“Remodeling but worth the stay”

Hilton Garden Inn Orlando Airport
Ranked #94 of 340 Hotels in Orlando
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed July 28, 2013

My family of 3 stayed overnight prior to flying to Costa Rica, First of all, they are remodeling the lobby so they had a makeshift lobby/bar/breakfast area in a downstairs room. The staff the night of July 18th were so attentive that the remodeling was never a distraction. The rooms were remodeled already.The free hot breakfast was very good. The hotel offered a shuttle to and from airport which was prompt and offer a $5.00/night parking fee if you are flying out of town I would certainly stay again,.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
HGI-MCO, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Orlando Airport, responded to this reviewResponded July 29, 2013

Dear guest “HEARTPA”,

I would like to thank you on behalf of my team at the Hilton Garden Inn Orlando Airport for your kind comments on our performance and your experience on your stay.

We know that when traveling our guests have many options to choose from and we value and deeply appreciate your loyalty and support. Your comments have been communicated to all our associates and posted in our bulletin board as a reminder of how much we can impact our guests in a positive way and a job well done.

Every single employee of this hotel prides themselves in the quality of their work striving for 101% to exceed our family guest's expectations every day. Thank you very much for your support and understanding while we are working to improve our hotel for your enjoyment.

We are looking forward to welcome you, family and friends to once again provide you with an outstanding level of service and nothing less.

Reviewed July 18, 2013

My husband and I stayed here overnight because we had a morning flight and the hotel was very close to the airport in an area with many other well known hotel brands. I had reserved online and from the pictures it looked like a nice hotel, not luxurious but certainly more than acceptable. As soon as we drove up we saw that the lobby area was sealed off and that the registration area was moved into the dining room. We walked in and the staff was very friendly but they had done nothing to make their new registration area appealing. It was set up on a long work table that was very cluttered. We got our room and when we parked around the back and walked in the main floor was very seedy looking. The carpet was worn out and everything looked used and dingy. Once we got to our room though on the second floor it looked as if the carpet on that floor had been replaced. The furnishings in the room and the linens looked very nice and there was an updated coffee maker and a big desk area. The bathroom though looked old and the fixtures definitely needed an update. There were so many other hotels in that location to choose from so I would not plan on staying there again.

Room Tip: If you stay there do not stay on the ground level.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear guest “neisie13”:

I would like to thank you for taking time out of your busy schedule to write about your experience during your stay at the Hilton Garden inn Orlando Airport.

We want our guests to have the best experience possible where everything is in place, of the highest quality, and in perfect working order. I am sorry if that was not the case during your stay. Unfortunately there is never a good time to start a renovation in a hotel.

For the past year we have been doing our renovation in phases so we can avoid as much as possible to inconvenience our guests and their experience; last October we finished all our guestrooms and hallways, except for the hallway on the first floor because taking in consideration our current lobby renovation we didn’t want the new carpet to be damage so carpet on the first floor will be the last item to go in.

Hilton Garden Inn Orlando Airport values your patronage – we want you as our loyal guest! Again, please accept my most sincere apologies, and hope you will allow us the opportunity to serve you again in the future and shows you the improvements in our product for your enjoyment.

Reviewed July 18, 2013

My friends and I stayed over after our cruise on 07.04. The hotel is going through renovations, so it was understandable for me that there were things that were a little off. The check in process went smoothly. The hotel has a dry erase board for guests feedback b/c of the renovations. I thought that was cute. :) My room was very clean and the bathroom was emaculant. It wasn't a good look to have the room numbers taped to the doors themselves, but again understandable. The lobby area was cramp during breakfast as the Front Desk area is moved, but breakfast was complimentary. Oh - and Maria was wonderful! Bright and bubbly in the mornings. And she was able to accomodate my requests in a timely manner. Every staff member that I encountered had a smile on their face and very approachable. Loved the location of the hotel. Very convenient for shopping and restaurants Overall, I would definately stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends

Dear guest “Chrystal B”,

Your effort and time in sharing your comments surrounding your experiences during your last stay is most appreciated and something very important to me.

A good stay begins and ends with an efficient and pleasant front desk procedure that provides the accommodations and service you expect. We want our guests to be met with a well-trained staff that puts guest comfort and satisfaction before everything else; thank you very much for your support and understanding.

We want our guests to have the best stay possible where everything is like new, in place, of the highest quality, and in perfect working order; unfortunately, there is never a good time to start a renovation. However, we are very grateful to all our guest for being understanding and bare with us during this process. We are trying our best to avoid any disruption of their experience during their stay but at the same time it is very exciting to share with our guests the improvements of our hotel.

Reviewed July 16, 2013

Had an early flight out of MCO, so was looking for a comfortable place to stay the night before. The HGI fit the bill. Located about a mile from the airport, nestled in what I would call a hotel circle (suburban style) this place couldn't have been better. The staff are great -- they picked me up from MCO after I dropped off my rental car and were able to accommodate my early am flight with a free shuttle. Very quiet, garden style property, clean, actually spotless rooms, very helpful staff. Chain restaurants nearby include Tony Romas and Chilis, plus an on site restaurant I didn't try. Good bet for a one night stay.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business

Dear Guest “capitollobbyist”,

I would like to thank you on behalf of my team at the Hilton Garden Inn Orlando Airport and myself for your kind comments on our performance and your experience on your stay.

We know that when traveling our guests have many options to choose from and only great service and cleanliness will made our guests to come back and refer others as well. We value and deeply appreciate your loyalty and support.

Our daily goal is to provide our guests an outstanding level of service so we can exceed their expectations and nothing less.

Reviewed July 12, 2013

I had never stayed in an HGI before this. It was one night before a cruise at Port Canaveral. The hotel has a free airport shuttle that was nice. It was comfortable. We had 6 people in two rooms. The beds were fine to me. The air worked well. The front desk was helpful. My partner actually forgot his toothbrush. He asked the front desk if they had one. They did not. They didn't hesitate they say they will have someone go to another hotel and get one. So while I thought it was silly they didn't have one. I appreciated they didn't just say no and instead went out of their way and helped us.

The rooms were average nothing special but not bad. I did have breakfast the next day. I was confused as to what was cost what and what you had to pay for. I end up having the more expensive breakfast by accident. The service was blah for breakfast probably better off going out of the hotel. I was in a rush though so best option for me.

On a side note I wanted some champagne from the little market by the front desk. They had the worst champagne ever. So I would just avoid that.

I would stay here again when convenient.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank DallasZach

Dear guest “DallasZach”,

Your effort and time in sharing your comments surrounding your experiences during your last stay is most appreciated and something we take very seriously. Please accept my sincere apologies for any inconvenience you may have experienced during your visit.

A good stay begins and ends with an efficient and pleasant front desk procedure that provides the accommodations and service you expect. We want our guests to be met with a well-trained staff that puts guest comfort and satisfaction before everything else..

We want our guests to have the best stay possible where everything is like new, in place, of the highest quality, and in perfect working order. Last October we did a complete renovation of our guestrooms and last month we just finished the carpeting and wall vinyl in all our floors hallways; as always with our guests in mind to avoid any inconvenience during their stay. Once again I am sorry if your bedroom was not what you expected.

In reference to our specific brand as Hilton Garden Inn, we have two types of breakfast options which are Continental and Buffet and are not included in the nightly rate like in other hotel brands. However, we do have a variety of packages that includes breakfast as well in some of the Hilton Garden Inn’s worldwide.

Once again, please accept my most sincere apologies and I cannot thank you enough for expressing your concerns.

Reviewed July 9, 2013

My stay here was amazing! All staff members where friendly and ready to assist me for my every need. The person who my stay the most enjoyable was Maria at the front desk. She was always with a smile, asked how myself and the rest of my family was doing and making sure that my stay was flawless. Because of Maria, I will be back!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank jgonz730
HGI-MCO, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Orlando Airport, responded to this reviewResponded July 12, 2013

Dear Guest “jgonz730”,

Our team prides themselves in the quality of their work striving for 101% to exceed our family guest's expectations every day.

We are looking forward to welcome you, friends and family members to once again provide you with an outstanding level of service and nothing less.

Reviewed July 8, 2013

Very nice hotel, clean and close to the airport and shopping center. We only stayed at hotel for one night and felt fortunate enough that it was only for one night. Hotel is going through a renovation, lobby is not accessible. They did offer free brekfast in the morning, but there wasn't really any place to sit and eat due to the renovation. Rooms, are kind of old and also need to be renovated, they have tried to showcase that bathrooms are new by adding a granite countertop. Overall, the hotel is close to the airport and old.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank tasyed786

Dear Guest “tasyed786”,

I would like to thank you on behalf of my team at the Hilton Garden Inn Orlando Airport for taking the time out of your busy schedule and write a comment about our hotel and your experience during your stay.

As you mentioned we are currently renovating our lobby and restaurant to make sure that all our guests have the best experience that we can possibly offer.

Unfortunately there is never a good time to start a renovation and even thou we finished last November all our guestrooms, became 100% Non Smoking and also upgraded our wireless internet; we couldn’t delay the rest of the common areas any longer.

Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience that you may encounter during your stay due to our improvements but we are trying to get it done as soon as possible so our guests can really enjoy our new modern and upscale new look.