We have recently come back from Orlando and once again stayed at the Inernational Palms.We travelled with Virgin Holidays and this was our 5th time, twice when it was the holiday inn and for the last 3 years as the international palms. The room we feel was not as good as last year, paint peeling from corners of the ceiling as though there had been water damage, we have had promises of renovation since this hotel was taken over from the holiday inn but it is now starting to go backwards again. Room was cleaned every day and we always had clean towels & bedding. Same old tellys (no remote in the room and had to go and ask for one) and furniture in the rooms, no hotel informationin the room. carpets on the walk ways in the tower were disgusting with stains everywhere. Lifts were very slow and some morning took over 5 minutes to arrive. when we checked in we were charged $50 deposit (which we have never been charged before) and were told by the receptionist who checked us in that if we paid by credit charge it would be refunded back to us 72 hours after we had checked out, so I paid with cash. When I used the room phone I asked reception if local calls were free and was told yes, I made 5 local calls, when checking out of the hotel I was charged for 2 of these calls, i then quiried it and was refunded the cost. The bar area still has the same horrid paint colours that the holiday inn had.The hotel Restaurant was never open at night and on one occasion that the weather was really bad and we wanted to eat in the hotel we ordered a meal at the bar, Poor Judy was rushed of her feet serving meals to everyone that had the same idea as us. cant believe that nobody came to give her a hand. I can't praise Judy enough as she was brilliant and made our nights enjoyable and entertaining. Imad at the pool side bar was also brilliant, these
2 employees are a credit to the hotel. would I stay there again? not sure.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- When searching for ideal Orlando Florida hotels or resorts for your Central Florida vacation, meeting or event, make your reservation at the International Palms Resort & Conference Center Orlando on International Drive. Our resort is conveniently located in the heart of International Drive and offers guests easy access to the most popular Orlando attractions and exciting things to do. Discover adventurous thrills at Universal Orlando, marvel at an amazing underwater paradise at Sea World, cool off with an exciting trip to Aquatica or Wet n Wild and enjoy some of the best shopping in the world! With our Attractions Shuttle, Lynx Bus Stop, I-Drive Trolley Stop and Dollar Rental Car office, we have many ways to help you get around. At the resort, take a refreshing dip in our sparkling outdoor pool or whirlpool hot tub. Work out in our fitness center with an array of exercise machines. For tantalizing meals, choose from several delectable locations, like the Front Street Café, and enjoy a drink and pleasant conversations in our casual Coral Key Bar & Grill or Gator Joe's Poolside Bar. Experience event planning Florida-style, with delicious catering menus and 20,000 square feet of event space to meet all your needs. For great Orlando vacation deals, we offer an Orlando value vacation for your family or romantic getaway. We look forward to taking EXCELLENT care of you at the International Palms Resort & Conference Center Orlando! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotwire, Priceline, Travelocity, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your International Palms Resort & Conference Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- International Palms Hotel Orlando
- International Palms Resort And Conference Center
- Holiday Inn Orlando
- Holiday Inn International Drive Florida
- Holiday Inn International Drive Orlando
- Orlando Holiday Inn