Stayed a week with my girlfriend for spring break and wasn't expecting much from 3/20/12 - 3/24/12. I was very underwhelmed by the hotel and probably not return. The biggest let down was the room smelled old and unkept. The toilet kept running all night. We were placed in the towers room on the 7th floor in the corner.
The ice machine was broken on the 7th floor and on 2 different floors and the vending machines on each floor was broken.
The elevators were very unpredictable, once you enter the elevator, it wants to shut on you before you even completely enter. Also, the wait time from pushing 7 to the elevator doors closing was 2 minutes. Needless to say they need to be upgraded and need maintenance. What killed it for us was on the day of checkout, only one elevator was working forcing the entire hotel to crowd one elevator. We had to carry out luggage down 7 flights of stairs.
There are some pros to the International palms resort. The shuttle service we took to Universal was free unlike the previous reviewer, there must have been various choices. All you have to do is request a ticket from the Universal Studios Concierge at the front desk. The shuttle Bus had 3 departure times in the morning and 3 in the evening (they do not run all day).
Also the pool side was to die for. The Hammock was relaxing and pool side bar was reasonable in price. I got the feeling they invest a lot in their outdoor pool area and not enough on the rooms themselves. Overall the Service was exemplary, from the guest services to the bartenders, they all provided great service.
However, this does not make up for the lackluster room and unkept building. Next time we will opt out and spend a little more for a cleaner hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The International Palms Resort & Conference Center has temporarily closed to undergo a complete renovation that will include a branding change, remodeling of the guest rooms, lobby & dining facilities, pool area and 20,000 sq. feet of convention space. Renovations are expected to be complete towards the beginning of 2018. When searching for ideal Orlando Florida hotels or resorts for your Central Florida vacation, meeting or event, make your reservation at the International Palms Resort & Conference Center Orlando on International Drive. Our resort is conveniently located in the heart of International Drive and offers guests easy access to the most popular Orlando attractions and exciting things to do. Discover adventurous thrills at Universal Orlando, marvel at an amazing underwater paradise at Sea World, cool off with an exciting trip to Aquatica or Wet n Wild and enjoy some of the best shopping in the world! With our Attractions Shuttle, Lynx Bus Stop, I-Drive Trolley Stop and Dollar Rental Car office, we have many ways to help you get around. At the resort, take a refreshing dip in our sparkling outdoor pool or whirlpool hot tub. Work out in our fitness center with an array of exercise machines. For tantalizing meals, choose from several delectable locations, like the Front Street Café, and enjoy a drink and pleasant conversations in our casual Coral Key Bar & Grill or Gator Joe's Poolside Bar. Experience event planning Florida-style, with delicious catering menus and 20,000 square feet of event space to meet all your needs. For great Orlando vacation deals, we offer an Orlando value vacation for your family or romantic getaway. We look forward to taking EXCELLENT care of you at the International Palms Resort & Conference Center Orlando! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, HotelsforEveryone, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your International Palms Resort & Conference Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- International Palms Hotel Orlando
- International Palms Resort And Conference Center
- Holiday Inn Orlando
- Holiday Inn International Drive Florida
- Holiday Inn International Drive Orlando
- Orlando Holiday Inn