“No surprises, pleasant stay”

Hilton Garden Inn Orlando Airport
Ranked #76 of 340 Hotels in Orlando
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed September 15, 2011

I made this reservation as a last minute check-in via Priceline. I got an excellent deal and was very pleased with my stay at this property. The location was great, very close to MCO. The check in was quick and friendly. I liked the complimentary cookies at check in. The room was clean and comfortable. One thing to note, though was that they advertise a personalized comfort zone bed. I did see the dial on the side of the mattress, but did not notice any change when I moved the dial. Did not see any way to change the firmness of the bed. Despite this, the bed was comfortable and I had a nice sleep. I was a little disappointed that they did not offer a complimentary breakfast, but they offer a continental breakfast for $5.95 and a hot breakfast buffet, including omelets and fresh waffles for $9.95. I opted for the breakfast buffet and it was very good. The attendant was friendly and efficient and the dining area was clean.

Overall, a very nice stay and I wouldn't hesitate to stay here again.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled solo
Alex B, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Orlando Airport, responded to this reviewResponded September 21, 2011

Dear guest yj2cute,

I really appreciate your taking the time to share your experience with your recent stay. I want to personally take the time thank you for it.

We know that when traveling our guests have many options to choose from and we value and deeply appreciate your loyalty and support. Every single employee of this hotel prides themselves in the quality of their work striving for 101% to exceed our guest's expectations every day.

In reference to our beds the system works in a very slow paste filling up with air so that may be the reason you didn’t notice the difference and for that I would like to apologies; I will make sure that our staff do communicate this to our guests.

We are looking forward to welcome you, family and friends to once again provide you with an outstanding level of service and nothing less.

Should you have any question or any additional comment, please do not hesitate to contact us directly at the hotel.

Alex Blanco

Reviewed August 17, 2011

I booked a room at this hotel for the following reasons: the hotel was very close to the airport and I had an early morning flight, a shuttle to the airport was available, the price was right, the ratings were good. It was a good choice. The hotel was well appointed, the staff was friendly and helpful and the room was very clean and quiet. The only minor problem I had was trying to adjust the temperature of the room. It was hard to get a moderate setting.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed August 13, 2011

This was my fourth visit to the property this year, 3 times on business and once pleasure. The welcome at the hotel was warm each time, and the rooms are fairly standard Hilton Garden Inn rooms - comfortable bed, signature work chair, free internet access etc.

On one visit I was upgraded to a room with a spa bath. May be because I am British this was strange - not so much because the bath was a spa bath, but because of the doors that opened on to the bedroom. Very curious.

I ate breakfast at the hotel each time, and again, this was the standard but plentiful HGI buffet, with eggs cooked to order. I like the HGI breakfasts because of the mix of cooked to order options and buffet options. Breakfast is good value even if you don't have a coupon.

The only glitches was the slightly non functional business centre. The printers were not working on one visit which was an annoyance, and on the next visit both computers in the business centre were down.

That aside, 4 very pleasant stays, Recommended.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed July 3, 2011

We wanted to stay at an airport hotel so we could grab some food and stay close to the airport for us to pop back in the morning to grab our hire car. The people at the hotel are very welcoming, the rooms are huge and comfortable and the outdoor pool was fabulous. Having read a few reviews about this hotel I wasn't at all put off by people saying that they could hear the noise from flights but this was only noticeable whilst we were swimming outside. Not once did I hear anything in the room.
There is a restaurant onsite which offers lovely food and there is a shop open 24hrs in the foyer that offers food and drink. And there are cookies on the front desk which are delicious.
Also for the traveller who would like some company.... you can take an attentive Japanese Fighting Fish up to your room for the night! There are a few to pick from in the reception. A strange thing but very nice.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank lady_britts
Reviewed June 23, 2011

The room was clean. The location was good. The service was not anything to remember.
By this I mean nothing sttod out, seemed like just another hotel.
This seems to be the norm in Orlando though. Every time I go there for business I come away with nothing good or bad to say. Maybe that is good though.

There were two places to eat within walking distance. Worked out good since I used their shuttle from the airport.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed June 4, 2011

Delta Airlines cancelled my flight and booked me into the Hilton Garden Inn Orlando Airport overnight. It turned out to be a great hotel and a super way to unwind at the end of a long week at DisneyWorld. The room was bigger than the one I had at the Disney Boardwalk Villas. It was super clean, with a mini-kitchen and plenty of storage and room to move around in. The front desk staff were very helpful and friendly. The bed felt new - not lumpy or sagging at all. The towels were large and the shower was great. I didn't have time to eat there, but the shuttle was very prompt and got me to the airport without any hassles or delay. I would definitely stay there again. Since the room was comped by the airline, I don't know if it's a good value for the area or not.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled solo
2  Thank awryalot
Reviewed April 26, 2011

My family and extended family could not have been more happy to stay here! They picked us up promptly upon calling from the airport and let us check in 4 hours early due to an early arrival in Orlando. We enjoyed the pool, the fitness center, the food and the rooms immensely. Happy hour foods and drinks were reasonably priced and the breakfast was not free, but very good and had many options of choosing a la carte, hot buffet or continental breakfast. Our party of 8 ate for less than $50. We stayed free because of Hilton Honor Points, but I would have paid the $80 again in a heartbeat- it was definitely worth it! Staff was friendly, courteous and accommodating!

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled with family