“It was a clean, upscale, friendly, full service hotel with great views of downtown Disney & excellent shuttle service!”

Hilton Orlando Lake Buena Vista - Disney Springs™ Area
Ranked #147 of 340 Hotels in Orlando
Reviewed September 13, 2009

The Hilton's guest rooms and pools were clean and well maintained. The beds were really comfortable. The Hotel personnel was friendly and accommodating. The continuous shuttle transportation to and from the theme parks ran on time with friendly drivers and clean shuttles. We ate at the Hotel's Italian restaurant which provided excellent service and excellent food, comparable to Taylor Street in Chicago. It was great to stay at a full service hotel that had a store and a 24 hour market, especially since the closest supermarket was almost a mile away. There were outdoor movie nights, too. The Hilton offered a relaxing and aesthetically pleasing atmosphere. I have already recommended this hotel to family and friends.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled with family
Write a ReviewReviews (4,677)

Reviewed September 12, 2009

This Hilton serves as an exellent choice if you want to enjoy all the "magic hours" and yet without pulling your budget. We stayed there for more than a week in Aug (thanks to all the helpful tips from mousesaver.com). Location cannot be better! Pleasure Island is just across the road (so better walk than taking the hotel shuttle bus which goes around all other five hotels before arriving at Pleasure Island after 20 mins). The Crossroad Shoppping Centre up the end of the street (outside the disney gate, 5 mins by taxi, 30 mins on feet) is where you can find everything you need from a supermarket, to a range of restaurants). There is also a big Premuim Outlets 15 mins away by car. In addition, if you travel light, upon arrival at the airport, you can even take local bus (N0.111) directly to the stop near the hotel for as little as $2. This same bus also goes to Florida Mall. So overall, we were extremely pleased with out stay. However, we would still suggest to double check the bill as we were charged for hotel parkings when we don't even have a car. But the staff happily recitified the bill after checking...

2  Thank Janyvo
Reviewed September 11, 2009

I held a meeting at this hotel and since I was the one coordinating the event I was upgraded to a Jr suite, which was nice however they tried to not give me the HHonnors points that were promised and when they were finally given to me it was a much lesser amount than what should have been. The hotel staff for the most part was friendly, with the exception of someone at banquets that threw a fit because he wasn't informed of a change - The hotel is very close to downtown disney and there is a shuttle service that goes to the different parks. I did not see a concierge lounge there so I believe they don't have one. The beninhanas restaurant on site is great!!!

• Stayed: August 2007, traveled on business
Reviewed September 6, 2009

This was my second stay at this Hilton and it was great both times. I stayed here with my 2 grammar school aged kids and they had a blast. We were at Disney for the weekend to attend the "Mickey's not so scary Halloween Party"(REALLY GREAT TIME) and Epcot. We used the hotel's transportation system both days. It is very efficient, timely, modeled after the Disney resort bus system and will save you about $12 a day. Taking your car really won't save much time either. Expect a 30-45 minute trip each way. The Hilton is the first stop for each pick up and drop off as well, so that is also an advantage.
The actual hotel is huge and there are many shops, restaurants and lounge areas. We ate at Benihana's. The food is great and the presentation is fun as at any Japanese teppanyaki style restaurant. My previous trip I had appetizer's and drinks and the Italian restaurant "Andiamo"... pricey, but good. Parking is $10 a day.
The room itself was a decent size. Beds are comfortable, large flat screen TV and a there is an additional sink/vanity area out side of the bathroom so 2 people can get ready at once.
Downtown Disney is across the street and it is a very busy street. It is a short walk, but one must realize these are all sprawling complexes so it may take 5-10 minutes to get there. Stopped at Downtown Disney on the way out of town and had a quick lunch at "Earl of Sandwich". Great, quick sandwiches and not over-priced.
I love this area as an alternative to staying at a Disney property. The Hilton was a great value. I would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed September 1, 2009

Myself and my partner stayed here for 5 nights on a recent trip to Disney World. We checked in at 2:00pm and everything was just fine with the check-in.
The room was very clean, bathroom was nice but rather small. They had a store downstairs but I didn't buy anything from them as they were far too expensive. They offered Milk, Fruit, Wraps, Crossiants, Eclairs, etc. Also some junk food. Instead what I did was drive to a Wal-mart and pick up some Bottle Water ( A MUST IF YOU'RE VISITING DISNEY! They charge far too much for bottled water in Disney. buy your own then take it into the park)
There is a Fridge for your use in the room which was good to keep our juice, water and pop cold that we got from Wal-mart.

Parking was a let down because when I booked it said $8, then when I got there the signs all said $10, then when I checked out it said $10.65. I asked about this and they said it used to be $8 then it changed to $10 on August 17th, then it changed it again to $10.65. I wasn't very happy but I paid the price anyway. Lots of parking to pick from.

Shuttle busses were good and bad. It was good to not have to pay to park at Disney and take advantage of a free shuttle, the downside was the length of time it took. the busses come at the top and bottom of every hour. They have TWO BUS ROUTES.
Bus Route One: Picks up from Hilton, Royal Plaza then Double Tree then goes onto Magic Kingdon and Animal Kingdom
Bus Route Two: picks up from Hilton, Royal Plaza then Double Tree then goes onto Epcot and Hollywood Studios.

So if you want to go to Hollywood Studios or Animal Kingdom it can take over 35 minutes to get there because you have to stop at either Magic Kingdom or Epcot first and pick up people there, then go to your park. Also coming back from Magic Kingdom or Epcot takes about 35 minutes on the bus.

If you want to be at the park for 9:00am, get the 8:00am bus. the 8:30 bus will get you there around 9:10am.

The pool's were nice and spacious. I found them to be dirty but that's to be expected with an outdoor pool. The hot tubs were also very nice. Downtown disney was very close by. I found Downtown Disney to be far too busy so we never ate there or spent much time there, one day was enough for us. For everything else we just took the car and went where we wanted. The Orlando Outlet Mall is close by, about a 5-7minute drive, a lot less crowded.

Oh, how can I forget the Extra Magic Hours? I enjoyed this added perk of this hotel however it was not as benefical as I had hoped. For example, during normal park hours the wait time for the Peter Pan ride was 45 minutes. During the Extra Magic Hours at midnight (Park closed at 10pm) the wait time was 35 minutes. So it didn't clear away the line ups like I would of hoped, but still a cool feeling to be in the park when it's already closed.
I'm 23 and I value my sleep so I didn't wake up before 9am to enjoy the Extra Magic Hours in the morning, maybe that would of been better?

I paid $66/night on the hilton website and will pay that again to see here in the future.

1  Thank pilotboy1985
Reviewed August 29, 2009

Overall, I could not find a better hotel for the money in the Disney area. We booked this on expedia for $79.95 a night. Compare this to a 2.5 star Disney hotel for 100.00 plus a night! I stayed here with my wife and we had a great time! The room was clean and a good size. Very quiet. 2 sinks makes things easy when its time to get ready to go. The shuttle service goes to Animal Kingdom, Magic Kingdom, Hollywood Studios, and Downtown Disney West side after 6pm. Tip about the Bus Service: The bus service is shared by 3 hotels and makes about 5 stops total. It goes to the Hilton 1st, then to the double tree then to another hotel. It then will go to 2 parks. The bus picks up 2 times an hours. This is about equal to Disney transport these days. Many feel the bus service at the Hilton took too long. Disney transport at hotels in the parks like the Contemporary and Floridian where you pay 300 to 400 a night now shares buses with other hotels. We have used those buses and i can tell you they are of equal travel time. Expect it will take you about 45 minutes to get where you want to go.
Dining Tip: There is a amazing Japanese Restaurant in the hotel called Benihana! You must eat there! Is it expensive! Yes! But its amazing food and a true value when you factor in the cook is at your table cooking your food right in front of you! 2 people with a drink each and dinner with appetizer is about 90.00 US dollars.
Cheap Eats Tip: Don't eat at the hotel if you are on a budget. I would eat at the Earl of Sandwich. It is right in the front of downtown Disney. Take the footpath from the pool and cross the street and it is right in front of you! You can get an amazing sandwich for $5.95! We ate there about 6 times in our 7 day stay.
All in all, an excellent value on this hotel. We saved a great amount of money over a "Disney" hotel. The staff was great with any help we needed. The bus service is great to the park and now equal to Disney transport (Disney shares bus service with multiple hotels! Why pay all that money?). To be fair, my wife and myself are not hotel goers. We don't spend a lot of time in a hotel. We did use the pool alot and loved it! Stay here if you can!

1  Thank tmgcomp
Reviewed August 28, 2009

Had a nice 3 night stay, but when my "Hilton Honors" AmEx statement arrived there was a $150 charge for smoking in the room. We don't smoke. I hope my experience was an isolated mistake, but I suspect that this is how they supplement profits during a recession - by bilking guests.
A nice scam - charge every guest and simply reverse the "mistake" when you are called on it. When guests do not spot the unauthorized charges on their statements it's a bonanza in stolen funds.
Read your statement.