Message from TripAdvisor:
This place is temporarily closed.

“Not the Best Experience”

International Palms Resort & Conference Center
Ranked #257 of 337 Hotels in Orlando
Bowie, Maryland
“Not the Best Experience”
Reviewed March 26, 2012

Stayed a week with my girlfriend for spring break and wasn't expecting much from 3/20/12 - 3/24/12. I was very underwhelmed by the hotel and probably not return. The biggest let down was the room smelled old and unkept. The toilet kept running all night. We were placed in the towers room on the 7th floor in the corner.

The ice machine was broken on the 7th floor and on 2 different floors and the vending machines on each floor was broken.

The elevators were very unpredictable, once you enter the elevator, it wants to shut on you before you even completely enter. Also, the wait time from pushing 7 to the elevator doors closing was 2 minutes. Needless to say they need to be upgraded and need maintenance. What killed it for us was on the day of checkout, only one elevator was working forcing the entire hotel to crowd one elevator. We had to carry out luggage down 7 flights of stairs.

There are some pros to the International palms resort. The shuttle service we took to Universal was free unlike the previous reviewer, there must have been various choices. All you have to do is request a ticket from the Universal Studios Concierge at the front desk. The shuttle Bus had 3 departure times in the morning and 3 in the evening (they do not run all day).

Also the pool side was to die for. The Hammock was relaxing and pool side bar was reasonable in price. I got the feeling they invest a lot in their outdoor pool area and not enough on the rooms themselves. Overall the Service was exemplary, from the guest services to the bartenders, they all provided great service.

However, this does not make up for the lackluster room and unkept building. Next time we will opt out and spend a little more for a cleaner hotel.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Vincent R
International P... O, General Manager at International Palms Resort & Conference Center, responded to this review, April 1, 2012
Dear Vincent

Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay. We appreciate all feedback as it always affords us an opportunity to improve, so thank you for your comments.. International Palms Resort Orlando recently changed management companies, and are excited to understand the challenges you as a traveler are concerned with. We have been focusing our efforts on a number of areas. We will continue to make steps to improve our property and the overall experience. We would be delighted for you to come and earn your trust again.

I welcome you to reach me directly for your next stay, so that we may exceed your expectations.

International palms Resort & Conference Center-Orlando

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (794)
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Miami, Florida
Reviewed March 20, 2012

I stayed at the International Palms from 3/14/12-3/18/12 with my two daughters. We were unable to check in upon arrival because their computers were down. When we were finally able to check in, we walked into a dirty room. Our bathroom had hair and mildew, so I requested a clean room or my money back. We were moved to a cleaner one, but I would say their bathrooms need to be re-done. Overall, the place needs a good cleaning. The safe in the second room was apparently left locked by the previous guests, and even thought I reported it to the front desk, no one ever came to resolve this issue. Breakfast was awful - the worst I've ever had. Even my 10 year-old can make better scrambled eggs! There is actually a charge for shuttle services to the parks, and I cannot understand why they also charge a resort fee...?!

Additionally, I just checked my account and to my surprise, they charged me over $170.00 (for what, I have no clue) even though I had used Expedia and all my charges were pre-paid.

On the positive side, if you are only going to Universal parks or Wet & Wild, this is a great location. Otherwise, traffic is a killer.

This was my first and LAST stay at this hotel, and I would not recommend it to my worst enemy.

4 Thank Betty S
International P... O, General Manager at International Palms Resort & Conference Center, responded to this review, March 22, 2012
Dear Betty

Thank you for you review. We appreciate your feedback, as feedback is a gift. International Palms Resort Orlando recently changed management companies, and are excited to understand the views of our guests. When you arrived we were in the process of upgrading our systems to enhance the check-in process and took several hours longer than we anticipated. This also accounts for the embarrassing situation of checking you in to unserviced room. Regarding the $170 additional charge, did you use a debit card instead of a credit card? If so, that would account for the “bank hold”. The funds should be released back to your account within ten business days after check-out, depending on your bank.

I welcome you to reach me directly for your next Staycation, so that we may exceed your expectations.

International palms Resort & Conference Center-Orlando

Travelers are raving about these Orlando hotels

Reviewed March 20, 2012

Stayed here with my wife. It was perfect for what we needed. Close to tons of restaurants, city walk, universal studios and wet n wild...all of which we hung out at. Only stayed for five days but we will be back. The price is great and the service has improved since the last time we came.

• Stayed February 2012
2 Thank mark_from_cali
Dear Mark

Thank you for you review. International Palms Resort Orlando recently changed management companies, and are excited to see that the service has improved since your previous visit. We have been focusing our efforts on a number of areas. We will continue to make steps to improve our property and the overall experience. We look forward to your next visit and anxious to get additional feedback.

We appreciate your business!

Reviewed March 20, 2012

My family found this hotel through Booking.com. The reviews are definitely mixed. We stayed in the tower and had a great stay. My kids fed the fish by the pool every day. The price is very fair and the staff is super helpful. Austin was certainly knows the area. We had been to Disney several times, so we spent most of the time at Universal Studios...super close to the hotel. My youngest played at Dr. Suess most of the time, and of course, had to get a Thing 1 t-shirt (they are everywhere). We will be definitely staying again next year.

• Stayed March 2012
2 Thank LoveToTravel99785
Dear Love To Travel

Thank you for choosing International Palms Resort for your visit to Orlando! We were pleased that your family had an excellent stay and were able to enjoy the many amenities on and off the resort grounds. We appreciate your business and look forward to your next visit. We added to turtles to our pond, so your kids can feed the koi and turtles!

Brent DeNardo
International Palms Resort & Conference Center-Orlando
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 19, 2012

stayed 10 days there, using it as a base to get around central florida, I had the newer block 5 floors and it was a nice hotel, didnt like having to pay to use the computers in the lobby as other places didnt charge. But on the whole we would stay again

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Adam P
International P... O, General Manager at International Palms Resort & Conference Center, responded to this review, March 20, 2012
Dear Adam

Thank you for choosing International Palms Resort for your visit to Orlando! We were pleased that you and your significant other had an excellent stay and were able to enjoy the many amenities on and off the resort grounds. When your travels bring you back from London, we look forward to welcoming you back!

Brent DeNardo
International Palms Resort & Conference Center-Orlando
Mashpee, Massachusetts
Reviewed March 17, 2012

We travel the the location every March for about the last 7 years for a trade show held at the Palms. I have seen the property decline under the previous owners and have seen changes with the new owners.

There are positives and negatives to this hotel. I'll start with the bad......

I can only speak to the rooms in the tower. They have made improvements, but need to do more. One I was very glad to see was they replaced the old railings of the towers interior. I believe the bedding and carpets in the rooms has been replaced too.

They are in DIRE need of more work to match the price to the value. The shower controls in almost every room I know of (other people at the trade show) are in dire need of replacement. Overall the bathrooms need to be redone.

Second they need a free breakfast. I can see just offering a small continental breakfast, but something should be offered. A sub-par beakfast that comes to almost ten dollars per person is NOT a selling feature for your property.

OK having told you about all the bad there are positives to the Palms. Number one, LOCATION, location, location. It's a short walk to Wet & Wild, about a mile and a half to Universal, there is the little fun park almost across and restaurantsesteraunts near by. As far as the trade show group I travel to, they do an good job working with us.

Service was good and the room was clean enough. Like all mid range properties it could use a heavy cleaning more often.

If they can keep making improvements it will be better.

One major gripe though.... RESORT fee give me an Freakin' break. What resort the POOL???? and a VERY limited shuttle to local parks.

Room Tip: For the best location and quietest - Ask for a room in the tower facing AWAY from the highway
4 Thank wcstory
Dear WCStory

Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay. We appreciate all feedback as it always affords us an opportunity to improve, so thank you for your comments.. International Palms Resort Orlando recently changed management companies, and are excited to understand the challenges you as a traveler are concerned with. We have been focusing our efforts on a number of areas. We will continue to make steps to improve our property and the overall experience. Yes, our location is ideal and are pleased you could take advantage of the amenities on and off the property. We look forward to having your next trade show visit.

Keystone Heights, Florida
Reviewed March 15, 2012

The price was reasonable and the location was convenient. However, the hotel was an older hotel and the rooms were okay. The linens on the bed definitely needed to be replaced. The were worn out and they had "pills" on them. The staff was friendly and helpful. For the price and location I would definitely stay there again.

2 Thank skinnycat77
Dear SkinnyCat

Thank you for you review. We appreciate your feedback, as feedback is a gift. International Palms Resort Orlando recently changed management companies, and are excited to understand the challenges you as a traveler are concerned with. We have been focusing our efforts on a number of areas and have started purchase new linen. We will continue to make steps to improve our property and the overall experience. Thank you for your accolades about our friendly and helpful staff. When you enjoy another "Staycation", we look forward to welcoming you back!