Message from TripAdvisor:
This place is temporarily closed.

“It's actually not that bad!”

International Palms Resort & Conference Center
Ranked #259 of 337 Hotels in Orlando
Lancaster, United Kingdom
“It's actually not that bad!”
Reviewed February 17, 2012

No, it's not the ritz but it's clean. We stayed for 14 nights and basically slept in it. There were no cockroaches or bugs, the shower sometimes altered slightly in temperature but not so significantly you'd be bothered by it. We overlooked international drive and the slingshot and yes we had a go, rude not to really and I would definately reccommend doing it at night!. The lifts were fine, sometimes a little slow coming so we used the stairs, imagine that, actually using your legs! The rooms were tidied every day and fresh towels were provided. All in all if you're planning on a busy holiday to visit the parks you really don't need it for anything other than sleeping in and it's perfectly comfortable for that. It's almost opposite Wet n Wild which is good and within walking distance of restaurants and shops but if you want to go further, get the I-Ride trolley for $1.25 per adult (kids under 12 are free). It's easy! I can't really comment on the facilities as we didn't use them but the staff were pleasant. I was starting to worry just before we went having read so many negative comments but it was fine.

Room Tip: We stayed in the tower which was fine. I can't comment on anywhere else on the complex.
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
4 Thank Nicola R

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (794)
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Huber Heights, Ohio
Reviewed February 15, 2012

We got a Groupon Deal to stay at this hotel, and before reading the reviews we went ahead and bought the deal. Read the reviews before coming to this place. It is just a place to sleep, nothing more.
When we checked in we were told that the elevators are locked and you have to use your room key to call them. Every time we went to the elevators one was open, so much for security. There is no floor indication while in the elevators, you just hope when the doors open its your floor.
The rooms weren't dirty, but they weren't clean, did have to kill bugs in the bathroom. AC unit is old and very loud. Called many times for a wake up call, never got one.
Staff was rude,didn't care that we had problems as long as it wasn't they're fault. Lesson of the day read reviews before purchesing a good "deal".

Room Tip: Go somewhere else!
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
International P... O, General Manager at International Palms Resort & Conference Center, responded to this review, February 25, 2012
Dear Julie,

Thank you for your recent stay! We are pleased that you were able to find us through Groupon. We recently changed management companies and are delighted to receive your feedback. As we continue to make changes to improve the quality of your guest experience, your feedback allows us to understand where to focus our immediate efforts. We look forward to improving the experience and invite you to reach me directly for your next visit.

Brent M. DeNardo
International Palms Resort Orlando

Travelers are raving about these Orlando hotels

Norwich, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 15, 2012

Myself and my partner have stayed in many Hotels across America from 3 star to 5 star and hope this gives this review more credibility.
We would be delighted to return to the International palms.Our room was lovely,the whole resort is very very clean and it is obvious that the staff are making massive efforts into maintaining and improving standards all around.
I genuinely find some of the negative reviews hard to understand and believe that some of the people writing them must be either expecting absolute 5 star luxury or looking to find fault during their stay.
We made friend with many of the excellent staff at the Hotel. Simo,Gayona,Said and Marry Beth were genuinely lovely people and together with Imad who ran the poolside bar and Aziz,one of the managers, they made our stay even better.
International Palms is ideally situated if you are planning to visit the Orlando parks as we did, roughly 12 miles from Disney, 4 miles from Sea World and Universal can be walked in 20 minutes(we walked it every time we visited).
When we wanted a day off from the parks we spent it around the pool and spa area at the hotel,which was lovely.
My only small criticism atall would be that the shuttle that runs from the hotel to the Disney parks is not brilliant. The coaches tend to be a bit on the old side and the trip sometimes takes up to 50 minutes. This being said it is my understanding,after speaking with Brent the general manager, that this is an issue he is looking into and going to improve on.
As an overall holiday experience i can only thank the staff at International palms, myself and partner became engaged on this holiday and they certainly made everything even more memorable.

Room Tip: Just ask . The staff are very helpfull and will cater for whatever your needs are. Rooms that face i...
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
8 Thank neilblythgoe
Reviewed February 12, 2012

No alarm clock. No elevator indication bells. Not handicap friendly. No hair dryer in room.
Noisy noisy noisy. The guy in pool with live alligator was entertaining!
A.C. Unit was making loud ticking noises, and soaking floor. Purchased pay movie, watched for 5 minutes, then old T.V. Lost picture ! Staff was friendly and courteous. Sorry, I won't be coming back nor will I recommend .

• Stayed February 2012
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed February 9, 2012

I'm sitting in my room at the IPR and I've just killed 2 roaches. I've just notified the hotel and they're sending someone up as I type this. As I'm sitting here I realize that this is my fault. This the second time that I had to notify the hotel this week and I should've checked out after that incident.

Forget about the front desk clerk that reeked of cigarette smoke, the stains on the carpet, the shower that runs very hot then cold, the dirty coffee pot , and the loud AC unit. That's what you get for $50 bucks a night. BUT ROACHES ARE UNACCEPTABLE !!!

I can't sleep, I feel like something is crawling on me, and worst of all I'm afraid of taking home a few unwanted passengers in my luggage

Next time I will pay a little more just to have peace of mind.

Room Tip: Just don't stay here
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank travelcomm
Reviewed January 30, 2012

If your expecting a Ritz Carlton for this price range... then you're wrong. You need to compare apples to apples!

Best Bang for the Buck on International drive. I've stayed in all the Hotels/Motels in this price range of" $50-$60. This also included a buffet breakfast. Do ask for a renovated room!.

The one I stayed at was perfect for my needs. " Business"

Room Tip: Ask for a renovated Room!!!!!!!
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
11 Thank Californ
International P... O, General Manager at International Palms Resort & Conference Center, responded to this review, February 9, 2012
Dear Californ

Thank you for choosing the International Palms Resort Orlando for your recent visit. You are right, we are not a Ritz Carlton, but we agree-we are the “best bang for the buck on International Drive”. We are proud of our recent renovations and even more excited to be part of the new Management Company that has been brought in to improve the guest experience. When your business (or leisure) travels bring you back to Orlando, we look forward to welcoming you back!

Brent M. DeNardo
Enfield, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 29, 2012

Great hotel, not absolute luxury but perfect for an active holiday. Lovely and quite, right in the centre of Orlando AND Starbucks rich opposite!!!!!!!!!

Room Tip: Ask for a high floor room in the tower, fantastic views!!
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
6 Thank CallenFlynn
International P... O, Guest Relations Manager at International Palms Resort & Conference Center, responded to this review, February 9, 2012
Dear Peter

Thank you for your recent visit! We are delighted that you were able to have a fun holiday with your family. When your travels bring you back from Enfield, we look forward to welcoming you back!

International Palms Resort Orlando