“Average”

GreenLeadersGold level
A TripAdvisor Member
Tampa, Florida
Reviewed November 17, 2013

This hotel was average, I have stayed in much better Hilton Garden Inns. The bathroom was not the best. When going anywhere you had to pay too many tolls which made our stay a little unpleasant. There also wasn't anything in the hotel restaurant to eat if you had food allergies like I do.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn
HGI-MCO, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Orlando Airport, responded to this reviewResponded December 6, 2013

Dear guest,

I really appreciate your taking the time to share your disappointment with your recent stay. I want to personally apologize for any inconvenience that you may experience. I can certainly understand and appreciate your concerns.

Once again, please accept my most sincere apologies and I cannot thank you enough for expressing your concerns.

Should you have any question please do not hesitate to contact us directly at the hotel.

Reviewed November 17, 2013

The location is great with Walgreens, restaurants and other hotels within walking distance. The staff at the front desk are very friendly and helpful and gave us 50% off the breakfast buffet. The food at the buffet was pretty bad and with our discount tickets the cost was more than $6/person. The restaurant service was horrible as we needed to chase the servers down to bring us more water, bring our bill then pick up our bill. The pool is very cool and not heated. However, the bartender was very friendly and helpful and the wine is good with a heavy pour!

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear guest “Chai B”

Your effort and time in sharing your comments surrounding your experiences during your last stay is most appreciated and something we take very seriously. Please accept my sincere apologies for any inconvenience you may have experienced during your visit.

We are constantly monitoring the performance of our team member to make sure our valuable guests as yourself is welcome with an efficient and pleasant front desk procedure that provides the accommodations and service you expect. We want our guests to be met with a well-trained staff that puts guest comfort and satisfaction before everything else. I am sorry if this was not your experience. I can assure you that a disciplinary action have been done addressing this incident.

Once again, please accept my most sincere apologies and I cannot thank you enough for expressing your concerns to me; I hope that you can give us the chance to proof to you how serious we take this issues and how important you are for us.

Reviewed November 14, 2013

When we fly into Orlando to visit family on the east coast we usually get in late and stay near the airport before driving over the next morning. My go to hotel is the Hilton Garden Inn MCO. The staff is very friendly, the service is always consistently good and the accommodations are clean and comfortable. Our most recent stays were during and then shortly after renovations and the new lobby looks modern and inviting. The restaurant offers a very good breakfast and my only disappointment from our last stay was having to leave before the restaurant opened in order to catch an early flight.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest “Charlie W”,

I would like to thank you for taking time out of your busy schedule to write about your experience during your stay at the Hilton Garden inn Orlando Airport.

We know that when traveling our guests have many options to choose from and we value and deeply appreciate your loyalty and support. Your comments have been communicated to all our associates and posted in our bulletin board as a reminder of how much we can impact our guests in a positive way and a job well done.

We are looking forward to welcome you, friends and family members to once again provide you with an outstanding level of service and nothing less.

Reviewed November 13, 2013

This Hilton Garden Inn was very well appointed, clean, and well maintained. I had the breakfast buffet every day, and it was delicious with many healthy choices. The waitress knew my preferences for beverage and condiments by the third day and I didn't need to ask. The staff was very friendly and always helpful. This is a great place to stay and one of the few I have stayed at in Florida that didn't smell unpleasantly humid.

Dear Guest “BryanB5”,

I would like to thank you on behalf of my team at the Hilton Garden Inn Orlando Airport and myself for your kind comments on our performance and your experience on your stay.

We know that when traveling our guests have many options to choose from and only great service and cleanliness will made our guests to come back and refer others as well. We value and deeply appreciate your loyalty and support.

Every single employee of this hotel prides themselves in the quality of their work striving for 101% to exceed our family guest's expectations every day.

Our daily goal is to provide our guests like yourself an outstanding level of service so we can exceed your expectations and nothing less.

Reviewed November 13, 2013

Very clean and comfortable room located only minutes from the Orlando Airport and Downtown. Easy walking distance to several near by hotel facilities. The event I attended took place at the Marriott, it took me about 2 minutes to walk there and I got to walk around a nice pond along the way.

Dear Guest “pgarcia123”,

We are looking forward to welcome you to once again provide you with an outstanding level of service and nothing less.

Reviewed November 12, 2013

The Hilton Garden Chain is obviously making an effort to renovate ther properties- I've stayed in several HGI locatons and this hotel follows that trend. This week I had to stay at a hotel near the Orlando airport and chose this hotel because the last time I was in Orlando it was being renovated.

The hotel lobby is very nicely decorated. The sitting area has comfy chairs and sitting areas that are very inviting. It's like being in a living room- (a pretty big living room). The evemig I was there, it was filled with people working , having a bite to eat or a drink. The outside area had comfortable chairs arranged around a fire pit.

The carpeting was new in the hallways ( a pet peeve of mine- so many hotels the carpeting in the hallways are pretty yucky) and the rooms were nice as well.

My only gripe is that you can hear the sound of the planes taking off.

Dear guest “bayforest3205”

I would like to thank you for taking the time to share your experience during your stay.

We want our guests to have the best experience possible where everything is in place, of the highest quality, and in perfect working order. We know that when traveling our guests have many options to choose from and we value and deeply appreciate your loyalty and support.

We are looking forward to welcome you, friends and family so we can once again exceed your expectations and nothing less.

Reviewed November 7, 2013

Wanted to stay in a hotel close to the airport, so picked the Hilton Garden Inn. The staff is very professional and friendly. This hotel is kept clean, which is always something I look for when traveling. My bed was very comfortable. Having a good TV with multiple channels was a bonus. The business center is a little small (2 computers), but the equipment is up to date and in good condition. The breakfast is a buffet, which is pricey ($12 something). They do offer a continental breakfast, but it is limited. Without a car, restaurant choices outside the Hilton Garden are somewhat limited. The hotel restaurant was pretty good, but they don't have capacity to handle large groups. A party of eleven people showed up before us, so we were told it would take 45 minutes before we could get served. We ate at another restaurant that night. In summary, nice staff and a clean room, but food choices kind of limited without a car.

Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business

Dear guest “M H”:

We are constantly monitoring the performance of our team member to make sure our valuable guests as yourself is welcome with an efficient and pleasant staff procedures that provides the accommodations and service you expect. We want our guests to be met with a well-trained personnel that puts guest comfort and satisfaction before everything else.

I hope that you can give us the chance and contact me directly to proof to you how serious we take this issues and how important you are for us.

We value you as a guest, and I do want you to know that your concerns are our concerns!.