very spacious and clean! We were put on 14th floor of tower- excellent view over international drive but balcony walkway to rooms would make this awful if you don't have a head for heights!!
The hotel didn't charge us any 'resort fee' unlike so many in this area- also we used the free shuttle bus service to Disney / Universal and found it very good! We took the I-Ride to Sea World as the stop is right outside the hotel, this also goes to a designer outlet mall if you fancy doing some shopping. Wifi was free and had no problem with signal. Maid cleaned each day and gave us 4 new bath towels and 4 hand towels and 4 face cloths each day! This was good as the bath towels were a little small!
Didn't eat in restaurant so not able to comment but there must be 50+ restaurants almost on doorstep so you will never be short of somewhere to eat!!
If you are going to Orlando just to do Disney then the location isn't ideal but if you are having a mixed trip with Universal and Sea World then the location is brilliant!
Avoid the people selling cheap Disney tickets immediately inside the lobby entrance- they work for Westgate - a pushy company who will coerce you in to attending a complimentary breakfast to try and sell you a time share - definitely not worth the hassle! Instead visit the Expedia Local Expert desk situated towards the back of the lobby- they are much more helpful with no hidden agenda!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The International Palms Resort & Conference Center has temporarily closed to undergo a complete renovation that will include a branding change, remodeling of the guest rooms, lobby & dining facilities, pool area and 20,000 sq. feet of convention space. Renovations are expected to be complete towards the beginning of 2018. When searching for ideal Orlando Florida hotels or resorts for your Central Florida vacation, meeting or event, make your reservation at the International Palms Resort & Conference Center Orlando on International Drive. Our resort is conveniently located in the heart of International Drive and offers guests easy access to the most popular Orlando attractions and exciting things to do. Discover adventurous thrills at Universal Orlando, marvel at an amazing underwater paradise at Sea World, cool off with an exciting trip to Aquatica or Wet n Wild and enjoy some of the best shopping in the world! With our Attractions Shuttle, Lynx Bus Stop, I-Drive Trolley Stop and Dollar Rental Car office, we have many ways to help you get around. At the resort, take a refreshing dip in our sparkling outdoor pool or whirlpool hot tub. Work out in our fitness center with an array of exercise machines. For tantalizing meals, choose from several delectable locations, like the Front Street Café, and enjoy a drink and pleasant conversations in our casual Coral Key Bar & Grill or Gator Joe's Poolside Bar. Experience event planning Florida-style, with delicious catering menus and 20,000 square feet of event space to meet all your needs. For great Orlando vacation deals, we offer an Orlando value vacation for your family or romantic getaway. We look forward to taking EXCELLENT care of you at the International Palms Resort & Conference Center Orlando! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotwire, Orbitz, Travelocity, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, TripOnline SA, HotelsforEveryone, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your International Palms Resort & Conference Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- International Palms Hotel Orlando
- International Palms Resort And Conference Center
- Holiday Inn Orlando
- Holiday Inn International Drive Florida
- Holiday Inn International Drive Orlando
- Orlando Holiday Inn