Message from TripAdvisor:
This place is temporarily closed.

“very nice resort”

International Palms Resort & Conference Center
Ranked #258 of 340 Hotels in Orlando
Reviewed March 27, 2012

hi im from new jersey i just stayed there march 22-25 very nice resort very clean. staff was very pleasant was there on business i would definitely stay again p.s. love the resort pool bar . bartender was a great guy

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank clinton40
International P... O, General Manager at International Palms Resort & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded April 1, 2012

Dear Clinton

Thank you for your review! We are delighted that you were able to enjoy the International Palms Resort Orlando for your recent visit. We will pass your accolades to Imad, the pool bar attendant. It is our associates who we treasure to provide excellent service. When your travels bring you back, we look forward to welcoming you!

We appreciate your business!

There are newer reviews for International Palms Resort & Conference Center

Reviewed March 27, 2012

We spent a week in Florida at 3 different hotels. We called this the "spacious " one. Our room was bigger than the average room which was nice, but it had the feeling of a concrete block room with carpet. Bathroom was old and not spacious at all . Needs an update...
Convenient area, but there were so many other choices of hotels, I wished we had shopped around a little more.
For the price, it was okay.

Room Tip: The towers need an update. Maybe the other buildings are better.
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank texas-fornow-mom

Dear Texas Mom (for now)

Thank you for your recent review! We were delighted you selected International Palms Resort in Orlando as one of your hotels on your trip. We recently changed management companies and are excited to understand what you, the travel, need. We would be delighted for you to stay again and share additional feedback on accolades or areas of improvement.

Thank you for your business and we look forward to welcoming you and your family again!

Reviewed March 27, 2012

After only reading the reviews AFTER I booked the holiday I was very nervous about what would come of our stay, however I was pleasantly surprised.

OK so I have to admit the rooms are dated and could do with a bit of a revamp but I guess you get what you pay for. And we stayed in the tower across from the car park and it was open so anyone could gain access. So my only suggestion there is a bit more security.

Location I feel is the best aspect of this hotel, literally a stone throw away from everything. Great restaurants my personal favourite Buffalo wild wings Grill & Bar, two minute walk to wet'n'wild and plenty of bars and entertainment.

The I RIDE trolley picks you up right outside the hotel and the free shuttle to the parks that the hotel provide are very handy.

The onsite facilities are also very good, we had breakfast in the restaurant every morning, had dinner and drinks at the bar a few night, bought souvenirs, snacks, drinks and pool stuff in the little shop and the lady who works there is sooo nice and the pool is amazing!!!!

All in all I enjoyed my stay here, looking into booking again in September and I will be returning to this hotel on my next visit for sure and recommend it to friends.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank kwebb08

Dear KWebb

Thank you for your recent review! We were delighted that when your travels brought you to Orlando from Dublin, that you selected International Palms Resort in Orlando. Yes, being within a mile to Universal Studios, our location is ideal. We are also pleased you were able to enjoy the resort’s amenities and that we were able to take excellent care of you. We appreciate your business and look forward to your next visit in September. Buffalo wild Wings is delicious-my favorite is the Jerk Chicken Sandwich!

Reviewed March 26, 2012

Stayed a week with my girlfriend for spring break and wasn't expecting much from 3/20/12 - 3/24/12. I was very underwhelmed by the hotel and probably not return. The biggest let down was the room smelled old and unkept. The toilet kept running all night. We were placed in the towers room on the 7th floor in the corner.

The ice machine was broken on the 7th floor and on 2 different floors and the vending machines on each floor was broken.

The elevators were very unpredictable, once you enter the elevator, it wants to shut on you before you even completely enter. Also, the wait time from pushing 7 to the elevator doors closing was 2 minutes. Needless to say they need to be upgraded and need maintenance. What killed it for us was on the day of checkout, only one elevator was working forcing the entire hotel to crowd one elevator. We had to carry out luggage down 7 flights of stairs.

There are some pros to the International palms resort. The shuttle service we took to Universal was free unlike the previous reviewer, there must have been various choices. All you have to do is request a ticket from the Universal Studios Concierge at the front desk. The shuttle Bus had 3 departure times in the morning and 3 in the evening (they do not run all day).

Also the pool side was to die for. The Hammock was relaxing and pool side bar was reasonable in price. I got the feeling they invest a lot in their outdoor pool area and not enough on the rooms themselves. Overall the Service was exemplary, from the guest services to the bartenders, they all provided great service.

However, this does not make up for the lackluster room and unkept building. Next time we will opt out and spend a little more for a cleaner hotel.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Vincent R

Dear Vincent

Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay. We appreciate all feedback as it always affords us an opportunity to improve, so thank you for your comments.. International Palms Resort Orlando recently changed management companies, and are excited to understand the challenges you as a traveler are concerned with. We have been focusing our efforts on a number of areas. We will continue to make steps to improve our property and the overall experience. We would be delighted for you to come and earn your trust again.

I welcome you to reach me directly for your next stay, so that we may exceed your expectations.

Reviewed March 20, 2012

I stayed at the International Palms from 3/14/12-3/18/12 with my two daughters. We were unable to check in upon arrival because their computers were down. When we were finally able to check in, we walked into a dirty room. Our bathroom had hair and mildew, so I requested a clean room or my money back. We were moved to a cleaner one, but I would say their bathrooms need to be re-done. Overall, the place needs a good cleaning. The safe in the second room was apparently left locked by the previous guests, and even thought I reported it to the front desk, no one ever came to resolve this issue. Breakfast was awful - the worst I've ever had. Even my 10 year-old can make better scrambled eggs! There is actually a charge for shuttle services to the parks, and I cannot understand why they also charge a resort fee...?!

Additionally, I just checked my account and to my surprise, they charged me over $170.00 (for what, I have no clue) even though I had used Expedia and all my charges were pre-paid.

On the positive side, if you are only going to Universal parks or Wet & Wild, this is a great location. Otherwise, traffic is a killer.

This was my first and LAST stay at this hotel, and I would not recommend it to my worst enemy.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
4  Thank Betty S
International P... O, General Manager at International Palms Resort & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded March 22, 2012

Dear Betty

Thank you for you review. We appreciate your feedback, as feedback is a gift. International Palms Resort Orlando recently changed management companies, and are excited to understand the views of our guests. When you arrived we were in the process of upgrading our systems to enhance the check-in process and took several hours longer than we anticipated. This also accounts for the embarrassing situation of checking you in to unserviced room. Regarding the $170 additional charge, did you use a debit card instead of a credit card? If so, that would account for the “bank hold”. The funds should be released back to your account within ten business days after check-out, depending on your bank.

I welcome you to reach me directly for your next Staycation, so that we may exceed your expectations.

Reviewed March 20, 2012

Stayed here with my wife. It was perfect for what we needed. Close to tons of restaurants, city walk, universal studios and wet n wild...all of which we hung out at. Only stayed for five days but we will be back. The price is great and the service has improved since the last time we came.

• Stayed: February 2012
2  Thank mark_from_cali

Dear Mark

Thank you for you review. International Palms Resort Orlando recently changed management companies, and are excited to see that the service has improved since your previous visit. We have been focusing our efforts on a number of areas. We will continue to make steps to improve our property and the overall experience. We look forward to your next visit and anxious to get additional feedback.

We appreciate your business!

Reviewed March 20, 2012

My family found this hotel through Booking.com. The reviews are definitely mixed. We stayed in the tower and had a great stay. My kids fed the fish by the pool every day. The price is very fair and the staff is super helpful. Austin was certainly knows the area. We had been to Disney several times, so we spent most of the time at Universal Studios...super close to the hotel. My youngest played at Dr. Suess most of the time, and of course, had to get a Thing 1 t-shirt (they are everywhere). We will be definitely staying again next year.

• Stayed: March 2012
2  Thank LoveToTravel99785

Dear Love To Travel

Thank you for choosing International Palms Resort for your visit to Orlando! We were pleased that your family had an excellent stay and were able to enjoy the many amenities on and off the resort grounds. We appreciate your business and look forward to your next visit. We added to turtles to our pond, so your kids can feed the koi and turtles!