Message from TripAdvisor:
This place is temporarily closed.

“My only choice to stay in orlando peggy from boston”

International Palms Resort & Conference Center
Ranked #257 of 340 Hotels in Orlando
Reviewed January 25, 2013

I have stayed here twice its the only hotel and would never stay any where else its great for families and its right on international drive theres a bus stop and iride bus right in front of the hotel which can get you to all the malls restaurants and any where you need to take without paying for a taxi the hotel also has a shuttle to the parks they also have a beautiful pool and you will love the bartender Imad he makes you feel right at home and I cannot say enough about the hotel staff kenny pritclett is awesome he has always made sure I have a wonderful hotel stay the front desk staff are all very friendly and always helpful on anything you need the rooms are very clean I find no fault with this hotel and also I have met some really nice people at the pool that I hope to have long frienships with I would recommend this hotel for value, location , hotel staff

Room Tip: I have stayed in the towers very nice big windows to look at international drive at night
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
International P... O, Manager at International Palms Resort & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded January 28, 2013

Hi Peggy,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on Tripadvisor! We value your patronage and It's always an honor to have you as our guest. Your kind and gracious comments regarding the Resort facilities and the exceptional service and attention you received from Kenny, Imad and the rest of team are greatly appreciated.I have taken the liberty of sharing your comments with Kenny, Imad and their supervisors. The team work endlessly to create a great experience for our guests. Again, Thank you for your comments, we look forward to your next visit, if I may be of service please contact me directly.

Reviewed January 23, 2013

If you our looking for luxury do not stay here, pay over a grand or two and stay else where because you will not get luxury here. But if your looking for value would def recommend (recommend asking for a renovated room or tower block when booking they accomadated us and we paid €320 for 2 adults, 9 nights) great value for your money!! The hotel pool is fab, the hotel bar is very good value, bottle beer $ 3.00, shop in the hotel (although better to go to the supermarket, cheaper) which is handy to have, atm, hairdressers, internet, printer, buses to the parks (extra charge for use if not paying the resort fee) and tour operators to help you organise your stay (tickets etc). The room I got 6th floor, tower block had two double beds, microwave, fridge, tv (loads of channels), safe, hairdryer, coffee machine, air conditioning, full length mirror. Had a problem with the safe when we arrived and they had someone straight up to fix it, no problems! The room had abit of a musty smell when you first arrived, but after a day it's lived in and it's fine, had no problem with the water temperature in the shower and the shower had great power, house keeping everyday and fresh towels, great location, bus stop right outside, restaurants, shops etc. Would recommend hotel and stay again. I would not recommend the hotel to someone who is abit of a clean freak though because you will find fault but then I would not recommend staying on international drive full stop, hotels on this road our all abit outdated but best street to stay on in Orlando I think!«

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
International P... O, Manager at International Palms Resort & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded January 25, 2013

Hi Anne,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on Tripadvisor. Your kind and gracious comments regarding our room size, pool and amenities we offer are greatly appreciated. It is important to share these comments with the team, because our goal is to create a great experience for our guests. Again, thank you for the review and we look forward to your next visit, please contact me if I can be of service.

Reviewed January 22, 2013

Stayed here on 2 occasions on recent (Dec 12) 2 week holiday to Florida. First room (4 nights) was in the old 'D' block - two double beds (and they are small doubles at that) in fairly large room, complete with TV, fridge, microwave and coffee maker. Overall decor was dull (old, brown carpets and dark brown furnishings), and bathroom showed signs of poor maintenance (rusty fittings, poor paintwork). However, room cleaned daily and as we only used it to sleep in between theme parks it was just OK.

On return from our trip to St Pete Beach we were allocated a room in the tower - bigger rooms but same small double beds and dull furnishings. However, this time the maintenance seemed better (probably because this is a newer part of the hotel). Again, only really used the room to sleep between theme park visits, so satisfactory overall.

We didn't use any of the hotel's other facilities as the location on International Drive gives easy (walking) access to a range of eateries, depending on what your tastes are.

Regarding theme parks, this end of I-Drive is really good for the Universal parks (about 5 min drive, and walkable if you don't have transport), but it's a 20-30 min drive to the Disney parks.

Overall a disappointing hotel, well below 'International' standard, but OK if all you want to do is sleep there.

Room Tip: Ask for a tower room - the higher levels give better views and get you away from the noise of the fr...
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on Tripadvisor regarding your recent stay, it is through such candid feedback that we continue to improve upon our product and services. Thank you for comments regarding the Resort's location, price value, room size and cleanliness of rooms. The International Palms Resort houses Hundreds of Thousands of people every year and indeed this does take a toll on the furniture. We are dedicated to providing high quality accomodations, clean and comfortable surroundings, friendly and efficient service. We have implemented a preventive maintenance program that will focus on refurbishing the furniture, painting rooms and floor care. Again thank you for your feedback, we look forward to your next visit, please contact me directly if I may be of future service.

Reviewed January 20, 2013

Mold on the rooms including the showers in the bathroom! Elevators not working, after a long day you are tired wait for the elevator you start watching people coming out of the stairway! Then u have no choice go up 8 floors with the kids!! For the price is not good!! This explain when I booked it said 3 stars, when I actually did it showed 2 stars!!!

• Stayed: January 2013
2  Thank Richarin

Thank you for taking the time to write your candid review on Tripadvisor, it is such feedback that we continue to improve upon our product and services. We regret the room and elevator casted a shadow on your trip to orlando. I am particularly sorry that you did not bring your concerns to our attention during your stay so that we could take immediate action. Please contact me and give me the room number, we take any complaint regarding the conditions of our rooms very seriously.
I will forward your comments to our nationally renown elevator service company for immediate action. Again, thank you for your review, I sincerely hope we will be able to retain your valued patronage and regain your confidence when your travel plans again bring you to the Orlando area.

lgonzalez@internationalpalms.com

Reviewed January 20, 2013

After reading so many negative reviews after booking this hotel, I have decided to leave a review this hotel truly deserves. We stayed in this hotel for 14 nights, and have only just returned from our holiday. The hotel room had everything you needed; a microwave, a fridge, a coffee maker,(these were all spotless) a TV with a variety of channels, free WIFI in the rooms, a hair dryer and finally a safe which is bolted to the floor. When checking in to the hotel they ask for a credit card which they take a $50 deposit which is returned immediately on check out if you have not used any of the charged facilities. The reception staff were lovely and really helpful answering any questions you had, once checked in they gave you the directions to your room with a map! Our room was on floor 14!! When we got to the room we were facing the highway but you could hear very little noise from the traffic even though at times it got very busy. We were also next to the ice machine which made no noise until someone got ice even then once they had got their ice it was quiet again. The room was spotless, everything was clean. Everyday the rooms were cleaned; beds made/changed, towels changed and the tea and coffee replenished, The location of the hotel was amazing, there was an I-ride trolley stop directly outside the hotel it costed $14 for 14 days for unlimited riding on the I-ride which took you to either end of International Drive, about a 10 min walk there was the worlds largest Mc Donald's which is open 24 hours!! Your definitely not short of eating places or anything to do at night!! Also about a 15/20 ish min walk from Universal Studios!
All the hotel staff were amazing and so helpful, the free shuttle services were incredibly reliable and easy to book.
We would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone without a car as it is in such a great location, the staff were amazing and when we return to Florida we will DEFINITELY be staying here again!!!

Room Tip: Ask for a non smoking room as these are available.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank BecciBoos
International P... O, Manager at International Palms Resort & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded February 2, 2013

Thank you for such a lovely and heartfelt review. Our team works tirelessly to create an excellent guest experience and they appreciate hearing that they were successful, thank you so much for your feedback! I have taken the liberty of sharing your comments at our daily rally. Again thank you for your kind and gracious comments! We look forward to your next visit. If I may be of any future service, please do not hesitate to contact me directly.

Reviewed January 14, 2013

The hotel is in an excellent location on I-drive with a lynx and trolley stop right out side, walking distance from all amenities on I-drive with a free shuttle to take you to and from universal.

The staff were friendly and knowable, the ticket office staff were extremely helpful in regards to cheap Disney ticket options travel information and so on. The shop in the lobby was a little pricy and i found things were cheaper in the shop over the road.

The room was a good size and very comfortable with a good tv and choice of channels. The fridge was of large size and this was helpful for stocking up on large bottles for fizzy drink. The air con was incredible, loud yes, but at night I turned it down and there was very little noise from that.

The room was kept reasonably clean, we had fresh towels every day and new linen, however a hover would have been appreciated slightly more often, the corridors has a musty smell, i think this was due to an aircon unit leaking, but was not offensive, just noticeable.

Overall i enjoyed my stay, I was only really in the room to sleep as was far to busy during the day doing other things.

If i return to Florida I would defiantly consider staying here again.

P.s, opposite this hotel is a frozen yoghurt shop, i would have to say if you don’t go in your holiday wont be complete.

Stayed for Two weeks in September 2012 (had an amazing time)

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Adam W

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on Tripadvisor. Thank you for your business, we value your feedback. You are correct to say that the resort is in need of a refurbishment, we have taken significant strives in this regard, we recently carpeted 50 rooms, put new furniture in several others, our D building was recently remodeled, added equipment to fitness center, we have created a preventive maintenance program and we continue to improve the overall appearance of hotel. We are most pleased that you found the Resort and staff met and exceeded your expectation. Again, thank you for your comments! We look forward to your next visit, If I may be of future service, please don't hesitate to contact me direclty.

Reviewed January 13, 2013

Rude receptionist. Bathroom and bedroom not well-cleaned. We found a cockroach in the bathroom and the carpet was not swept during our stay. Highly expensive internet. Dirty emergency stairs. The only good things were the location and the refrigerator and microwave in the room. The hotel is full of Brazilian people and yet there is not a receptionist with fluency in portuguese. We will never return.

Room Tip: Stay near to the reception.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Disappointed318

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on Tripadvisor. It is through such candid feedback that we continue to improve upon our product and services. Complaints about rude team members are totally uncommon, I regret that you found this to be the case, I would you like you to contact me directly at lgonzalez@internationalpalms.com, because we do not tolerate this from any of our associates. Also we do not charge for Wi-Fi, but there is a charge in the business center for internet service. We have a renown nationally bonded pest control company that service the resort, I would like to know what was your room number so we can take immediate action. Regarding Housekeeping I have taken the liberty of sharing your comments with the Executive Housekeeper for the lack of service given to your room during your stay. This is not the type of guest experience we are trying to provide. Again, Thank you for your comments, and I sincerely hope you will give us another opportunity to retain your valued patronage and regain your confidence when your travel plans again bring you to the Orlando area. I look forward to hearing from you soon.