“Bland and anonymous”

Hilton Orlando Lake Buena Vista - Disney Springs™ Area
Ranked #149 of 341 Hotels in Orlando
Reviewed October 31, 2006

This Hilton is an enormous place, where you come and go with the crowds.

The rooms were fine and well appointed, clean and well maintained. Beds were comfortable. Room service was slow and expensive.

Reception was unimpressive, felt like an airport check in, not welcoming at all. People had no time to answer questions, just got the job done. Tour desk was more interested in cross selling some kind of time share than in helping figure out what to do.

In all, its an ok, bland place to use as base to go to Disney. You don’t spend time there, just use it as a base. Would come back if I got a good deal and didn’t expect anything else than a place to sleep.

• Stayed: September 2005, traveled on business
7  Thank Brazilian_in_OZ

Reviewed October 29, 2006

I enjoyed my stay at the Hilton. My room was very comfortable. Love those Serta mattresses. Choose the Hilton because it was steps from Disney Downtown. Used the bus service to the parks. Which worked quite well for me. Although the drivers didn't seem to well informed about the bus schedule. Bad part was that on the way to the parks the bus stopped at 4 - 5 other hotels downtown. So a little time consuming. Hotel had 2 nice pools. One thing I liked was the little marketplace that was open 24hr, nice for picking up a snack. The breakfast buffet was tasty. Room was always cleaned up very nicely.

• Stayed: October 2006, traveled solo
7  Thank lady8
Reviewed October 28, 2006

When we first arrived the room was not what I thought I had reserved. It was too small. I had upgraded to consierge level but not really impressed with that.
After talking to Michael at the front desk, I was moved to a Parlor Room. Very nice and loved room service. They were very good to us and make sure to get the valet service. Those young men were better then the consierge service.
On our last day a valet was dealing with a very cocky jerk of a man.(he was powertripping) The valet handled himself well. I was just so impressed.
The girls loved the pool and we all felt safe staying there. This is the hotel to stay at if you want to be very close to Downtown Disney.

• Stayed: October 2006, traveled with family
3  Thank cubby68
Reviewed October 5, 2006

We got this hotel through priceline for 61 dollars per night. This is excellent value for money as it is located right opposite downtown disney. Check inn was fast and efficient and we were given a spotless rom on the fifth floor. Parking is free and services are excellent.

We will go back in a heartbeat!!

• Stayed: September 2006, traveled as a couple
6  Thank marcotiel
Reviewed October 1, 2006

Front desk overcharged our credit card and we discovered this while trying to rent a car. After a four hour delay, we were finally able to rent the car and continue our journey, but did not accomplish some trip goals due to the delay.

Front desk personnel did not call back to inform us that the card was cleared in a timely manner.

• Stayed: May 2006, traveled on business
Reviewed September 18, 2006

When booking the hotel room, there is an option indicating that you could request early check in but that it could not be guaranteed. I did request it but, unfortunately, when we attempted to check in at 1, we were told that it was impossible and that we should check back in an hour. This was completely understandable. We came back in an hour, still no check in. This continued until an hour past what NORMAL check in time is. We not only could not check in early, which we understood was a gamble, but we had to check in late because house keeping was not ready for us. Then we checked into our "preferred view" room. The room was outdated and worse, it did not smell clean at all. There was mold on the shower curtain and coming out of the a/c vent on the wall. The towels had an awful smell to them so we had to request new towels. The lobby is gorgeous and the room service/restaurants were great but the room accomodation left a lot to be desired, especially in a town of thousands of hotels to choose from.
I will say that the pool was lovely but the surrounding food tables were left uncleared for some time. I would recommend stopping here for something to eat but sleep somewhere else.

• Stayed: October 2005, traveled as a couple
6  Thank impromptutravel
Reviewed September 15, 2006

I won this hotel for a Priceline bid of $62 for a 4-star for two nights (Sept. 12-14). Parking was convenient and well-marked. Check-in was smooth and friendly. I was assigned a fifth floor room. The hotel seemed fairly empty. The bed was very comfortable, with all the usual 4-star linens. Cocoon-making capabilites were there. :) Folks have reviewed the bathroom as being very small. It seemed perfectly fine to me. The bathroom wasn't large, but it had a tub and a shower, a separate sink outside of the bathroom with another mirror, coffee maker...Everything was clean. My favorite part of this hotel was the Andiamo restaurant in the lobby. It looked inviting, and was very inviting for a weary traveller. Even though I was travelling solo, I felt comfortable at the bar, eating wonderful food two nights in a row. Gorge was a friendly, professional bartender who made me feel well taken care of. Try the crab ravioli!
I was in town to visit a relative, so I did not try out Disney transport, nor the pool. I did love the location for a quick Downtown Disney shopping experience, and I felt very safe as a solo traveller.

• Stayed: September 2006, traveled solo