“Beautiful Hotel”

Hilton Garden Inn Orlando at SeaWorld
Ranked #78 of 341 Hotels in Orlando
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed September 23, 2012

After my first experience with any Hilton Garden Inn, all I can say is...WOW!!! Beautiful hotel, lobby, and room. Clean as a whistle, no complaints at all. They even let us check in four hours early! The staff were all very professional and accommodating. I received a great rate of $75 including tax, plus I was able to qualify for Hilton's Best Rate Guarantee, which means I will get a $50 AMEX gift check in the mail. WHAT A DEAL!!! We were going to Universal during our stay, so the location was a bit far, but the hotel itself more than made up for that! We did have one room maintenance issue during our stay. I was not feeling well during the day and decided a warm bath may do the trick, so I laid in the bath for about half an hour. When I was about to get out, there was a knock on the door. The hotel engineering personnel somewhat rudely accused me of overflowing the tub over the sides, which I did not! The carpet in the hallway outside my room was full of water and they claimed it was affecting the lower floors as well. I understand, maintenance issues do arise and it wasn't the hotel's fault. They had to move our room in the middle of our stay. While moving my room, the man at the front desk was very apologetic and asked if he could do anything to help make it up to me, so he gave my girlfriend and I free breakfast vouchers for the inconvenience. Great customer service; he truly went above and beyond what I expected! By the way, the breakfast buffet at the hotel was absolutely phenomenal; great food! While I did not have a chance to use the jacuzzi and pool, they both looked very nice and clean and many other guests were enjoying them both. I would stay here again in a heartbeat!

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the side of the hotel facing the parks, not towards I-4.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Brian S, Front Office Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Orlando at SeaWorld, responded to this reviewResponded October 5, 2012

Hello Goldstein2749,

Thank you for taking the time to share your review! We are very happy to hear that you found our hotel to be clean and beautiful. Please think of us when you are in the area; we would have to have you as our guest again. Have a great day!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,940)

Reviewed September 20, 2012

Another excellent stay. I did notice prior to arrival the signs of " Under Construction " on the web site and as a traveler I can appreciate the heads up. Though construction might have been going on I never once heard anything or had any inconvenience due to this. Actually the new construction of the Lobby & new carpeting looks good. Traveling here for 9 years now, I can honestly say that this Hotel has a great staff all around & I will continue to travel here with any with out my family for years to come. Thanks you again for a great stay & look forward to seeing the completed renovation.

Room Tip: If you travel a lot, high floors & stay away from elevators.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
Brian S, Front Office Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Orlando at SeaWorld, responded to this reviewResponded September 23, 2012

Hello Dstoffer,

Thank you so much for the review and thank you for your understand with regard to our renovation process. I am happy to see that you can appreciate what we are doing for our guests. As always, we are glad we could servce you and we can't wait to see you again. Have a great day!

Reviewed September 12, 2012

I recently stayed at this hotel for an onsite training course. The place was under construction all day while they are remodeling. Hammers going, pool area not accessible, sanding over top of us while we are eating and paint bruses left where our food was being offered. The place was a mess. When I requested they discount the rooms for my company, they said I should have known they were under construction by looking on their website. Not going to stay here again. A rental car would be a good idea for people who decide to stay here. I would be VERY disappointed if I had my family here.

1  Thank MD_Traveler74
Reviewed September 11, 2012

Stayed here for 5 nights recently due to a business trip. Hotel was undergoing some renovations, so things weren't ideal, but good enough. Front desk and breakfast area were moved in to the meeting rooms. So there was no lack of service or anything, and a pretty seamless renovation. The only downside is that the renos were going on next to the bar, and the noise was quite loud while in the bar, but that was the only inconvenience.

Room was clean, bed was great, air conditioner worked well. Wifi is really patchy in the rooms. Kept getting booted off, and had to reconnect. It's a weak signal. The gym is pretty small, and should be better equipped with more free weights. The biggest one there is only 15 lbs. Cardio equipment was in good shape, but the floor space is minimal, so that's pretty much all you can do. Stairs are difficult to use if you'd rather do stairs than the elevator (hidden behind meeting rooms which makes them difficult to find).

No real restaurants within short walking distance, though there is a Starbucks in the Renaissance Hotel next door. No shopping or anything within walking distance either. Outlet malls are about 3 miles away. You will most likely require a car while staying here just to get around. Location is slowly being built up, but still seems under-utilized. It's close to pretty much everything. Right beside SeaWorld, 10 mins to Disney, 5 mins to Convention Center and I-Drive, and 15 mins to Universal.

I'll probably be back here, but it's much better suited for business trips than families on vacation.

Room Tip: Odd number rooms face SeaWorld, High floor even-number rooms can see the Disney fireworks every nigh...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
Brian S, Front Office Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Orlando at SeaWorld, responded to this reviewResponded September 14, 2012

Hello AC_A340,

Thank you for your review! We really appreciate you taking the time to write a review on each of your visits to our property.

We are glad that you enjoyed your stay once again and that you have an understanding when it comes to our renovation process. I hope that you will choose to stay with us again and if you do, please feel free to reach out to me so that I may do something to show you our appreciation.

Thanks again and have a wonderful day!

Reviewed September 11, 2012 via mobile

They were doing some work downstairs. This wasn't a problem though. Great breakfast options (hot, cold, fruit, etc.). Easy to drive to I-drive and the convention center. Clean, comfortable rooms (with new towels). Accommodating staff. Mini-fridge, microwave, coffee - in room.

• Stayed: September 2012

Hello Cathy S,

Thank you for your review! Also, thank you for your understanding in regards to our renovations. We hope that you will be back soon so you can see the beautiful results. When you return please let me know so that I can do something to show you our appreciation.

Thanks again and have a great day!

Reviewed September 7, 2012

Very nice location, walk to Seaworld!(And Free quick que service) Staff was very very pleasant and answered any requests immediately. Breakfast buffet was really good, especially cooked to order omelettes. It was a charge for breakfast, but free to Hilton gold and diamond members. Hotel was extremely clean. Pool area was tidy.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Brian S, Front Office Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Orlando at SeaWorld, responded to this reviewResponded September 10, 2012

Hello Worldtraveller9008,

We really appreciate you taking the time out of your day to give everyone a review of your visit with us. I have passed your comments on to our staff so that they will recieve the recognition they deserve. I hope to see you again soon. Thanks again and have a great day!

Reviewed September 4, 2012

Location, location, location!!! If you are looking for a clean, quick and easy hotel near all of the attractions- this is your hotel! This hotel is located just off of I-4. You can see SeaWorld out of the window! All of the Disney attractions are 10 minutes away. Universal is 10 minutes the other way! The hotel was very clean. We had no issues checking in. The customer service was very delightful. It appeared that the restaurant was very good and that the attraction ticket counter was very accessible! We did not use either- but both were hopping when we were checking out!
Overall, this is a very nice hotel. Not sure I would stay here more than just a couple nights. But if you are looking for a nice place to stay that is quick and easy- the Hilton Garden Inn Orlando is your place to stay!!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank jjm16
Brian S, Front Office Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Orlando at SeaWorld, responded to this reviewResponded September 5, 2012

Hello JJim16,

Thank you for writing your review here! I am thrilled that you like our location so much and that you found our "customer service" to be "very delightful." We hope to see you again soon! Thanks again and have a great day!