“a very cold service personnel” 2 of 5 stars

Hilton Garden Inn Orlando at SeaWorld
Ranked #95 of 338 Hotels in Orlando
GreenLeadersSilver level
Tianjin, China
“a very cold service personnel”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2013

Sorry, my English is not very good.
In early February, I took my daughter to live in the hotel for six days. Environment and facilities of the hotel, we are satisfied.
But in the meantime, an unpleasant thing.
The night of Feb. 1, the hotel's shuttle bus did not follow the appointment from Disneyland then back to the hotel.
I and the children at the bus stop until the 22:00 shuttle bus did not appear.
We cold and fatigue, but also very angry.
Finally, we spent $ 20 other bus ride back to the hotel.
When we negotiate this matter and the hotel reception staff when we encountered a very cold service personnel, we are very unfortunate.
Unfortunately, I do not have a clear record under his name, but I remember his face profound.
He treated us very cold, no smile, annoyance and contempt. We feel that to be respected and valued.
At that time, we asked three questions:
First, why did not pick up our shuttle bus?
Second, to this end, we paid the $ 20 fare, this should not be borne by us.
Third, in the future, please ensure that shuttle bus is on time, in accordance with the convention.
For our problems, he did not go to implement and resolve.
He said: "because of traffic jams, there is no way to guarantee on time because I not see happening in the future."
He then said to be behind the guest services, ignored for us.
We have to wait for a period of time, he was still not satisfied with the service given to us.
I said are the facts.
For the entire event, I hope to get a satisfactory answer and explain.
Let's see the hotel treated guests quality service and sincere.
I hope you can understand my English.

Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank li p
Brian S, Front Office Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Orlando at SeaWorld, responded to this review, February 25, 2013
Hello Li P,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us.

First, I would like to apologize for the language barrier issue that you experienced. I am very sorry that we weren’t able to communicate easier.

Secondly, please accept our sincerest apologies regarding the shuttle experience. We do provide this complimentary shuttle service for the convenience of our guests but unfortunately it is true that on rare occasions it can be delayed by unforeseen traffic conditions.

If you would like to speak with me directly regarding this issue, I would welcome the opportunity to make things right. Please contact me either by email at Noel.Sipes@hilton.com or by phone at 407-354-1500. Thanks again and have a great day!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (203)
ct
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2013

I stayed for two nights, two adults, in January 2013. It was a great location for Seaworld and Discovery Cove. You can get your discount card for Seaworld shopping and to get in the quick lines for rides at the hotel concierge desk. There are a ton of brochures for area things to do. The hotel isn't far from a downtown area with a lot of restaurants and shops. The shuttle is free to and from Seaworld, the walk seems a bit farther than you would think since it's at the back end of the Seaworld parking lot. But if you don't mind a little walk it's certainly ok. The room was very clean, Everything worked and was clean, except the soda machines in the halls. None of them worked. There is a tiny convenience "store" area at the front desk with some drinks and snacks and typical needed items. You can use the business office with computers next to the front desk. Very convenient for printing boarding passes. There is free wifi and it worked well. The restaurant area is small but the food was good. I would stay here again if it fits into my travel plans in the future!! Recommend for anyone wanting a great, clean, close hotel to the Seaworld and sister attractions. The staff was very pleasant and helpful. Highly recommend Seaworld and Discovery Cove. I have been twice to Discovery and three times to Seaworld and still love it and plan on returning to both. The dolphin encounter is great, if you have a special occassion ask about the celebration package there, it was worth every penny for the memory.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Hello Staci75,

Let me start by saying that it was our pleasure to host your stay while you were visiting SeaWorld and Discovery Cove. I’m happy to hear that our amenities were convenient for your needs, as well as our rooms being very clean and wifi working well throughout your stay. We welcome your second stay with us, as soon as you are ready to return!
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

I must say I was extremely impressed with the cleanliness and the customer service in this property. From the Front Office Manager Mr. Sipes, to the Night Auditor, the Front Desk Agent, Concierge and Housekeepers everyone was outstanding. Always going above and beyond to ensure we were satisfied. This has officially become my new getaway destination. I can't wait to return in May. Thank you everyone, keep up the good work.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Hello ILuganoHotel,

Thank you so much for your review and kind words! We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay and I will definitely pass this review along to the rest of our staff so that they will get the recognition that they deserve. We are also pleased to hear that you will be returning in May and when you do, please stop by and say hi. Have a great day!
Manitoba
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

Was here for another business trip. The main lobby area has been renovated since I was there last, though I didn't think it needed to be. Rooms have not been updated though. Air conditioners can be loud when they kick on overnight, I recommend leaving the fan on. It isn't a business hotel specifically, but it seems more family oriented as times go on. There was a huge group of 15 year old girls there (taking up 2 floors). They didn't cause any issues, but they tie up resources like elevators, etc...

Only 2 things I can say about potentials for improvement...

1.) Even though the front desk is 24 hrs, it looks deserted in the early am (5 am). Lights were dimmed real low, and they don't put out any coffee or anything until 6 am. 5 am isn't that early, especially for a business hotel.
2.) The gym is small.

I would absolutely stay again. Staff was great, location is fantastic, and more and more restaurants/stores are being built around it.

Room Tip: Even number rooms face Disney, odd face SeaWorld
Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Hello AC_A340,

Thank you for your latest review; we sincerely appreciate your loyalty!

I do apologize about the coffee. While we do technically put it in the lobby at 6am, there is always some available and there is always someone staffed that will be more than happy to get it for you out of our kitchen.

We are thrilled that you have chosen us as your home away from home while you are in Orlando and please, if there is anything I can do for you the next time you are with us, just let me know. Thanks again and have a great day!
Huntsville, Alabama
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

My husband and I were visiting Orlando for business and a mini vacation. We chose this hotel because we originally planned to visit SeaWorld, but we never got a chance. We did not realize that there was a hotel shuttle to DisneyWorld, so once they told us that at the front office, we chose to take advantage of that. (Be sure and ask for a shuttle time sheet when you check-in.) You could easily walk to SeaWorld though- which we planned to do if we would have went. As far as the hotel- very nice place to stay! Wonderful front desk- very friendly! The rooms are nice and comfortable. We would definitely choose to stay here again if we visit Orlando!

Room Tip: There were recommendations on here to request a hotel on the side facing SeaWorld. We lucked out and...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars
Brian S, Front Office Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Orlando at SeaWorld, responded to this review, February 19, 2013
Hello Amie H,

Thank you for sharing your experience with everyone on Trip Advisor! We are pleased that you were able to take advantage of our free shuttle services, and that our staff was friendly towards you and your husband. It’s that level of service, and reviews like these, that we strive so hard for. You stated that you will “definitely choose to stay here again” and I can tell you that we look forward to serving you in the future. Thank you again for your time and have a wonderful day!
Fort Benning, Georgia, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2013

It is located near to Seaworld - walking distance of about 10 min and this will save the parking fee if you intend to drive. They also provide good breakfast and service. Will be one of our choice if we are to come again.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Anni_Lim
Hello Anni_Lim,

Thank you for writing your review! I am glad that you appreciate our proximity to SeaWorld and that you enjoyed the breakfast and the service we provided to you. More importantly, I am glad that you will choose to stay here again. When you do, please let me know so I can thank you in person for you review. Until then, have a great day!
Cypress, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2013

I was attending a conference next to the property, and I was able to save some money by staying at the Hilton Garden Inn compared to the event hotel, which I was able to walk to, next door.

However, this is a hotel for tourist who are going to Sea World, and not really a business travelers hotel. There were crying babies, with their parents walking the halls at 2am both mornings trying to get their kids to sleep, while keeping everyone else awake. I am sure they had other kids in their rooms, and did not want to disturb their sleep, but everyone else was wide awake for hours listening to their others child cry. The hotel management did nothing to solve the issue, after several tries, this is a time I should have had ear plugs.

The food was great at the breakfast bar, and the staff was over all very good.

Next time I will spend the extra money and stay at the conference/event site and not cheap out on the budget.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Hello Swampscott-Traveler,

Thank you for taking the time to write this review. With regard to the noise issue you experienced, I see in our logs that the issue was reported and responded to, but I do apologize that it wasn’t handled to your satisfaction. In the future we will do a better job of responding to these calls since due to our proximity to the convention center, we get a lot of business travelers who are very important to us. Again, please accept our sincerest apologies.

All that being said, I am happy that you enjoyed our food and that you found our staff to be “very good.”

I hope that you do not give up on us. If you do decide to give us another chance please feel free to contact me directly and I will see to it that you receive a nice quiet room. Thanks again and have a great day!