“Best hilton I have ever been to but a little of disappointment”

Hilton Orlando Lake Buena Vista - Disney Springs™ Area
Ranked #146 of 342 Hotels in Orlando
Reviewed July 13, 2014

When I came in to Disney world it was not far from the entrance at all! I think this hilton is very good when I checked in into the hotel the lobby was nice it looked up to date the check in lady was also nice she told us everything ex needed to know beacouse this is are 1st downtown Disney non Disney resort hotel so we did not know what is what she told us about our bus SCEDULE times and Are room number the rooms are nice I do think they need to be refurbish the rooms when we left there was a Peking lot. Parked in a space and the next morning a guy told us that was reserved parking and and there was NO SIGHN AT ALL THAT SAYS THAT IS RESERVED PARKING he also said do not leave it unattended so it does not get towed if it did I would of got my attorney that was the diss impoundment part

Room Tip: Get a room in the 9 th floor
1  Thank A T
Write a ReviewReviews (4,597)

Reviewed July 13, 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for 10 days in Jun/July for our first family Orlando experience and we were not disappointed. The rooms are basically the same layout as every other Hilton I have stayed in but since we were here to visit Disney and not to live in the rooms they were sufficient for our needs. The facilities are what really make this hotel perfect...2 good sized pools for when you want to recharge between the parks, good choice of reasonably priced on site eating options with John T's bar our own favourite, and most importantly if you aren't travelling with a car - an excellent shuttle service to all the Disney parks which was always on time and had you at any park within 30 mins. There is also the onsite cafe/store for snacks as well as hotel gift store and official disney merchandise outlet, free dvd rentals if you are bored and free wifi throughout the hotel. Didn't use the concierge services as we were all ticketed up in advance but the desk always seemed well staffed. As with all hotels, there were some opportunities for improvement - in room amenities could be restocked more regularly and the female breakfast service staff obviously aren't morning people but aside from these slight niggles our stay was almost perfect. Oh and almost forgot to mention Downtown Disney is no more than 5 mins walk away if you fancy a change of scenery, with lots of eating, drinking and shopping options. If you are travelling outside disney area and are thinking of using taxis, carefully consider the time of day before making choice....if you are outside peak hours then taxis may be cheapest option, otherwise a fixed rate town car may be best (eg a trip to discovery cove was $20 incl tips in taxi for a straight run while a town car charge for the return was double glazed that). Needless to say I would highly recommend the Hilton LBV for a disney vacation....in fact the only mistake we made was choosing a different hotel as a base for universal.

Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
3  Thank DaveH19
JamesGrosso, General Manager at Hilton Orlando Lake Buena Vista - Disney Springs™ Area, responded to this reviewResponded July 15, 2014

Dear guest, thank you for your review. I am glad you chose us for your Disney experience, and even happier we met your expectations! I hope you consider us when in the area - even if going to Universal!

Have a magical day,

Reviewed July 13, 2014

Booked this hotel on Expedia. Check in was fast and efficient . That was the good part Things went down after that. Received vouchers for complimentary water DVD rental and wifi code. Initial thoughts were that is what you expect from a Hilton. At this point in the stay it was looking like 5 stars.

When we got to the room things started to go down hill. The first thing that hit us was a stale smell when we entered the room. The resort was built in the 70s and the design was from that era. Decor was out dated and badly in need of refurbishment, bathroom was poor and dirty. Beds were no better than ok.

The real shock came at check out we were charged $37 for parking and resort fee. This was made up of $15 for parking and $22 for a resort fee. Remember the complimentary water and wifi at check in it was no longer compliment at checkout.

Pro: Location, check in efficiency

Con: stale room ,poor decor , out dated, wifi charge, parking charge,

I never give a hotel above a rating of 3 if they do not have complimentary wifi add the parking charge and poor standard of room, that is the reason I gave a 1 star rate.

Orlando has number of hotels south international drive would be a better option as there is a lot of work being done at downtown Disney.

If you stay at the Hilton it is not what the brand portraits.

3  Thank Allan S

We're so glad we had the chance to serve you and your family during your travels to our area. We appreciate your candid comments about the amenity costs and will keep them in mind as we reevaluate our offerings. We hope that you'll consider giving us another opportunity to serve you and welcome any additional suggestions you may have that will make our hotel your number one choice in Orlando.

Kind regards,

Reviewed July 11, 2014

Our reviews are quick and to the point, tons of short hands statements will be used. The resort has been remodeled, one can tell by the old room items mixed in with new updates. I would give it 2 stars. The lobby and pool ares are wonderful but do not be fooled by those pictures. Parking is $20 for valet and $17 for self, they were good, stick with it because parking is a somewhat long walk. Check in was normal. Our first room was a junior suite, it was great room was fine, until a live roach was in our bathroom, with roach eggs on the bathroom floor. It was not the usual palmetto bugs, it was the little nasty roaches that spread disease. We were quickly moved into another lesser room but at checkout we received a BIG price adjustment. Which made it somewhat better. Would we return not really, yes we know there are bugs in every building, but they need to remain hidden or behind the walls not in my viewable area for the amount we were paying to stay at a Hilton.

Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
3  Thank KeepinUpWitDaCubans
Reviewed July 11, 2014

I was wondering why there was such a discrepancy of reviews. There's a a big difference in the rooms AND the front desk receptionists.
I have to write the positive first - the second room we got was clean and roomy enough and had a beautiful view.
The negative: we had a red-eye flight and arrived at the Hilton around 9am. Glad to be able to check in early but was checked in by a not so friendly hotel receptionist ( we found out her name was Nellie) who was very snippy and gave us a very tiny room for wheel chair guests. There was no mirror and no room to put any toiletries down and had some maintenance work done - like part of the wall was torn out which was kind of painted over ( kind of...well) - AND to top it off the place smelled like body odor ( ew). I believe it was room 790. We passed by other rooms being serviced and noticed their bathroom size was a lot bigger than ours.
We're not complaining kind of people but since we didn't sign up for a wheel chair access room we asked for a non- wheel chair room. I'm so glad we talked to the right person (Emmanuel) - he not only gave us a normal room - bathroom area was so much better than the wheel chair room and a room with a beautiful view. He really made up for the snippy first receptionist we dealt with and the room with the teeny bathroom.
Perks: 1) They provide shuttle rides to all the parks.
2) You can walk to downtown disney (go to the back by the pool and follow the path to the crosswalk). You can also catch the Disney shuttles their too - but I'd double check on all their schedules.3) Liked the waterfall jacuzzi.

Reviewed July 11, 2014 via mobile

We spent one night here after spending 4 at a timeshare. This place was very impressive from the start. The valet was very professional. They vacuumed my car because I am a Hilton Honors member. The check in girl was the best I've ever experienced. I've paid hundreds of resort fees but this was the firs time someone explained what it provided. We got free coffee and Disney shuttle. We had an issue with our toilet but it was resolved quickly. The breakfast was well worth the extra money. The waffles were shaped like Mickey and were good. Fresh juice and omelettes were included. Check out was great and the valley gave us water for the road. In all likelihood our next Disney stay will be here.

Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Jonathan54321
Reviewed July 11, 2014 via mobile

We transferred to this hotel from a Disney "resort" and it was the best decision we made. This hotel was spectacular. I cannot think of anything bad to say about it. The hotel was far cleaner than the Disney resort and the amenities offered by the hotel far exceeded what was offered at the Disney resort. In my opinion, this is a top tier hotel and will definitely stay here again on future trips to Orlando. The staff was superb - honestly friendly and very helpful. My stay here was one of the best out of any hotel I've ever stayed in!!!

Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank Crawfordkty4

What a great review! I appreciate your enthusiasm while writing on your experience with us. I'm very happy to read we met your expectations. We are here at your service!

Until next time dear guest!