International Palms Resort & Conference Center
Ranked #257 of 342 Hotels in Orlando
Reviewed June 7, 2012

Stayed here because of the Toy Dog Show in the conference center. I asked for a first floor room and got it, Room 2002 in Building A. It was the farthest from the I-4 highway noise and could not hear it from the room. I was disappointed in the mattresses, but I also have a Temper-Pedic mattress at home. There was a good size refrigerator, microwave and coffee maker in the room. From my room I could walk down a short distance and the pool was right there. Very nice pool, whirlpool and pool bar. Also had hammocks to enjoy. Only thing was the noise from I-4. Because of the location of the hotel to walking distance to restaurants, I chose to eat at the hotel. The hamburgers were awesome and tried the fried chips instead of fries for a change. The breakfast was very good an plentiful. I ended up going with the chef's special of three scrambled eggs, bacon and home fries for 5.99. Always took the food back to the room, due to the dog being in the room. I felt safe and comfortable walking around the facility at all hours of the night walking the dog. The traffic is bad from 4:00 p.m. on due to everyone heading down I-drive to get to the restaurants and clubs. So did not try to drive anywhere. Wet and Wild is almost directly across the street and miniature golf and other rides. About 5 minutes to Universal and 10 minutes to the outlet malls. If I was going down to Orlando for vacation, this would not be my first choice of hotels. I would prefer to be down further where you can walk to a variety of restaurants and bars. The staff was very friendly and seemed to remember you after seeing you one time. I was disappointed that my room was not cleaned until after 3:00 p.m. I had been at the dog show all day and just got back to the room and wanted to rest and housekeeping shows up.

Room Tip: Try to get a room in the front of the hotel, no matter what building you choose. I can understand w...
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled solo
International P... O, General Manager at International Palms Resort & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded June 11, 2012

Dear Rhonda,

Thank you for choosing International Palms Resort for your visit to Orlando! We were pleased that you had an excellent stay and were able to enjoy the convenience of the location of your room to the proximity of your meetings at the Convention Center. Thank you for your wonderful accolades about our staff and culinary delights. Because the resort is very busy, during your next visit, we respectfully ask if you would like housekeeping services at a specific time, let the front desk know and they can arrange a time that is best suited for your needs. When your travels bring you back with your family, we look forward to welcoming you!

International Palms Resort & Conference Center-Orlando

Write a ReviewReviews (3,244)

Reviewed June 7, 2012

Very clean hotel, we stayed in D block on the ground floor. We had 2 rooms between the 5 of us both were clean and the beds very comfortable. There was no problems with noise from other guests nor the main roads around the Hotel. Very convenient location for the bars and restaurants on i-drive. It is also not too far to walk to Universal which we did a couple of times (There is also a free bus to Universal). Swimming pool was really good, and has a roped off deep area which we enjoyed. The sign at reception stated a resort fee of $7.99 per day although we were never charged this upon arrival nor checking out - We booked through alpharooms so I don't know if this fee is included in there price or not.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank JmJ1988

Dear JmJ

Thank you for your recent review. We were pleased that you were able to enjoy your holiday at International Palms Resort Orlando from Birmingham. Our location is ideal to Universal Studios and numerous other attractions. We appreciate your business and look forward to your next trip with your family.

Reviewed June 5, 2012

We hav stayed in three hotels in Orlando this being the best for location and room size, we had a great deal stay 2 nights get the third free, pool area not large but adequate, rooms serviced by nice staff, is a great family or coples or travellers on their own. We also stayed in a room that just recently redecorated as I believe some rooms are old and tired.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank Dorothy1951
International P... O, General Manager at International Palms Resort & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded June 7, 2012

Dear Dorothy,

Thank you for your business! We were delighted that you choose International Palms Resort for your recent visit from the New Zealand. We will pass on your accolades to our team. We are delighted that you had an excellent stay and that you enjoyed our hotel over the other three you visited. We appreciate your business and look forward to taking excellent care of you during your next stay when we will have a lot of new surprises to showcase!

Reviewed June 5, 2012

amazing hotel went there on the 4th of may 2012 for our honeymoon stayed here for the 2weeks.got to say i wasn't looking forward to the hotel considering some of the awful reviews.if you stay here you wont be disapointed.some people want more for less money .those people need to book into the Hilton for what they expect .Clean room ,bathroom spotless .clean towels each day.soaps shampoo etc.hair dryer,iron ,safe fridge tv, alarm , tea coffee.FREE transfers to universal $7 to the Disneys Epcot transfering services to all parks from there very easy system . .all you need when all your doing is sleeping.great breakfast in the morning we didn't know that this was included in what we payed.you can email the hotel your details for when you are coming and ask whats all included .as some people get resort fee which will really help you you if its just the Disney parks you are going to this resort fee is $7.99 per day we was fine as we had all tickets universal discovery cove etc .also i thought i would pay this too but it was in a package i didnt know this. needed to give a deposit of $50 this was returned to me at the end of our stay.This is the direct email to the hotel if you have any questions etc...just advised dates when coming they will check all out for you and email you back orlando@internationalpalms.com.staff are very friendly the hotel is the perfect spot ponderso is very good for food and good prices also several other places to eat on the drive.pool is nice and relaxing at night as we only made thepool couple of times as always at parks.we stayed in block d no noise etc from the road etc as other people was saying.u have air con on you dont hear nothing.cannot fault this hotel atal very sad how many people have bad mouthed it but i suppose people have there opinions.we will be back food is great wallgreens up the road good prices for juice snacks etc which can save you a packet than paying at the parks.any questions feel free to give me a mail .hotel is suitable for anyone

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
5  Thank carrie L

Dear Carrie,

Thank you for choosing International Palms Resort for your visit to Orlando! We were pleased that your family had an excellent stay and were able to enjoy the many amenities on and off the resort grounds. We appreciate your business and look forward to your next visit. When you visit Disney World again, we look forward to showcasing a fun live animal exhibit that will be displayed in the near future!

Congratulations!

Reviewed June 3, 2012

Good location on International Drive.  Stayed in the larger tower block, which I understand was originally a Holiday Inn, room was clean and tidy and quite large.  Good swimming pool with surrounding sunbathing area at the rear of the main hotel.  Only slight drawback was that the pool area backs on to the interstate highway and although the hotel have done a good job of screening this area there is some road noise.  Overall well recommended and I would use this again.

Top tip find Aki Japanese sushi restaurant at 7460 Universal Drive, near the Crowne Plaza, for authentic sushi at a reasonable price.  The restaurant doesn't look anything special and it is located in a very quiet small shopping centre.

Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank DorsetMark

Dear DorsetMark

Thank you for your recent review. We were pleased that you were able to enjoy your vacation at International Palms Resort Orlando from Poole. Our location is ideal to Universal Studios and Sea World, along with numerous other attractions. We appreciate your business and look forward to your next trip with your family.

p.s. I am a big fan of Aki Japanese too…great hand-rolled sushi!

Reviewed June 3, 2012

We stayed at this resort for a week in February.

We found the rooms tired and old, the room service slow and inconsistent as far as time of service and cleanliness.

The staff were friendly. Package didn't include breakfast but with many shops walking distance, it was fine.

Pool didn't appear to be cleaned very often but was better than some other places in Orlando that I've experienced over the years. Hot tub was GREAT!

Room Tip: With kids, ask for lower levels of main building. Avoid poolside rooms as people walk off the mai...
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear Canadian Investor

Thank you for you review. International Palms Resort Orlando recently changed management companies, and are excited to understand what challenges you as a traveller face.. We have been focusing our efforts on a number of areas. We will continue to make steps to improve our property and the overall experience. We look forward to your next visit, where we will be showcase numerous exciting changes!

We appreciate your continued business!

Brent M. DeNardo
International palms Resort & Conference Center-Orlando

Reviewed June 2, 2012

So I decided to give this hotel a second chance and they failed drastically. First time I stayed in the "A" building. This time I was in the "Tower," should be called the tower of doom. I was told I was going to get renovated, oversized room. The room was oversized, but I missed the renovation part. Did the renovation happen in 1990?? The sheets had stains and the certains were torn. So I went to the front desk and asked for the manager. The manager wasn't available, but the supervisor was. The supervisor was very nice and understanding. He quickly contacted housekeeping and had my sheets changed, apologized, offered me a new room and checked back with me to make sure everything was ok with the room. I asked for him manager again but he was still unavailable. I think the management there should be more supportive of their staff. The young gentleman named James seemed to have everything under control. He was the reason I decided to give this property a second chance.

Room Tip: Call and ask for James, He'll make sure you're taken care of.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled solo

Dear Jacob,

Thank you for you review. We appreciate your feedback, as feedback is a gift. International Palms Resort Orlando recently changed management companies, and are excited to understand the challenges you as a traveler are concerned with. We have been focusing our efforts on a number of areas. We will continue to make steps to improve our property and the overall experience. We would be delighted for you to come and earn your trust again.

I welcome you to reach me directly for your next stay, so that we may exceed your expectations.

Brent M. DeNardo