Stayed at this Fairfield Inn & Suites as part of a family trip to Orlando that including two days in Disney World and a family visit.
Although this property is better-suited for those visiting Universal Studios (free shuttle bus available), it is reasonably convenient to Disney World as well.
(1) Suites are really good sized and fairly priced.
(2) Very clean and reasonably well-furnished rooms, especially for a Marriott budget property.
(3) Excellent breakfast included with many options (including healthy ones).
(1) Elevators. This is a six story, relatively large hotel with only two fairly slow elevators. Either there is no service elevator for the staff, or the service elevator was out-of-service, or the staff simply ignores the fact that using the guest elevators for moving of maintenance and cleaning carts seriously impacts the ability of guests to use the elevators. Waiting 12 minutes on the fourth floor for an elevator down is unacceptable.
(2) This property offers “free Internet” (wired and wireless but it is fairly low bandwidth, less than 1mb/sec that is marginally usable for anything other than simple text-based e-mail. For an extra $5 a day, they offer “enhanced speed internet.” Unlike other Marriott properties, this Fairfield property doesn't “comp” the enhanced internet charges for Marriott Gold Elite members. (All other Marriott properties that I have recently stayed at waive any and all fees for internet access or enhanced internet access for Gold Elite members!)
(3) Major Security & Safety Concern - This property has nowhere near enough parking spaces for its guests during times of peak occupancy. The parking lot is way too small, although the hotel apparently rents out some of its spaces to a taxi company! Guest automobiles were parked in fire lanes and other no parking zones as well as in parking spaces of an adjacent, poorly-lit strip mall. This parking situation was so bad that shuttle buses cannot access the hotel's front entrance, guests cannot unload luggage at the front entrance, AND emergency vehicles (such as fire trucks and EMF vehicles cannot get near the building. On the morning of December 27, we witnessed a situation where an EMF vehicle from the local fire department couldn't stop at the front entrance of the hotel to respond to an medical emergency! And when we tried to depart the premises a few hours later, our vehicle was blocked by a waiting shuttle bus that couldn't stop where it should have been able to at the front entrance due to cars parked there. Management of this property should remedy this serious safety problem ASAP by providing additional parking and properly marking areas where guests should not park!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Entire Hotel Newly Renovated March 2013. Complimentary Scheduled Shuttle to Major Theme Parks, Free Hot Breakfast Bar, Free Parking & WIFI ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Marriott, Expedia, Booking.com, Hotwire, HotelsforEveryone, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Fairfield Inn & Suites Orlando International Drive/Convention Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Orlando Hotel Orlando
- Holiday Inn Orlando
- Orlando Holiday Inn