“awesome stay”

Hilton Garden Inn Orlando at SeaWorld
Ranked #76 of 340 Hotels in Orlando
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed July 17, 2014

spent 2 night this week with my friend at this hotel, very nice service, very friendly staff, very clean room, booked a king bed with sofa and it was what i got, i loved the room and the service, everything was perfect.

Room Tip: you can always check the main hotel's web page to get more info and details about room types and...
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank me_voila02
Lori R, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Orlando at SeaWorld, responded to this reviewResponded July 21, 2014

Thank you for staying with us at the Hilton Garden Inn Orlando at SeaWorld! I'm pleased that you enjoyed your stay in our newly renovated rooms and that our friendly staff took care of you while you were here!
I see that you are from the area... please look for our Florida Resident rate specials and I hope that you will stay with us again!
All the best,

There are newer reviews for Hilton Garden Inn Orlando at SeaWorld

Reviewed July 16, 2014

My son and I stayed at this hotel because it was close to his Grad school interview as well as walking distance to SeaWorld.
We checked in and our room that we booked (2 queen beds) was unavailable due to maintenance issues. We were given a king and roll out-not too happy but the next day they assigned us a room with 2 queens and they gave us breakfast vouchers for each day of our stay.
They couldn't do enough for us.
The rooms were very comfortable and very clean-housekeeping was very prompt and efficient.
One thing to note -the guest rooms doors are on a slow close -so you need to pull them shut when entering and leaving your room-not the typical slam shut behind you door!!!
SeaWorld staff are in the lobby and there are great perks for staying at this hotel.
AAA rates make it very affordable especially to visit SeaWorld-all day dining was $10.00 each adult compared to $32.99 in the park!!!
Now that my son will be a Grad student I will be sure to stay here again when we come to visit him in the fall
Highly recommend this Hilton location.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled on business
2  Thank nancynurse73

First, let me say congratulations on your son being accepted into grad school!
I'm happy that all turned out well with your stay even though your first night with us was not in the room type you expected. Thank you for commenting on the cleanliness of our rooms and the helpfulness of our staff! We all look forward to having you stay with us again!
Safe travels!

Reviewed July 15, 2014

We stayed at this hotel on the last night of our holiday. Check in was 4pm but we arrived extremely early at 10 am and we were lucky enough to be shown our room. Way more than we expected. I think the front desk guy was Steve, he was lovely, welcoming and very efficient
Hotel spotless, comfortable recently decorated rooms and adequate pool. Will possibly return and will definitely recommend .

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank Jaysmummy2009

Thank you very much for staying with us and for acknowledging Steven! You'll be happy to know he was recently selected as our associate of the month for June!
I hope that you will stay with us again on your next holiday to Orlando!
All the best,

Reviewed July 13, 2014

My company booked me here while I attended a conference, so I did not choose this hotel. I have not previously stayed at a Hilton Garden Inn, and I'm still confused as to what market segment they are targeting. The hotel/room was spacious, (mostly) clean, the furnishings newer and comfortable, and I loved the bed and the Keurig :-) I checked in late, after midnight, and ended up in a handicap accessible room. There was paper in the trash can in the bathroom and only one coffee cup/drinking glass. I wonder if someone was checked in and asked to be moved to another room? Housekeeping was erratic - one day I got creamer, none was there at check-in, one day the toiletries were replaced, not on other days. The handle on the toilet was broken and had to be used very carefully in order to flush, and the bathtub faucet dripped continuously. Cold water dripped from the handheld shower option so I needed to be very careful not to get close to that wall while showering to avoid that surprise! There was almost no counter space around the sink - not sure if that was normal or because of the bathroom configuration to allow for a wheelchair. The restaurant didn't open until 6:30 AM, and conference sessions started as early as 7:00 AM, so no opportunity to try the breakfast. Others in my group complained that it was expensive and the menu was similar to what you get for free at other hotel chains. I did have dinner in the restaurant, and the food was fine, the servers nice if a bit slow. We were given discount coupons to use during our stay which the restaurant servers did not know how to process and caused some confusion & delay. The bartender was very nice and attentive, the front staff helpful, and the hotel was quiet. For those planning on going to Sea World I could see where this would be a convenient location. My biggest issue was that I had difficulty connecting to the WiFi through my tablet (though I could get to it from my phone). The information in the instructions in the desk did not match the WiFi options that came up on the device. It was hit-or-miss for me, sometimes the WiFi was available and sometimes not. That added difficulty since I was on business travel, but luckily I could connect from the convention center. Nothing about my stay makes me feel like searching out this hotel chain for future travel.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank GrnidgrlSeattle

Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your stay. Your comments are appreciated and help us to improve the quality and service at our hotel. Your review was discussed at a recent staff meeting so all managers are aware of the items you brought up and steps have been put in place to improve these items.
If I may be of further assistance please feel free to contact me directly.
Lori Rupp

Reviewed July 10, 2014

I stayed at the Hilton Garden Inn with my family and we loved that it was so conveniently located to all the attractions we wanted to visit. It was also very close to a large amount of dining options for us. The staff at the front desk was very courteous and helpful. The kids loved the pool area. We will definitely stay there again.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn
2  Thank Ileana A
Lori R, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Orlando at SeaWorld, responded to this reviewResponded July 14, 2014

Dear Ileana,
Thank you for choosing the Hilton Garden Inn at SeaWorld for your recent stay in Orlando! I'm glad that our location worked out well for you and that you found our staff to be courteous and helpful.
We look forward to welcoming you back in the future!
All the best!

Reviewed July 9, 2014

My son was scalded in shower by a broken shower valve. Toilet ran all night. Hallway on our floor reeked of cigarettes.

My brother and I booked adjoining rooms as our families were traveling together with small children. His room was fine.

My autistic son tried to shower, the water suddenly turned hot and he yelled for me. I could not get ANY cold water to come out of the shower. The water was SCALDING. He ran next door to finish his shower & I called the desk. Maintenance took the shower apart, and apologized that it had broken…and told us the valve was installed backwards…point to hot for cold water. Great.
Maintenance then took apart the toilet which was running. He test flushed and it seemed to work. Maintenance left.

As soon as we used the toilet it would not stop running. After a full day at the park, we wanted to sleep and turned off the toilet valve.

Beds are AWFUL. Had a hard lump in the middle on that would not adjust, felt like I was sleeping on a plywood platform.

Went downstairs to desk to complain, met James Stephens, Assistant General Manager. Could not move us to other adjoining rooms, or even my family to the same room type we had booked. Then he apologized, said Hilton Refund Guarantee did not apply since we booked through a third party. WHAT?!?

After further conversation, Mr. Stephens offered a two-night stay certificate directly through his hotel. It has been two weeks, and no certificate. I have a note written on the back of James Stephen's business card.

Poor maintenance. Poor Room Quality. Poor Customer Service.
Location was excellent.

3  Thank DisappointedMomFL
Lori R, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Orlando at SeaWorld, responded to this reviewResponded July 10, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write a review after your recent stay with us. I am truly sorry that your experience with us was not up to our usual high standards. I do appreciate your feedback and it will be shared with our management team. Your comments will help us to improve our service and quality.
I am hoping to get an opportunity to speak with you directly regarding your stay and do hope to hear from you soon. Please note that Mr. Stephens is no longer with our hotel and I feel that may be where this has fallen through the cracks.
Again, I sincerely apologize for the experience you had and ask that you please either email or call me at my contact information below so I can make this right with you. Your opinions are very important to us.
Kind Regards,
Lori Rupp
lori.rupp@hilton.com or 407-354-1500

Reviewed July 8, 2014

Once again my visit to this hotel was perfecto.
The relation between for the price.
Very clean, very peacefull.
Excelent breakfast and food.
Nice bar and swiming pool.
Enough parking place. Moore rooms.

Room Tip: Talk to Patricia!!
2  Thank elviajerouruguayo01

Thank you for taking a minute to review our hotel. I am happy that you enjoyed your stay with us! Please come back and visit us again in the future!
Take care,