“Great stay”

Hilton Garden Inn Orlando at SeaWorld
Ranked #78 of 340 Hotels in Orlando
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed March 5, 2013

I visited Orlando recently for a family wedding. The bride and groom were able to to get good deals for a wedding block, so we were all pleasantly happy with the stay and price. The workers at the front desk were very helpful and kind. I would stay here again if I were in Florida. It was also a great location, close to shopping and restaurants. The rooms were clean and to our satisfaction.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Brian S, Front Office Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Orlando at SeaWorld, responded to this reviewResponded March 12, 2013

Hello Samantha R,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay with us; we really appreciate it! We were more than happy to accommodate you and your family while you were staying with us. Should you find yourself visiting Orlando again in the future, we would be happy to have you again as our guest. Until then, take care and thanks again for your time!

Reviewed March 3, 2013

I travel a lot and know that sometimes cheaper hotels will keep the same dirty glasses or cups in the room after use, instead of replacing them with clean ones. Before using a cup or glass I always wash it myself. I used a coffee mug one morning, placed it next to the coffee pot so the housekeeping staff could see the cup was used, and assumed they'd know it needed to be replaced. I marked the cup covertly to see if the staff would simply put it back. After returning to the room later that day, I found the same dirty used cup. Imagine f my children (or yours) had checked into the room and used this cup. Imagine the potential for disease and contaminants being spread. I reported the incident to the front desk and they assured me action would be taken. I returned to the room again to find the same dirty cup with a paper top on it indicating it had been cleaned, when it was not. The cup had residue on the bottom from the creamer and sugar. Despite a call to the desk previously nothing was done. Be forewarned, if you stay here (I won't again) do not use the cups and glasses in the room. Poor housekeeping service and management very disappointed.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank sfromd

Hello Sfromd,

Thank you for your review. Please accept our sincerest apologies for the incident that you just described. I have reported it to our housekeeping manager for review to ensure that this does not happen again, so thank you for reporting it to us. If you would like to speak any further on the matter, please feel free to contact me at 407 354 1500 or by email at Noel.Sipes@hilton.com. Thanks again and have a great day!

Reviewed March 1, 2013 via mobile

If you are spending a quick weekend at SeaWorld this hotel works. We stayed for two nights and it was ok. For a Hilton Garden Inn this was below standard but you paid the same price. The pool was big, clean and nice. The rooms were below standard and need updated. The decor was ok. What needs updated were the overused faucets and toilet seat. Our toilet seat was actually yellowed from overuse/over cleaning. The hardware on the doors was all loose and overused. Our alarm clock was not in working order which was ignored. You have to pay for the buffet breakfast which in other close hotels is free. For the price I'd rather stay five minutes farther away and get a free breakfast and a better hotel. I'm disappointed in this Hilton Garden Inn as this isn't their standard. To recap, good for quick weekend. I wouldn't stay for a week here ever. I frequent Orlando a lot and I won't be staying here again because there are better hotels in the area. Note, this is not a terrible hotel at all just there are better for longer stays. Once the rooms get updated and if the breakfast is free I might try it again. Last note, they have a SeaWorld shuttle and quick queue perks so that is a plus for this hotel, but there are others near SeaWorld who have that too.

• Stayed: February 2013

Hello Octorafest,

Thank you for your review! I am happy to hear that you were able to take advantage of the free benefits that we offer our guests that are going to SeaWorld.

However, I do apologize that our hotel didn’t meet all of your standards. If you would like to speak with me personally about your stay I would love to hear from you. You may either call me a 407 354 1500 or email me at Noel.Sipes@hilton.com.

Thanks again for your time and have a great day!

Reviewed February 26, 2013

The staff of this hotel are very accomodating and always wearing a smile. We had so many questions and they answered each one patiently. When we inquired about an Italian Steakhouse to eat dinner, they knew immediately where to send us. Delmonico's of New York.
Meghan was just the best!
Rooms were clean; hotel was clean.
They also had a shuttle that took us to Sea World and back, saving a parking fee. Above and beyond exceptional service.
I will stay here again the next time I go to Orlando.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
Brian S, Front Office Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Orlando at SeaWorld, responded to this reviewResponded March 5, 2013

Hello JB,

Thank you for the complements on our friendly staff, superior service, and the unsurpassed cleanliness of our rooms! Moreover, it is pleasant to hear our shuttle service fit your needs while staying at our hotel. We’re always looking to “wow” our guests with recommendations to enhance their stay and I am delighted to hear you enjoyed Delmonico’s as much as we do. We appreciate you taking the time to write such a wonderful review for us and look forward to seeing you in the future!

Reviewed February 26, 2013

My staty at The Hilton Garden Inn was good. I was on business and I liked the free wi-fi, proximately to the Convention Center, and the front desk was helfpul. You can walk to SeaWorld from here and it's right off Interstate. I was worried I'd hear the cars on the interstate at night, but I didn't. However, I did hear people in the hallway, in the next room, and in the parking lot. For me, the hotel is great for families and tourists. If you're on business, you should know that a lot of tour buses / large groups use this hotel. We saw a bus full of people depart and another show up. Some of the rooms were damaged due to a large contingent of students from Argentina flooding a few rooms. Because of this, one of our associates were not able to stay at the hotel even though he had a reservation. Again, the staff was professional, apologized, and found him another hotel for that night. Overall, good hotel and I would recommend it to my friends with children.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business

Hello Ohiocouple,

Thank you for taking the time to write us such a nice review. It’s always a pleasure to hear we are able to exceed our business guests’ expectations. We strive to satisfy both transient and business by providing superior service and convenient amenities. However, being adjacent to SeaWorld does attract a large base of park-driven guests.

On another note, I apologize for the inconvenience of your coworker and his check in experience. Occasionally circumstances are out of our control; I’m pleased to hear we were able to accommodate your co-worker and even pay for the one night stay at our sister hotel for the inconvenience. Thanks again and we hope to see you soon!

Reviewed February 23, 2013 via mobile

Location is ok, but there are many options that are closer to restaurants, etc. Rooms could use updating (faucets had a constant drip). If you have to pay for breakfast, you should be able to order from a menu, not have a buffet as the only option (I don't like community food).
No taxis to be found, I ended up calling the guy who dropped me off from the airport.

• Stayed: February 2013

Hello Hiltongirl357,

I’m glad to hear that our location was desirable for you. Our close proximity to SeaWorld makes us a destination hotel for many park-goers. We’ve just recently renovated our lobby areas and are excited to say that our rooms will be renovated soon! Additionally, I understand the conundrum in paying for a full buffet when you prefer smaller items and/or portions. However, we do offer a continental option, for less than the full buffet in an attempt to try and accommodate our guests’ needs. Furthermore, our staff would be happy to get your individual items as to avoid the buffet items. Hopefully we see you in the future!

Reviewed February 20, 2013

Sorry, my English is not very good.
In early February, I took my daughter to live in the hotel for six days. Environment and facilities of the hotel, we are satisfied.
But in the meantime, an unpleasant thing.
The night of Feb. 1, the hotel's shuttle bus did not follow the appointment from Disneyland then back to the hotel.
I and the children at the bus stop until the 22:00 shuttle bus did not appear.
We cold and fatigue, but also very angry.
Finally, we spent $ 20 other bus ride back to the hotel.
When we negotiate this matter and the hotel reception staff when we encountered a very cold service personnel, we are very unfortunate.
Unfortunately, I do not have a clear record under his name, but I remember his face profound.
He treated us very cold, no smile, annoyance and contempt. We feel that to be respected and valued.
At that time, we asked three questions:
First, why did not pick up our shuttle bus?
Second, to this end, we paid the $ 20 fare, this should not be borne by us.
Third, in the future, please ensure that shuttle bus is on time, in accordance with the convention.
For our problems, he did not go to implement and resolve.
He said: "because of traffic jams, there is no way to guarantee on time because I not see happening in the future."
He then said to be behind the guest services, ignored for us.
We have to wait for a period of time, he was still not satisfied with the service given to us.
I said are the facts.
For the entire event, I hope to get a satisfactory answer and explain.
Let's see the hotel treated guests quality service and sincere.
I hope you can understand my English.

Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank li p
Brian S, Front Office Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Orlando at SeaWorld, responded to this reviewResponded February 25, 2013

Hello Li P,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us.

First, I would like to apologize for the language barrier issue that you experienced. I am very sorry that we weren’t able to communicate easier.

Secondly, please accept our sincerest apologies regarding the shuttle experience. We do provide this complimentary shuttle service for the convenience of our guests but unfortunately it is true that on rare occasions it can be delayed by unforeseen traffic conditions.

If you would like to speak with me directly regarding this issue, I would welcome the opportunity to make things right. Please contact me either by email at Noel.Sipes@hilton.com or by phone at 407-354-1500. Thanks again and have a great day!