“Great hotel to stay while enjoying Disney parks”

Hilton Orlando Lake Buena Vista - Disney Springs™ Area
Ranked #145 of 337 Hotels in Orlando
Pennsylvania
“Great hotel to stay while enjoying Disney parks”
Reviewed December 29, 2009

If you are looking to enjoy Disney parks but not staying in any of their own resorts, the Hilton is definitely a fine choice. I have stayed at this hotel multiple times and each time it's been a pleasure. The staff is very courteous, and the facilities are convenient. The amenities include an Avis car-rental booth inside the hotel, several eateries (one is open 24 hrs) and a bar, gift stores, park ticket vending, etc. The hotel is located just a block away from downtown Disney Marketplace -- this is an area full of restaurants, gift shops, movie theaters, and also one permanent Cirque du Soleil theater. Frequent bus service (every 30-minutes) is available right from the hotel to/from all Disney parks. In short, if you stay at this hotel, there is absolutely no need to rent a car in Orlando. I suggest booking a Mears shuttle van to/from Orlando airport. They are convenient, frequent, reasonably priced, and you get a discount if you book round-trips. Pool/jacuzzi provide plenty of fun for children as well as for adults. If you fancy a hearty hot breakfast buffet, I highly recommend taking the breakfast option with the room. Overall, a great place to stay in Orlando whether you are on a romantic trip, with family, or on business.

• Liked — Location
    • Check in / front desk

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (605)
  • Czech first
  • Finnish first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Northwest Indiana
Reviewed December 28, 2009

I stayed here with my wife and kids for 6 nights (Dec 17-23). Upon arrival one of the valets offered to help with my bags and wanted to park the car for me, but when I told him I'd do both myself he wished me a good day. The lady at the front desk handled check-in very quickly and efficiently and answered the questions I had. We arrived around 10:00 am after a 17-hour drive and were pleased when there was already a room for us. We were on the 7th floor with a view of Downtown Disney and the Epcot ball in the distance. The room was clean and neat. The beds were very comfortable. Our room had two sinks, which was a nice touch. We didn't use any of the facilities or services at the hotel. It seemed like a quiet, friendly atmosphere though. I was VERY pleased with my stay at the hotel. We got a good deal on it using priceline and I'd highly recommend it to anyone looking for a clean, comfortable, convenient place to stay close to Disney. Guests do get Extra Magic Hours at Disney parks, which we used three times with absolutely no problem, just by showing our room keys. There isn't free parking at the Disney parks for guests of this hotel. We didn't use the shuttle buses to the park.

1 Thank bremja
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed December 21, 2009

My title says it all.

It would be a solid 3.5 star but probably will barely make it to the 4 star level. Sign of aging is evidently obvious. Perhaps its time to receive some renovation fund?

Parking is $10 a day plus tax. Convenient drive in and out with 1 ticket through out your stay. Plenty of lots in the huge carpark.

Walk to nearby Disney Marketplace entrance is about 5 mins across the road.

Rooms are above average but as I said, signs of aging is plenty and it could be better.

• Liked — Noihing
  • Disliked — Parking should have been free
    • Check in / front desk
Highland Village, Texas
Reviewed December 20, 2009

We stayed for two nights prior to going in to a condo for a week with family and friends. The hotel is extremely convenient, right across the street from Downtown Disney. I am a Diamond HHonors member, so we were upgraded to a junior suite, which was really nice. Also was able to access the Executive lounge for continental breakfast in the morning. Without that, breakfast is about $20 an adult in the restaurant (kids eat free, of course). The first day we walked to Downtown Disney. The second day we took the bus to Epcot. We had no issues with the bus, but one of our co-riders on the way home said they had to travel about an hour to access the bus return home. My only concern was a mis-charge to my bill. I had given friends a night there with points and, even though my friends presented their own credit card to the front desk (and we never presented the credit card we used to hold the room at the hotel), our friend's charges ended up on my credit card. After a long call to the hotel with the front desk person seeming to say it was my fault that they had charged my card, they finally refunded the charges to my card and billed my friend's credit card, which they did have on file.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled as a couple
Fairfield, Connecticut
Reviewed December 18, 2009

Attended a conference at the Hilton for 4 days this month and had a great stay. The meeting facilities were more than adequate with plenty of space and audio visual capabilities. The staff did everything they could to be helpful and welcoming.

Very nice room - exceptionally clean with the most comfortable bed I've ever slept in. Bigger than average work area with a slide out shelf for your laptop. Having the in room mini-fridge with the Marketplace right in the lobby made it so convenient to keep cold beverages and snacks handy. Dinner at Benihana's was great (the eel roll was out of this world). The only downside I experienced was they seemed to short change on the noise insulation installation between rooms. I could very clearly hear the guests in the adjacent rooms as well as those above and below me. Considering this is a Disney resort (read: lots of small children) you'd have thought they would have been more conscious of the noise factor.

Overall, a very pleasant stay.

Stayed December 2009, traveled on business
Washington DC
Reviewed December 8, 2009

My wife and I stayed at the Hilton for three nights for a wedding and extended the stay for a little get away. I've read some reviews below about rude staff so I went to the hotel with that in mind but all of them were super kind and helpful. As soon as we arrived we were able to check in right away. They didn't have any rooms with one queen or kind size bed (we had to reserve two double beds) but Pearl at the front desk was able to give us a fantastic upgrade for a minimal fee to a suite with balcony and a king size bed. She was extremely nice and helpful all of the days we were there. The bell hoppers also offered to take our bags up and were super nice every time I had a question. They even called a cab for me when I asked for one right away.

Out of all of the Buena Vista hotels, this one was by far the most aesthetically pleasing and grandeur. The interior decor was phenomenal as well. As for our room, the suite was awesome (included a fridge filled with complimentary beer, soda, water, liquor, etc) and the balcony was fantastic. The only thing that didn't work was the thermometer (it was cold in Florida while we were there and wanted to turn up the heat but wouldn't go past 72 degrees). The safe was also locked and we couldn't open it to use it but it was the fault of the people who stayed there before us, not the hotel's fault. When I had called down to have someone come up and fix the safe, someone came up within 10 minutes but couldn't fix it and offered to send a technician in another 10 minutes. We had to leave to catch a bus so we said it was okay. We didn't have much valuables anyways. Out of apology, we were given a free breakfast the next morning at their restaurant, which was great.

The shuttle services to the parks were also prompt and very useful with our travels to different amusement parks. The hotel is also literally 5 minute walk to Downtown Disney (Marketplace entrance) so it was great to hang out there at night and grab something to eat, shop, or just hang out. FYI, the walk from one end of the downtown disney (Market place entrance) to the other end (where Cirque de Soleil) is took about 10-15 minutes of leisure walking. Not far at all. We also caught a Cirque de Soleil show which was spectacular.

Over all, despite what I read about the rude service and bad shuttle services, we didn't run into any of them. This hotel also offers extra magic hours, so make sure you take advantage of them! It was nice walking around MGM at night when less than half the people were there and we were able to ride everything without having to wait more than 5 minutes. We throughly enjoyed our stay at the Hilton and will definitely come back.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank kwondogg
Warwick, Rhode Island
Reviewed December 7, 2009

This hotel is beautiful. When you first walk in its has an all Marble Lobby. It is on Disney property (walking distance to 'Downtown Disney') but does not have any Disney feeling too it, which is nice if your are traveling without kids. We do not have kids, therefore we didn't want a hotel that was all Disney'd out and kids everywhere.
They have a few great shops and restaurants/bars at the hotel. There is a restaurant that does the Character breakfast for the kids which is nice. There is also a sports bar that was very busy on Saturday night. They served food until midnight and drinks till 2am. There is also a 24 hour cute little cafe that serves everything from pastries to fresh fruit, salad, starbucks, sandwiches, drinks, etc There is also an AVIS rental car service at this hotel. We rented a car from the hotel to the airport, because it was actually cheaper to do that then take a cab or bus to the airport.
The rooms are very nice. Everything is very new. The amenities they give you are awesome...its CRABTREE & EVELYN Le Source!! (http://www.crabtree-evelyn.com.au/Crabtree.AU54/item_detail.aspx?ItemCode=44100)
They provide complimentary shuttles to and from all the major Disney Parks. They run every half hour. The hotel also has a computer room.
Great hotel, would go back again.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled on business