“This hotel over booked and apparently lost my reservation.”

Hilton Garden Inn Orlando Airport
Ranked #73 of 340 Hotels in Orlando
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed November 8, 2012 via mobile

The front desk clerk and hotel manager were rude and unaccomodating. They lost my hotel reservation. When I showed them my confirmation, it meant nothing to them. They obviously have process issues. They didn't even offer to assist in finding a new hotel or trandportation. There are much better less expensive places nearby.

• Stayed: November 2012
HGI-MCO, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Orlando Airport, responded to this reviewResponded November 14, 2012

Dear Guest Charr-less,

I really appreciate your taking the time to share your disappointment with your recent reservation. I want to personally apologize for the frustration you experienced.

It is extremely important to me to make sure that regardless the situation surrounding your original booking, we do whatever we can to assist our valuable guests.

I have contacted our front office and reservation departments in regards to your comments and I will really appreciate if you can please contact me directly at the hotel to discuss further at 407-240-3725.

We value you as a guest, and I do want you to know that your concerns are my concerns.

There are newer reviews for Hilton Garden Inn Orlando Airport

Reviewed November 6, 2012

Stayed here just for 1 night on arrival into orlando airport. Hotel has free shuttle to and from airport. The hotel was clean as was the room. Quite comfortable. Went out to have dinner and when we returned at around 10.30 the bar was closed so we couldn't have a nightcap. Not a major problem but normally we would sit at the bar for a short time before retiring. Staff were very friendly and attentive. The hotel felt quite cosy and a bit like a bed and breakfast guest house rather than part of a large hotel group. Didn't use any of the facilities as we were only on an overnight stay.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank truereviewChorley

Dear Guest truereviewChorley,

I would like to thank you on behalf of my team for your kind comments on our performance and your experience on your stay.

We know that when traveling our guests have many options to choose from and we value and deeply appreciate your loyalty and support. We want our guests to have the best stay possible where everything is like new, in place, of the highest quality, and in perfect working order.

We are looking forward to welcome you, family and friends to once again provide you with an outstanding level of service and nothing less.

Reviewed November 5, 2012

I have stayed here before, 2 years ago. It still has the same nice amenities and professional staff. It is clean, has a shuttle, pool, fitness room, outside patio and restaurant and bar. In walking distance of a few restaurants.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank SBoyd_10

Dear Guest “SBoyd_10”,

I would like to thank you for taking time out of your busy schedule to write about your experience during your stay at the Hilton Garden inn Orlando Airport.

We are looking forward to welcome you to once again provide you with an outstanding level of service and nothing less.

Reviewed October 30, 2012

We loved the accommodations and the ambiance was incredible from time you walk in. Staff is eager to help as you walk in. Although it is primarily for business types it is very accommodating to families and had breakfast and dinner available if so desired. If you wished to go outside the hotel there were a great number of restaurants for every palate. I look forward to staying there again, look them up for the best rates on Hotwire or Priceline

• Stayed: October 2012
1  Thank JanetPowers

Dear JanetPowers,

I would like to thank you on behalf of my team at the Hilton Garden Inn Orlando Airport for your kind comments on our performance and your experience on your stay.

We know that when traveling our guests have many options to choose from and we value and deeply appreciate your loyalty and support. Your comments have been communicated to all our associates and posted in our bulletin board as a reminder of how much we can impact our guests in a positive way and a job well done.

Reviewed October 29, 2012

I stayed at the Hilton Garden Inn Orlando Airport location for one night on 10/21/12. My husband was going to Arizona for a business trip and I was tagging along but his flight left Sunday night and mine on Monday morning so I wanted to stay somewhere very close to the airport, with an airport shuttle, that was nice but inexpensive. I booked this stay through Hotwire for $59.

When we arrived at the hotel, the Front Desk Agent, Joseph, was very friendly. He welcomed us, asked if we needed the airport shuttle, asked our preference for what floor, etc. He also pointed out the Pantry Pavillion and breakfast facilities, and offered us fresh cookies.

We went to our originally assigned room, at the end of Floor 4, and unfortunately, it smelled of cigarette smoke. It was a non-smoking room, but I am allergic and very sensitive to the smell of smoke. I tried to call down to the front desk but neither phone in the room was working so we walked back down to the front desk. Joseph, the Front Desk Agent, apologized profusely and said that he would give us a room on a totally different floor to make sure that we could not smell the smoke smell and that he would have someone check the room out right away. He also offered for us to get anything we would like from the Pantry Pavillion to make up for the trouble.

While I would typically be put out by having to change rooms, I felt like this was something that could happen that could potentially be out of the hotel's control, and I felt like it was addressed promptly, courteously, and satisfactorily so that is why I am still rating the hotel so high. The room itself was very nice. Nothing extravagant, but more than comfortable. It had a nice Queen/King bed, a sitting area, a desk, tv area, etc. The room overlooked the pool which looked nice but standard. The room and bathroom were very clean. My only complaint about the room itself is that the bed wasn't quite as comfy as I like. It had the adjustable firmness controls for each side but we never could get it as soft as I prefer. Also, I could hear some noise from the departing airplanes from the airport, but this is hardly in the hotel's control and to be expected so close to the airport.

The airport shuttle was on-time and took less than 15 minutes (the hotel is only 1 mile from the airport; however, the shuttle does make stops at other properties). Overall, this room was perfect for what I needed - a comfortable room, very close to the airport, free airport shuttle, safe location. There weren't any frills, but this definitely lives up to what a 3 1/2 start hotel would be. I wouldn't necessarily come here on vacation because who wants to stay near an airport on a trip, but if you are traveling in or out of MCO, I would absolutely recommend this property.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Kayla W

Dear Mrs. Kayla W,

I really appreciate you taking the time to share your comments about your stay at the Hilton Garden Inn Orlando Airport.

I know how important it is to have a room that meets your expectations. As you mentioned unfortunately there are some things that are out of the hotel’s control. However, it is part of our values at the Hilton Garden Inn Orlando Airport to use this as an opportunity to standout and wow our guest with excellent customer service.

Please accept my apologies for the discomfort that you encountered with the bed not being as soft as you wanted. We value you as a guest, and I want you to know that I truly appreciate your time and comments; your concerns are our concerns and my main goal is to make sure that we exceed your expectations.

Should you have any question please do not hesitate to contact me directly at the hotel.

Reviewed October 21, 2012

Basically it was all that I expected and wanted. We were looking for a place near to the airport and for our cruise the week following. Bought the stay via an online bidding website. Although it looked as if every person in the hotel was eating at the breakfast buffett our stay did not include the breakfast buffett. Odd.

All in a good value and we would stay there again.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Poov
HGI-MCO, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Orlando Airport, responded to this reviewResponded October 22, 2012

Dear Guest Poov,

I really appreciate your taking the time to share your experience with your stay.

We want our guests to be met with a well-trained staff that puts guest comfort and satisfaction before everything else and we take pride in our hotel, our service and specially all our loyal guests.

In reference to the Breakfast not being included; must hotels have special promotions / packages that may or may not include breakfast and / or other amenities based on a wide range of reasons; however, please feel free to contact me directly at the hotel if you have any question or need further assistance.

We value you as a guest, and I do want you to know that your comments and suggestions are very important to me because it helps me not just to meet but most important exceed our guests expectations.

Reviewed October 13, 2012

Stayed one night due to proximity to MCO + special long-term parking arrangements. Affordable, convenient, clean, recently remodeled/freshened up - pretty much just what I was looking for prior to my early morning flight.

Travis/Front Desk Mgr on the night shift was spot on while handling my check-in and arranging my request to use their early morning courtesy shuttle to MCO. Then his shuttle driver inexplicably left 5 minutes earlier than the shuttle's assigned departure time. Travis quickly managed to source a second shuttle, and within 5 minutes I was picked up by a second shuttle which allowed me to get to MCO on time for my flight

Travis truly understands what 'Customer Service' means. He's an excellent ambassador for this hotel. Based on how he quickly salvalged what could have been a very bad day for me, Travis will be very successful in his future career/business pursuits

• Stayed: October 2012
6  Thank roaches02
HGI-MCO, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Orlando Airport, responded to this reviewResponded October 15, 2012

Dear Guest “roaches02”,

I would like to thank you on behalf of the Hilton Garden Inn Orlando Airport’s team for your comments about your stay and one of our valuable members (Travis).

Every single employee of this hotel prides themselves in the quality of their work striving for 101% to exceed our guest's expectations every day. Your comments have been posted in our bulletin board as a reminder of how much we can impact our guests in a positive way and a job well done.

In reference to the shuttle service I really appreciate your input and I can assure you that I will follow up with the driver and supervisor to ensure that this doesn’t happen again.

We are looking forward to welcome you, your family and friends to once again provide you with an outstanding level of service and nothing less.