“Walt Disney Hilton is luxurious”

Hilton Orlando Lake Buena Vista - Disney Springs™ Area
Ranked #147 of 341 Hotels in Orlando
Reviewed September 17, 2007

My neice was visiting from PA and all the Disney theme park resorts were booked. Initially, I was a little disappointed, but in the end I was happy we went to the Hilton.
We stayed on the executive level, with the concierge and the lounge, which in and of itself is worth the few extra dollars I spent ($139 a night).
The rooms were beautiful, the staff was very helpful and they had turndown service. Even housekeeping was great! They had run out of hair conditioner when restocking the toiletries, and at turndown service, brought more without being asked.
The restaurants downstairs are wonderful, too. We ate Italian at Andiamo's, which was very good and had a monster hamburger at the Covington Mill, which was awesome!
I'm planning on taking my husband, just the two of us, soon!
I can't think of one thing at the Hilton that isn't superior.

• Stayed: September 2007, traveled with family
2  Thank LadyMikiros
Write a ReviewReviews (4,641)

Reviewed September 15, 2007

I just returned from the Hilton this evening, after staying there for 5 days. I stayed at Disney's Animal Kingdom Lodge for several days prior to this and let me tell you: there was NO comparison. Of course, there was also no comparison in price either. We got the Hilton on Priceline for $60/night + fees and the Animal Kingdom was $365/night.

I rated this hotel 2 stars which was "okay, but some problems."

We called the hotel several times on our trek between hotels, and received incorrect directions 3 times in a row from "Angel." On my 4th call, I reached "Marjorie" who was very helpful. She actually took the time to listen to where we were, and she was willing to stay with me on the phone until we arrived.

When we arrived, lucky us -- Angel was who gave us our room. It absolutely REEKED of smoke. We went back downstairs & told him of the problem & he repeated it to me as though I was an idiot & didn't know what I was talking about. I am a non-smoker so I can smell cigarette smoke from a mile away. We were transferred to another room. This room (just like the smoke room) had double beds, despite the fact that I called them the same day I booked the room on Priceline and requested a king. Angel said, "Yeah, I see the note, but we don't have any kings." That was pretty hard to believe as the hotel was NOT full. We were finally moved to a king room on our 3rd night. I even offered to pay extra money if that was what it took. The beds in the double room are full size, and two adults in one of them just does not work.

The maids did a good job with what they had to work with. The room appeared clean & the beds were always made nice. There were 4 towels, 4 hand towels, and 4 washcloths. This is plenty for 2 people but not for a family.

The showers were kinda scary. There were cracks and stains at various spots. In the hallway, they had various things taped together so they would hold. The carpet was old, and the curtains were torn. However, the black out curtains crossed each other and truly blacked out all light, which was great. Some of the lamps didn't work in our first room.

Parking was free, which was nice. The gentlemen at the bell desk were very nice and helpful, and clearly appreciated our tips. They were very kind.

There are people set up in several locations trying to sell you time shares. One woman became very rude with me when I told her we didn't need to buy tickets from her as I already had mine, and the ones she was selling did not appear to me to be discounted. As I walked away, she said "Whatever" loud enough so I could hear. Um, ok. haha.

The bar, John T's, was a nice place. I had some mozzarella sticks that were decent, but the fruity drinks were delicious. 4 drinks and an order of mozz sticks was $40 plus tip. Beers were $4.75 in the bar, but in the Marketplace in the lobby they were only $3.00. Take your own bottle of wine or champagne & save some money if that's impt to you.

This place was not horrible. I've seen horrible. I just didn't feel special and I was very disappointed that this was considered a 4 star hotel. It is SO NOT 4 star, but it might be a three on a good day. I would give it a 2.5.

• Stayed: September 2007, traveled as a couple
2  Thank PigPug
Reviewed September 15, 2007

This is another great Hilton location. We stayed while visiting the theme park.

The hotel offers a shuttle back and forth from all of the Disney parks. Leaving is easy every half hour the bus departs from the freeway side of the hotel. Getting back via the bus is a little more involved. You wait by the shuttle sign service is suprisingly unpredictible. Parking at the resort is $11 per day. The return trip from the park will take an hour including wait time.

This property takes care of hilton diamonds with room upgrades, drinks and an ok lounge.

Two huge swimming pools. Very family friendly.

easy to find location right off the interstate.

• Stayed: September 2007, traveled with family
1  Thank Cal100
Reviewed September 14, 2007

Was here with a friend for 4 days in late August. Arrived just before midnight and at $787 AUD for 3 nights i thought it was a great deal! Room was on the 7th floor and the first thing we noticed was the Mildew smell! Room was a bit worn and the bathroom looked clean but smelled used (Smell of Number 2's) I was not happy. But we decided since it was so late we'd settle in and see if it got better. Ended up caking the bathroom in air freshener!

The next day the smell had dissappeared a little, Tolietries were Crabtree and Evelyn and they had plenty of towels.

They have 2 pool areas albeit one was closed whilst there. The day we used the pool area there was a strange guy loitering around our clothes we were keeping an eye on, Something didn't seem right, He almost looked like a disgruntled hotel employee. He didnt take anything but i felt that security was a little slack.

They have rules in the Guest Directory such as they don't want anyone using the pool to wander through reception! Do they really think people will choose not to use the hotel just because a guy or girl wanders through with a swimsuit? Ironic to have those kind of rules considering what family they are owned by!

Staff were ok but seemed to be trying to sell timeshare even to me! Funny considering i live on the other side of the world!

I was dissapointed in this place and if i ever get back to Orlando i wouldn't stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2007, traveled with friends
4  Thank Harvsman
Reviewed September 12, 2007

My husband and I are both Diamond level so we have a pretty good gauge on what a good Hilton is or any hotel for that matter.

Like others had mentioned, we received no acknowledgement of Diamond level on check in. We did receive an "upgrade" and were given a room on the second floor with a parking lot view. I realize they were considering it an upgrade because the room was quite big, but it was really a conference room with a fold away bed that was quite uncomfortable. After 2 nights of trying that (and a safe that didn't work), we were given a different room on the 5th floor that was much better. The room was quite clean but a little tired as far as furnishings go. The water pressure in the shower was weak too.

The level of service in the executive lounge was touch and go. Sometimes there was a full spread of food and the same time the next day there was almost nothing served. The fountain coke machine was broken too for maybe 4-5 days which was a little annoying as they didn't supplement it with cans or anything. So unless you drank coffee, it was water or be thirsty.

The location was great. The bus service was a little inconsistent but I'm sure that's contracted out. Sometimes it would be there on the 1/2 hour as promised and sometimes you'd wait an hour. As a workaround, walk over to downtown disney and take a disney bus, which run more frequently.

Overall, it wasn't perfect but I would stay here again if in the area. It didn't blow me away, but it was above average.

• Stayed: September 2007, traveled as a couple
4  Thank DKH21204
Reviewed September 4, 2007

Before booking this hotel I did alot of research and found alot of negative reviews for this hotel. Upon arrivial I was very nervous however I would absoulutely recommed this hotel and go back again! The location was great ,the room was a great size we were travelling with 2 children and did not need to upgrade to a suite. The 24 hr marketplace was a great palce to grab a snack anytime of the day,car rental in the lobby was extremely handy and the buffet charecter breakfast was awesome. It was a 5 minute walk to downtown Disney which was a great place to hang out at night.

• Stayed: August 2006, traveled with family
2  Thank ukdiva007
Reviewed August 27, 2007

This Hilton property is very clean and the staff is excellent!

I agree with other reviewers that the building is showing its age. There were some tattered spots on carpets, and in our bathroom, the grout needed updating...heck, the whole tub really needed updating.
However, as I mentioned, the property overall is very clean and Housekeeping did an absolutely excellent job with our room daily.

Check-in and check-out were simple and efficient.

The Italian restaurant on site was very, very good, albeit pricey. And, the Benihana Japanese restaurant on site was a saving grace from the overpriced, 'blah' Disney fare across the street and elsewhere. Don't bother with the hotel's 'Covington Mill' breakfast buffet--overpriced for the subpar quality.

We enjoyed the short walk to Downtown Disney, just to get out at night, and we did eat at restaurants there twice.

The hotel shuttle to the theme parks was great! Buses to all the parks absolutely ran on time every half hour. The bus drivers were always helpful, friendly, and knowledgeable.

Overall, if you are not going to stay in a Disney hotel, then absolutely pick a "Downtown Disney" property, and you will not be disappointed with the customer service and the ambience at the Hilton. Clean, simple, convenient.

• Stayed: August 2007, traveled with family