“Great place to stay”

Hilton Orlando Lake Buena Vista - Disney Springs™ Area
Ranked #147 of 340 Hotels in Orlando
Reviewed November 28, 2005

I've stayed at probably 20 or so hotels in Orlando over the years and this is at or near the top of them given the $109 price we paid via the Hilton website.

Check-in/out was very efficient, rooms and grounds were clean, on-site dining/snacks, directly across the street from Downtown Disney, bus shuttle to parks -- I will stay here in the future when visiting Disney.

10  Thank JamesCPA

Reviewed November 26, 2005

I booked a room at this hotel from the reviews that I had read on trip advisor. Glad I did. I will never stay at another disney hotel. We paid 129.00 in the towers level with the breakfast and snacks all day. The room that this was served in did get quite busy and it would be great if this room was larger but all and all it was excellent. Room was spotless and the kids loved the pool area. We did use the shuttle that worked great even tho we had a rental car. SO much easier with the shuttle. When you look at what you get at disney you can get so much more at area hotels and since this is on disney property you are across the street from Downtown Disney. Would highly recommend this hotel.

12  Thank lfresa
Reviewed November 20, 2005

My husband and I booked our stay on Hilton's website for $99/night. This is one of the nicer hotels we've stayed at. The beds were comfy with down comforters and pillows. The room was clean. The bathroom had a double vanity which made it easy to get ready for a day at Disney. There were bathrobes...that was a nice touch. Crabtree and Evelyn toiletries!

It was RIGHT across the street from Disney Market Place, so it was an easy walk.

The staff was very friendly.

I would stay here again and it is probably a nicer and cheaper hotel than any of the Disney Resorts.

5  Thank sydneyjr
Reviewed November 18, 2005

Our family of 5 stayed at the Hilton-Walt Disney World Resort in late October. Check-in went very smoothly, we had reserved a Junior Suite, which was great for 2 adults, 3 kids. Good on-site restaurants,buffet for breakfast was very good. We used the on-site Avis desk to rent a car for one day to go to Sea World. Buses to Disney parks run every 1/2 hour, and stop at 2 or 3 other non-disney resorts before arriving at the theme parks, but never took more than 1/2 hour to arrive at the parks. About a 3 minute walk to Downtown Disney, which was great. Pools were very nice. The only negative experience was that the parking lot was full when we returnd from Sea World late Saturday night. There were several wedding receptions/class reunions booked at the hotel, so the guests took up most of the parking. Not a big deal, but I had to drive around the lot for 20 minutes until someone left.

Overall a good value. Would definitely stay again!

• Stayed: October 2005
7  Thank GolfNut789W
A TripAdvisor Member
San Francisco, CA
Reviewed November 12, 2005

I stayed here as part of a business conference on the tenth floor (executive level). Nice hotel, centrally located, clean and nice facilities. The room was very nice including a very comfortable bed. The hotel is setup for a business traveler and includes a desk. Wifi internet access is $10+ per day and my rate was $199/night. Free parking.

• Stayed: November 2005, traveled on business
4  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed November 9, 2005

I thoroughly enjoyed my week-long stay at this hotel. We were able to save some money as a group compared to the Disney-owned hotels. And, although I've never stayed at a Disney-owned hotel, I don't feel that we missed out on anything with regard to quality/value. I was traveling with a large party of family ages 10mo to 80+ yrs, and we had a total of 4 rooms. The hotel was able to accomodate everyone's needs. The staff was very friendly, helpful, and patient. We were there when Hurricane Wilma hit and the staff kept us informed of the park hours. The concierges helped us with various questions/concerns. The hotel was clean. The decor was fun and colorful, yet tasteful. There are great restaurants located at the hotel. There is a character breakfast at one of these restaurants on Sunday morning which the kids loved. You're also just across the street from Downtown Disney which offers some nice eating choices. The beds were comfy, although all but one of our pillows was filled with down feathers. I'm not a fan of these pillows. But, we did have one "regular" pillow in the room so I used that one. We were lucky enough to stay on the executive level where we enjoyed continental breakfast and snacks through the day. Nothing fancy, but it was convenient and appreciated for a large group with small children. Guests of this hotel can enjoy the extra magic hours at the parks. Transportation to and from the parks is convenient, although the bus drivers aren't always informative of how to get back to the hotel. So, make sure you ask. There is a car rental desk at the hotel. The pools and jacuzzis are nice, although we weren't able to enjoy them fully due to the weather. But, my nieces had a blast in them. The only thing I wasn't impressed with were the cribs. They looked old and not very sturdy. But, we had no incidents with our 10mo daughter, nor did my sister with her 21mo son. I've never seen/used hotel cribs, so didn't know what to expect. Overall, I think you get a lot for your money at this hotel and would definitely consider staying here again.

• Stayed: October 2005
9  Thank DebFinHSP
Reviewed November 1, 2005

Stayed here for a business meeting, overall very good. As you would expect, there were a lot of families with young kids, and they seemed to be enjoying things.
Since I was in meetings, did not get to visit any attractions or use hotel transportation, but the hotel is in a convenient location to on- and off-resort attractions.
Rooms were updated, very good beds. Only downside was a strong, odd chemical smell in the room. It smelled like propane exhaust, maybe they use propane heaters in the hotel entry? (I was just above the entrance.) But was able to tolerate it for two nights.
Restaurants had very good food, there is a Benihana attached (but I did not go there.)

• Stayed: October 2005, traveled on business