“3rd Time. Still no Complaints” 4 of 5 stars

Hilton Garden Inn Orlando at SeaWorld
Ranked #95 of 338 Hotels in Orlando
GreenLeadersSilver level
Manitoba
“3rd Time. Still no Complaints”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

Was here for another business trip. The main lobby area has been renovated since I was there last, though I didn't think it needed to be. Rooms have not been updated though. Air conditioners can be loud when they kick on overnight, I recommend leaving the fan on. It isn't a business hotel specifically, but it seems more family oriented as times go on. There was a huge group of 15 year old girls there (taking up 2 floors). They didn't cause any issues, but they tie up resources like elevators, etc...

Only 2 things I can say about potentials for improvement...

1.) Even though the front desk is 24 hrs, it looks deserted in the early am (5 am). Lights were dimmed real low, and they don't put out any coffee or anything until 6 am. 5 am isn't that early, especially for a business hotel.
2.) The gym is small.

I would absolutely stay again. Staff was great, location is fantastic, and more and more restaurants/stores are being built around it.

Room Tip: Even number rooms face Disney, odd face SeaWorld
Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Brian S, Front Office Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Orlando at SeaWorld, responded to this review, February 25, 2013
Hello AC_A340,

Thank you for your latest review; we sincerely appreciate your loyalty!

I do apologize about the coffee. While we do technically put it in the lobby at 6am, there is always some available and there is always someone staffed that will be more than happy to get it for you out of our kitchen.

We are thrilled that you have chosen us as your home away from home while you are in Orlando and please, if there is anything I can do for you the next time you are with us, just let me know. Thanks again and have a great day!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (203)
Huntsville, Alabama
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

My husband and I were visiting Orlando for business and a mini vacation. We chose this hotel because we originally planned to visit SeaWorld, but we never got a chance. We did not realize that there was a hotel shuttle to DisneyWorld, so once they told us that at the front office, we chose to take advantage of that. (Be sure and ask for a shuttle time sheet when you check-in.) You could easily walk to SeaWorld though- which we planned to do if we would have went. As far as the hotel- very nice place to stay! Wonderful front desk- very friendly! The rooms are nice and comfortable. We would definitely choose to stay here again if we visit Orlando!

Room Tip: There were recommendations on here to request a hotel on the side facing SeaWorld. We lucked out and...
    • 5 of 5 stars
Brian S, Front Office Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Orlando at SeaWorld, responded to this review, February 19, 2013
Hello Amie H,

Thank you for sharing your experience with everyone on Trip Advisor! We are pleased that you were able to take advantage of our free shuttle services, and that our staff was friendly towards you and your husband. It’s that level of service, and reviews like these, that we strive so hard for. You stated that you will “definitely choose to stay here again” and I can tell you that we look forward to serving you in the future. Thank you again for your time and have a wonderful day!
Fort Benning, Georgia, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2013

It is located near to Seaworld - walking distance of about 10 min and this will save the parking fee if you intend to drive. They also provide good breakfast and service. Will be one of our choice if we are to come again.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Anni_Lim
Hello Anni_Lim,

Thank you for writing your review! I am glad that you appreciate our proximity to SeaWorld and that you enjoyed the breakfast and the service we provided to you. More importantly, I am glad that you will choose to stay here again. When you do, please let me know so I can thank you in person for you review. Until then, have a great day!
Cypress, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2013

I was attending a conference next to the property, and I was able to save some money by staying at the Hilton Garden Inn compared to the event hotel, which I was able to walk to, next door.

However, this is a hotel for tourist who are going to Sea World, and not really a business travelers hotel. There were crying babies, with their parents walking the halls at 2am both mornings trying to get their kids to sleep, while keeping everyone else awake. I am sure they had other kids in their rooms, and did not want to disturb their sleep, but everyone else was wide awake for hours listening to their others child cry. The hotel management did nothing to solve the issue, after several tries, this is a time I should have had ear plugs.

The food was great at the breakfast bar, and the staff was over all very good.

Next time I will spend the extra money and stay at the conference/event site and not cheap out on the budget.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Hello Swampscott-Traveler,

Thank you for taking the time to write this review. With regard to the noise issue you experienced, I see in our logs that the issue was reported and responded to, but I do apologize that it wasn’t handled to your satisfaction. In the future we will do a better job of responding to these calls since due to our proximity to the convention center, we get a lot of business travelers who are very important to us. Again, please accept our sincerest apologies.

All that being said, I am happy that you enjoyed our food and that you found our staff to be “very good.”

I hope that you do not give up on us. If you do decide to give us another chance please feel free to contact me directly and I will see to it that you receive a nice quiet room. Thanks again and have a great day!
Charlotte, North Carolina
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013

I am a die-hard Hilton guy so when my family and I decided to stay in Orlando for 1 week to go to Universal Studios and SeaWorld, I leaned heavily towards a Hilton property that was a good value and close to both destinations.

Here are the pros for this hotel: great buffet and made to order breakfast, you can't get any closer to SeaWorld but 10 minutes to Universal Studios, close to a lot of good restaurants and shopping.

Here are the cons for this hotel: sub-par service, very loud housekeeping, and although it wasn't a problem for us, this hotel is next door to an institution for teens with mental challenges complete with 10 foot fences to keep 'them' on property.

Perhaps the biggest problem I had with this hotel and why I will never stay there again is this. My wife has a phobia of elevators so we tend to stay on lower floors. We were placed on the 5th floor, asked repeatedly for a lower floor but no rooms were available for the length of our stay. My wife is a trooper so not a really big deal. Here's the knock: location of stairwells. There are 2 at this hotel. To get to the first stairwell, you have to walk through a banquet/meeting room. So if there is an event taking place (and there was one from 7 AM to 9 PM every day of our stay), then you either have to walk through the event and interrupt them to get to the stairwell or you go to the second one. The second one is through the kitchen and staff quarters. Every time we went this route, we were basically interrogated for going through this area to get to the stairwell. So when we went back to the first stairwell, the group that was holding the event complained and the Hotel General Manager mandated that we go back to the second one.

For most people reading this review, this won't really play into the process of perhaps selecting this hotel. I will tell you that for us, this was a deal killer and we won't ever return.

I hope this helps. Thanks.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 stars
2 Thank Brian C
Brian S, Front Office Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Orlando at SeaWorld, responded to this review, February 21, 2013
Hello Brian C,

I appreciate you taking the time to share your experience with us. It’s through this feedback from our guests that we are able to learn and grow.

I do apologize that our stairwell wasn’t in a location that was convenient for you. We do have two sets of stairwells, though it is very rare that anyone requests to use them since we have elevators. When these situations do arise, we are always more than happy to assist our guests by escorting them to whichever stairwell is most convenient for them.

Regarding our location, while we do appreciate your concern, there are many businesses surrounding the facility located between us and SeaWorld. None of us have ever had any issues with them.

If you there is anything else you’d like to discuss regarding your stay here, I would certainly welcome that. You can reach me at 407 354 1500 or at Noel.Sipes@hilton.com. Thank you for your time and have a wonderful day!
TN
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2013

Clean room, super staff, very good breakfast bar. Stay is close to convention centers and on trolley line to many good restaurants. I was there one week and my room was always kept very clean, staff responded quickly to a request. Internet access was excellent (on 6th floor) and generally quiet during the night. One note of interest was that i didn't hear police, fire or ambulance sirens the entire time I was there. Coincidence? I don't know, but hope it was the location.

• 5 of 5 stars
Brian S, Front Office Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Orlando at SeaWorld, responded to this review, February 8, 2013
Hello Prschatz,

I’d like to start by thanking you for your time and your review! It sounds like you appreciated everything from our “super staff” to our “very good breakfast bar” and we are certainly glad to hear that. When you are back in the area please think of us, we’d love to have you as our guest again. Have a wonderful day!
Florida, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2013

Toenails on the carpet! Housekeeping left lots to be desired. Other than the toenail, the hotel was OK. Good location. Near restaurants and Seaworld and convention center. Not within walking distance, though.

• 2 of 5 stars
    • 4 of 5 stars
Brian S, Front Office Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Orlando at SeaWorld, responded to this review, February 12, 2013
Hello Lee K,

Thank you for your review. I would like to apologize for the issue that you experienced but I am happy to hear that you think we are in a good location. We are within walking distance of SeaWorld and we do have several restaurants within walking distance of our hotel as well. If you would like to discuss your stay with me any further, I would be happy to hear from you. You can reach me at 407 354 1500 or by email at Noel.Sipes@hilton.com. Thank you and have a great day!