“Great place for a stopover”

Hilton Garden Inn Orlando Airport
Ranked #76 of 337 Hotels in Orlando
GreenLeadersGold level
Saint Augustine Beach, Florida
“Great place for a stopover”
Reviewed July 16, 2013

Had an early flight out of MCO, so was looking for a comfortable place to stay the night before. The HGI fit the bill. Located about a mile from the airport, nestled in what I would call a hotel circle (suburban style) this place couldn't have been better. The staff are great -- they picked me up from MCO after I dropped off my rental car and were able to accommodate my early am flight with a free shuttle. Very quiet, garden style property, clean, actually spotless rooms, very helpful staff. Chain restaurants nearby include Tony Romas and Chilis, plus an on site restaurant I didn't try. Good bet for a one night stay.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
HGI-MCO, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Orlando Airport, responded to this review, July 29, 2013
Dear Guest “capitollobbyist”,

I would like to thank you on behalf of my team at the Hilton Garden Inn Orlando Airport and myself for your kind comments on our performance and your experience on your stay.

We know that when traveling our guests have many options to choose from and only great service and cleanliness will made our guests to come back and refer others as well. We value and deeply appreciate your loyalty and support.

Every single employee of this hotel prides themselves in the quality of their work striving for 101% to exceed our family guest's expectations every day.

Our daily goal is to provide our guests an outstanding level of service so we can exceed their expectations and nothing less.

Alex Blanco

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
Richardson, Texas
Reviewed July 12, 2013

I had never stayed in an HGI before this. It was one night before a cruise at Port Canaveral. The hotel has a free airport shuttle that was nice. It was comfortable. We had 6 people in two rooms. The beds were fine to me. The air worked well. The front desk was helpful. My partner actually forgot his toothbrush. He asked the front desk if they had one. They did not. They didn't hesitate they say they will have someone go to another hotel and get one. So while I thought it was silly they didn't have one. I appreciated they didn't just say no and instead went out of their way and helped us.

The rooms were average nothing special but not bad. I did have breakfast the next day. I was confused as to what was cost what and what you had to pay for. I end up having the more expensive breakfast by accident. The service was blah for breakfast probably better off going out of the hotel. I was in a rush though so best option for me.

On a side note I wanted some champagne from the little market by the front desk. They had the worst champagne ever. So I would just avoid that.

I would stay here again when convenient.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank DallasZach
Dear guest “DallasZach”,

Your effort and time in sharing your comments surrounding your experiences during your last stay is most appreciated and something we take very seriously. Please accept my sincere apologies for any inconvenience you may have experienced during your visit.

A good stay begins and ends with an efficient and pleasant front desk procedure that provides the accommodations and service you expect. We want our guests to be met with a well-trained staff that puts guest comfort and satisfaction before everything else..

We want our guests to have the best stay possible where everything is like new, in place, of the highest quality, and in perfect working order. Last October we did a complete renovation of our guestrooms and last month we just finished the carpeting and wall vinyl in all our floors hallways; as always with our guests in mind to avoid any inconvenience during their stay. Once again I am sorry if your bedroom was not what you expected.

In reference to our specific brand as Hilton Garden Inn, we have two types of breakfast options which are Continental and Buffet and are not included in the nightly rate like in other hotel brands. However, we do have a variety of packages that includes breakfast as well in some of the Hilton Garden Inn’s worldwide.

Once again, please accept my most sincere apologies and I cannot thank you enough for expressing your concerns.

We are looking forward to welcome you, family and friends to once again provide you with an outstanding level of service and nothing less.

Miami
Reviewed July 9, 2013

My stay here was amazing! All staff members where friendly and ready to assist me for my every need. The person who my stay the most enjoyable was Maria at the front desk. She was always with a smile, asked how myself and the rest of my family was doing and making sure that my stay was flawless. Because of Maria, I will be back!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank jgonz730
HGI-MCO, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Orlando Airport, responded to this review, July 12, 2013
Dear Guest “jgonz730”,

I would like to thank you for taking time out of your busy schedule to write about your experience during your stay at the Hilton Garden inn Orlando Airport.

Our team prides themselves in the quality of their work striving for 101% to exceed our family guest's expectations every day.

We are looking forward to welcome you, friends and family members to once again provide you with an outstanding level of service and nothing less.

Reviewed July 8, 2013

Very nice hotel, clean and close to the airport and shopping center. We only stayed at hotel for one night and felt fortunate enough that it was only for one night. Hotel is going through a renovation, lobby is not accessible. They did offer free brekfast in the morning, but there wasn't really any place to sit and eat due to the renovation. Rooms, are kind of old and also need to be renovated, they have tried to showcase that bathrooms are new by adding a granite countertop. Overall, the hotel is close to the airport and old.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank tasyed786
Dear Guest “tasyed786”,

I would like to thank you on behalf of my team at the Hilton Garden Inn Orlando Airport for taking the time out of your busy schedule and write a comment about our hotel and your experience during your stay.

As you mentioned we are currently renovating our lobby and restaurant to make sure that all our guests have the best experience that we can possibly offer.

Unfortunately there is never a good time to start a renovation and even thou we finished last November all our guestrooms, became 100% Non Smoking and also upgraded our wireless internet; we couldn’t delay the rest of the common areas any longer.

Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience that you may encounter during your stay due to our improvements but we are trying to get it done as soon as possible so our guests can really enjoy our new modern and upscale new look.

limavady,Northern Ireland.
Reviewed July 4, 2013

My wife and I have now stayed in this Orlando airport hotel on three occasions during recent months. We have found the staff to be exceptionally professional,friendly and helpful. The rooms are very comfortable and pleasantly decorated. We use the hotel as a stopover to deal with jet lag a we travel from Ireland to visit family in Nassau, Bahamas.
The free shuttle bus to and from the airport is so very convenient and reliable. It takes the hassle out of travel. When we arrive in the hotel,registration is easy and the friendly welcome so lovely.
On our visit in June 2013,the hotel reception area was being refurbished but all processes had been thought through so that guests were not inconvenienced in any way. They even provided half price drinks and an excellent complimentary breakfast. When we requested a late checkout time the next day before catching a late flight to Dublin,there was no problem. We were able to relax at the lovely little pool before catching the shuttle bus.
Thank you staff at The Hilton Gardens Inn,Orlando airport for your customer service. We will be back!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank sgreilly21
Dear guest “sgreilly21”,

I would like to thank you on behalf of my team at the Hilton Garden Inn Orlando Airport for your kind comments on our performance and your experience on your stay.

We know that when traveling our guests have many options to choose from and we value and deeply appreciate your loyalty and support. Your comments have been communicated to all our associates and posted in our bulletin board as a reminder of how much we can impact our guests in a positive way and a job well done.

Every single employee of this hotel prides themselves in the quality of their work striving to exceed our family guest's expectations every day.

Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed June 26, 2013 via mobile

This hotel was in a great location. It's in walking distance to many restaurants. The hotel and staff were perfect. Rooms are extremely clean and well kept. I will return again and recommend to friends and family.

• Stayed October 2012
HGI-MCO, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Orlando Airport, responded to this review, June 28, 2013
Dear Guest “Londa_Wash”,

We are looking forward to welcome you to once again provide you with an outstanding level of service and nothing less.

Wesley Chapel, United States
Reviewed June 21, 2013

Great stay! looking forward to seeing the renovation! Breakfast staff extremely friendly which is great when traveling with kids! Convenient to be near airport, utilized shuttle. Clean lobby, nice room!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

2 Thank Lisa Marie H
Dear Guest “Lisa Marie H”,

I really appreciate your taking the time to share your experience with your recent stay.

We are trying as much as possible to minimize any impact to our guest experience during this time while we are reinventing our lobby, restaurant and common areas. Unfortunately, the beginning for the most part is always the more difficult. On the other hand, it is good to know that all our guestrooms were remodeled last November and that our guests are not being affected on this area.

Having said that, I cannot be more grateful to all my guests like yourself for being so understanding and excited as we are with the anticipation of how it will look after everything is set and done.

I really appreciate your comments and all of my guest’s feedback which it helps us to address and correct right away and to the best of our abilities.

We are working in a daily basis to try not just to minimize the impact in our guests but also to get it done as soon as possible so we can all enjoy our new hotel.

Again, thank you for making the effort to share your thoughts, your support and understanding.

We value you as a guest, and I want you to know that your complete satisfaction is our concerns and daily goal.