We stayed at the International Palms Resort from September 27th to October 11th booked through travel republic.We requested a tower room which was no problem and we were checked in within 10 minutes.
There was more than enough space in the car park and we quickly found our room on the 6th floor.First impressions of the tower block and room was that its dated and the lifts need a bit of updating as there very shakey and slow but after settling in our room it wasnt a problem and the room was very clean,very spacious-it had a two big comfy beds,a televison,fridge and microwave,table and two chairs and a desk and computer chair! More than enough space for a basic room for two guests.Again the bathroom was very dated but useable and clean.
The pool area was a great! We were a bit worried from some reviews but when we went down it was spacious,not to busy and had a lovely hot tub.Also the pool had hammocks which were shaded by trees which was nice in the boiling heat and lilos in the pool which was nice not to have to pay for them or carry them around as they were always there! its not luxury but for the price its perfect.
We did not use the hotel fitness center,hotel shop or resturant so cannot comment.If you do need to visit a shop for basics go to walmart which is two roads away and not wallgreens which is on international drive as its much more exspensive! Saved us so much on suncream,snacks,toiletries ect nearly double the price in wallgreens!
Location was perfect for what we wanted it for which was to go to the theme parks,have a relax and sunbathe and lots of shopping.The hotel is on the older,quieter end of international drive but still has countless resturants and shops in walking distance.Right oppisite the entrance is gator golf which is a really cheap fun where you can feed the alligators,play mini golf and even hold and sit on jimmy the alligtor!!
This is my fifth time staying in orlando and previously much more luxorious,higher rated hotels aswell as villas which was great but for the money and location you cant beat the international palms hotel.Dont expect a 5 star as its not but if your just looking for a great base and great location I would definatly recommend.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- When searching for ideal Orlando Florida hotels or resorts for your Central Florida vacation, meeting or event, make your reservation at the International Palms Resort & Conference Center Orlando on International Drive. Our resort is conveniently located in the heart of International Drive and offers guests easy access to the most popular Orlando attractions and exciting things to do. Discover adventurous thrills at Universal Orlando, marvel at an amazing underwater paradise at Sea World, cool off with an exciting trip to Aquatica or Wet n Wild and enjoy some of the best shopping in the world! With our Attractions Shuttle, Lynx Bus Stop, I-Drive Trolley Stop and Dollar Rental Car office, we have many ways to help you get around. At the resort, take a refreshing dip in our sparkling outdoor pool or whirlpool hot tub. Work out in our fitness center with an array of exercise machines. For tantalizing meals, choose from several delectable locations, like the Front Street Café, and enjoy a drink and pleasant conversations in our casual Coral Key Bar & Grill or Gator Joe's Poolside Bar. Experience event planning Florida-style, with delicious catering menus and 20,000 square feet of event space to meet all your needs. For great Orlando vacation deals, we offer an Orlando value vacation for your family or romantic getaway. We look forward to taking EXCELLENT care of you at the International Palms Resort & Conference Center Orlando! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline so you can book your International Palms Resort & Conference Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- International Palms Hotel Orlando
- International Palms Resort And Conference Center
- Holiday Inn Orlando
- Holiday Inn International Drive Florida
- Holiday Inn International Drive Orlando
- Orlando Holiday Inn