“Okay place but I would keep looking around” 2 of 5 stars

Hilton Garden Inn Orlando at SeaWorld
Ranked #89 of 334 Hotels in Orlando
GreenLeadersSilver level
Charlotte, North Carolina
“Okay place but I would keep looking around”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013

I am a die-hard Hilton guy so when my family and I decided to stay in Orlando for 1 week to go to Universal Studios and SeaWorld, I leaned heavily towards a Hilton property that was a good value and close to both destinations.

Here are the pros for this hotel: great buffet and made to order breakfast, you can't get any closer to SeaWorld but 10 minutes to Universal Studios, close to a lot of good restaurants and shopping.

Here are the cons for this hotel: sub-par service, very loud housekeeping, and although it wasn't a problem for us, this hotel is next door to an institution for teens with mental challenges complete with 10 foot fences to keep 'them' on property.

Perhaps the biggest problem I had with this hotel and why I will never stay there again is this. My wife has a phobia of elevators so we tend to stay on lower floors. We were placed on the 5th floor, asked repeatedly for a lower floor but no rooms were available for the length of our stay. My wife is a trooper so not a really big deal. Here's the knock: location of stairwells. There are 2 at this hotel. To get to the first stairwell, you have to walk through a banquet/meeting room. So if there is an event taking place (and there was one from 7 AM to 9 PM every day of our stay), then you either have to walk through the event and interrupt them to get to the stairwell or you go to the second one. The second one is through the kitchen and staff quarters. Every time we went this route, we were basically interrogated for going through this area to get to the stairwell. So when we went back to the first stairwell, the group that was holding the event complained and the Hotel General Manager mandated that we go back to the second one.

For most people reading this review, this won't really play into the process of perhaps selecting this hotel. I will tell you that for us, this was a deal killer and we won't ever return.

I hope this helps. Thanks.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 stars
2 Thank Brian C
Brian S, Front Office Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Orlando at SeaWorld, responded to this review, February 21, 2013
Hello Brian C,

I appreciate you taking the time to share your experience with us. It’s through this feedback from our guests that we are able to learn and grow.

I do apologize that our stairwell wasn’t in a location that was convenient for you. We do have two sets of stairwells, though it is very rare that anyone requests to use them since we have elevators. When these situations do arise, we are always more than happy to assist our guests by escorting them to whichever stairwell is most convenient for them.

Regarding our location, while we do appreciate your concern, there are many businesses surrounding the facility located between us and SeaWorld. None of us have ever had any issues with them.

If you there is anything else you’d like to discuss regarding your stay here, I would certainly welcome that. You can reach me at 407 354 1500 or at Noel.Sipes@hilton.com. Thank you for your time and have a wonderful day!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (206)
TN
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2013

Clean room, super staff, very good breakfast bar. Stay is close to convention centers and on trolley line to many good restaurants. I was there one week and my room was always kept very clean, staff responded quickly to a request. Internet access was excellent (on 6th floor) and generally quiet during the night. One note of interest was that i didn't hear police, fire or ambulance sirens the entire time I was there. Coincidence? I don't know, but hope it was the location.

• 5 of 5 stars
Brian S, Front Office Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Orlando at SeaWorld, responded to this review, February 8, 2013
Hello Prschatz,

I’d like to start by thanking you for your time and your review! It sounds like you appreciated everything from our “super staff” to our “very good breakfast bar” and we are certainly glad to hear that. When you are back in the area please think of us, we’d love to have you as our guest again. Have a wonderful day!
Florida, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2013

Toenails on the carpet! Housekeeping left lots to be desired. Other than the toenail, the hotel was OK. Good location. Near restaurants and Seaworld and convention center. Not within walking distance, though.

• 2 of 5 stars
    • 4 of 5 stars
Brian S, Front Office Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Orlando at SeaWorld, responded to this review, February 12, 2013
Hello Lee K,

Thank you for your review. I would like to apologize for the issue that you experienced but I am happy to hear that you think we are in a good location. We are within walking distance of SeaWorld and we do have several restaurants within walking distance of our hotel as well. If you would like to discuss your stay with me any further, I would be happy to hear from you. You can reach me at 407 354 1500 or by email at Noel.Sipes@hilton.com. Thank you and have a great day!
Maracaibo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2013

Special thanks from the Galban-Zavala family to:
- Miss Patricia Levine
- Mr. James Stephens, and
- The great staff of the dining room for breakfast
All them made our visit and stay in Orlando the BEST vacation trip in years.

The Hotel is strategically located near to SeaWorld complexes, access routes to Disney & Universal parks and major Outlets for shopping is immediate.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Hello Jesus_Galban,

Thank you so much for your review! We deeply appreciate the feedback, especially when it’s as great as this. We are pleased that you and your family enjoyed your stay with us. I will be sharing your kind words with regard to Patricia and Stephen to the rest of our staff to make sure that they get the recognition they deserve. We hope to see you again soon. Thanks again and have a great day!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here in 2010 and really enjoyed our stay. Nice clean property inside and out. Very helpful staff. The only complaint i have is with tge area they have set up for shuttle boarding its too close to the front of the hotel causes congestion. Location is awesome easy walk to seaword basically in parking lot of theme park.

• Stayed September 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars
Brian S, Front Office Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Orlando at SeaWorld, responded to this review, January 31, 2013
Hello Lovesthesmokies4ever,

Thank you so much for writing about your experience at our hotel! We are always happy to hear from our guests. Thank you for recognizing our “clean property” and “very helpful staff.” I will be sharing these comments with our staff to make sure they get the recognition they deserve. We hope to see you again soon!
Jackson, Mississippi
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013

This is a great location for Peace in the midst of the Orlando tourist congestion that exists on International Blvd. It is close to the convention center (west concourse). I would only add sliding doors for the back for better wheelchair accessibility and for people lugging luggage on the carts. I wish I had had time to enjoy the outdoor fire pit! But there is always next time...and there will be a next time!

Hello Thoughtful C,

Thank you for sharing your experience on Trip Advisor! I am glad to hear that you found “peace” at our hotel and that you will be returning to enjoy our new outdoor fire pit. When you return, please feel free to reach out to me at Noel.Sipes@hilton.com if I can be of assistance with anything. Have a great day!
APOPKA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013 via mobile

While in Orlando I stayed at the Hilton garden inn it was very clean and the service was outstanding , it is very easy to get in and out of I would highly recommend staying here . Easy to get to all the theme parks in the area.

• Stayed December 2012
1 Thank 1971ST
Hello 1971st,

Thank you for choosing to stay at our hotel and we greatly appreciate you highly recommending us! We are glad that you found us to be “very clean” and that our “service was outstanding.” That’s certainly the kind of feedback we like to receive. Thanks again and we hope to see you back soon!