“Typical Hilton Garden Inn, with poor airport shuttle”

Hilton Garden Inn Orlando Airport
Ranked #75 of 335 Hotels in Orlando
GreenLeadersGold level
Simsbury, Connecticut
“Typical Hilton Garden Inn, with poor airport shuttle”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 2, 2013

This is a fairly typical Hilton Garden Inn. It's clean, pleasant, comfortable and in good condition. The beds were comfortable, it has a nice TV, good desk space, nice linens, and acceptable toiletries. The breakfast ($10) has a nice variety of hot and cold food, or you can get a la carte items for a few dollars. The outdoor pool is small. The exercise room has nice fairly new equipment. The hotel is within walking distance of several other hotels and simple restaurants (e.g. Friday's, Hooters, etc.). There is also an acceptable very casual restaurant in the hotel, which offers a basic lunch and dinner menu. There is some airplane noise in the hotel room, however unless you are a very light sleeper it is really not a problem at all. I took the shuttle to and from the airport and it was late each time. If you take the shuttle, allow extra time for this. Other than the shuttle problems, this is a very nice hotel.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
HGI-MCO, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Orlando Airport, responded to this review, May 13, 2013
Dear guest “Flintstone1234”,

I really appreciate your taking the time to share your experience with your recent stay at the Hilton Garden inn Orlando Airport. I want to personally apologize for the inconvenience you may experience with the shuttle service. I can assure you that your comments have been addressed.

A good stay begins and ends with an efficient and pleasant front desk procedure that provides the accommodations and service you expect. We want our guests to be met with a well-trained staff that puts guest comfort and satisfaction before everything else.

I would like to thank you for your loyalty and support to the Hilton Brand and specially our property where as per your comments I can say that we delivered a great service. I cannot stress enough how important it is for me that our guest’s concerns are addressed immediately to ensure their satisfaction.

Once again, please accept my apologies and we look forward to welcome you, friends and/or family members to once again exceed your expectations.

Alex Blanco

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
Providence, Rhode Island
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 28, 2013 via mobile

Spent a quick overnight at the Hilton Garden Inn Orlando Airport. Hotel is beautiful, staff friendly, room was spacious, clean, and the bed was VERY comfortable!! Zero complaints! I did not utilize the restaurant, so cannot comment. Hotel has a nice pool, free fast wifi, gym, business center...and that was what I could see. Small store for snacks or other personal items, laundry, free coffee in the lobby :) and cookies on arrival. Thanks for a restful evening!

Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
HGI-MCO, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Orlando Airport, responded to this review, April 29, 2013
Dear guest “eppoh4”,

I would like to thank you on behalf of my team at the Hilton Garden Inn Orlando Airport for your kind comments on our performance and your experience on your stay.

We know that when traveling our guests have many options to choose from and we value and deeply appreciate your loyalty and support. Your comments have been communicated to all our associates in our bulletin board as a reminder of how much we can impact our guests in a positive way and a job well done.

We are looking forward to welcome you, family and friends to once again provide you with an outstanding level of service and nothing less.

Hudson, Florida, Usa
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2013

The front desk staff will fix any problem you may have, the beds are the best I have slept on in years, the WiFi and business centre are superb with the added feature you can print from your tablet direct into the business centre printer. The only failure was the advertised "heated pool" never as this pool been heated with the ancient gas heater, total fabrication.

Room Tip: All floors are good but pool side is quietest.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
HGI-MCO, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Orlando Airport, responded to this review, April 12, 2013
Dear Guest “Alan L”,

I would like to thank you on behalf of my team at the Hilton Garden Inn Orlando Airport for taking the time out of your busy schedule and write a comment about our hotel and your experience during your stay.

We know that when traveling our guests have many options to choose from and we value and deeply appreciate your loyalty and support. Your comments have been communicated to all our associates and posted in our bulletin board as a reminder of how much we can impact our guests in a positive way and a job well done.

We are constantly monitoring the performance of our team member to make sure our valuable guests as yourself is welcome with an efficient and pleasant front desk procedure that provides the accommodations and service you expect. We want our guests to be met with a well-trained staff that puts guest comfort and satisfaction before everything else. I am sorry if this was not your experience. I can assure you that this has been addressed and steps have been taken to make sure situations like this don’t happen again.

Our team prides themselves in the quality of their work striving for 101% to exceed our family guest's expectations every day.

We are looking forward to welcome you, friends and family members to once again provide you with an outstanding level of service and nothing less.

Hampshire
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 1, 2013

We just wanted somewhere close to the airport for 1 night and this was a great choice. We arrived at the airport around 5pm, weren't clear about how to get the shuttle to the hotel so jumped in a taxi. Apparently we should have rung the hotel. Shuttle back to airport next morning worked perfectly.
Staff were very friendly and helpful. Breakfast was good. We had a lovely room overlooking the pool, and a nice stretch of the legs wandering round near the hotel.
Our first time using a Hilton Garden Inn but would do so again.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest “JudyW1”,

I would like to thank you for taking time out of your busy schedule to write about your experience during your stay at the Hilton Garden inn Orlando Airport.

Madison, Alabama
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 27, 2013

The hotel is lovely and our room decor was very attractive. Unfortunately our bed was lumpy and hard as a rock. We had a terrible night's sleep - not quite 5 hours and left feeling exhausted before our flight. I metioned this to the hotel staff. We will cross this one off our list even though it's location is convenient and the property itself is beautiful.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear guest kitchenqueen76,

I really appreciate your taking the time to share your disappointment with your recent stay. I want to personally apologize for the lack of rest that you experience during your one night stay due to the level of firmness of the mattress.

We want our guests to have the best stay possible where everything is like new, in place, of the highest quality, and in perfect working order. Our king beds are equipped with a mechanism “Garden Inn Sleep System Mattress” that allow them to be adjust for more or less levels of firm.

However, our Queen beds are the regular type of mattress that I’m sure you will find more enjoyable. I am sorry you couldn’t enjoy your night sleep during that short time with us but I hope that you can give us a second chance and experience our Queen beds on your next trip.

I really appreciate your comments and all of my guest’s feedback which it helps me to address and correct things from a different source and point of view.

Again, thank you for making the effort to share your thoughts. We value you as a guest, and I do want you to know that your concerns are our concerns!.

We value you as a guest, and I want you to know that your concerns are our concerns and my main goal is to make sure that your satisfaction is exceeded.

Orange Park, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 26, 2013

We took our Girl Scouts on a weekend getaway trip to Sea World. They loved the hotel pool! The adults loved the great customer service, very welcoming attitude and the cleanliness. 2 thumbs up to JASMINE for being so accommodating with all of our requests, changes and last minute add ons. Kudos!!

Room Tip: Not really a bad room location!
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
HGI-MCO, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Orlando Airport, responded to this review, March 27, 2013
Dear guest “Allison L”,

We know that when traveling our guests have many options to choose from and we value and deeply appreciate your loyalty and support. Your comments have been communicated to all our associates including Jasmine, and posted in our bulletin board as a reminder of how much we can impact our guests in a positive way and a job well done.

Every single employee of this hotel prides themselves in the quality of their work striving for 101% to exceed our family guest's expectations every day.

Omaha
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 20, 2013

I can't say enough good things about this place! My husband travels a ton and is a gold member so we stayed here for two nights with honor points plus $$. They breakfast was amazing and the staff was so very friendly. We flew out early Monday morning and they were so good about picking my husband up from the airport Sunday evening after he returned the rental car. We took the complimentary shuttle to the airport at 5 am, they let us leave things behind the desk Sunday night, helped us load things Monday morning, offered us fruit to take with us, AND even sent a car a SECOND time when we forgot a few things at the hotel. Sooooo nice, all very willingly. Truly cannot say enough good things about these guys. The hotel itself was very pretty, a few things in the room were slightly haggard, but the convenience of an amazing breakfast along with a microwave and fridge more than made up for some slightly worn carpet. Would definitely recommend, they know how to cater to travelers!

Room Tip: overlooking the pool was nice
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
HGI-MCO, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Orlando Airport, responded to this review, March 22, 2013
Dear Guest “VickiOmaha”,

I would like to thank you on behalf of my team at the Hilton Garden Inn Orlando Airport and myself for your kind comments on our performance and your experience on your stay.

Your comments have been communicated to all our associates and posted in our bulletin board as a reminder of the level of service that we promise to provide to our valuable guests. This is a clear example of how much we can impact our guests in a positive way and a job well done.

We know that when traveling our guests have many options to choose from and only great service and cleanliness will made our guests to come back and refer others as well. We value and deeply appreciate your loyalty and support.

Every single employee of this hotel prides themselves in the quality of their work striving for 101% to exceed our guest's expectations every day.

Once again I would like to thank you for your feedback and we look forward to welcome you, friend and family member to your home away from home.