Hilton Orlando Lake Buena Vista - Disney Springs™ Area
Ranked #148 of 339 Hotels in Orlando
Las Vegas, Nevada
“Business meeting”
Reviewed March 22, 2014

I had an opportunity to stay at the Hilton at Buena vista. Even though it was business meeting I really enjoyed the hotel in a whole. The hotel is close proximity to down town Disney. The hotel has resort like feel. I would recommend for family or business

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (612)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Finnish first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Reviewed March 22, 2014

I have to share my experience. After reading some of the reviews I was concerned on staying at the hilton orlando lake buena vista having always stayed at disney owned properties. I called the hotel prior and received a call back from the manager James . He answered all my concerns so we proceeded to stay there from Monday March 17 till this morning March 22. I am so happy we did. I travel for my job and have stayed in many hotels and can tell you some real horror stories this hotel isn't one of them. The staff always greeted us with smiles and good mornings, the 24 hr shop had great caffe lattes and breakfast sandwiches. Our room viewed downtown disney and we could see the Epcot fireworks when we were home. The pool and hotel in General we're clean and well maintained. As far as the daily resort fee, get over it. All resorts charge it one way or another. My kids loved the free DVD at night and the gym was good. Yes, there are a lot of convention people. Didn't bother me because I'm usually one of them. Free waters, wifi and printer to print out your boarding passes. The transportation was every 30 min more or less and the only complaint I have on that is that getting to magic kingdom was aliitle labor intensive as opposed to the other resorts. This has nothing to do with the hilton. Loved the extra magic hours and having stayed at MANY disney owned properties after a long day at the park having really comfortable beds was worth a ton. Long story short, coming from a professional who travels a lot, this hilton is well worth the price and offers a ton in exchange. We would stay there again hoping disney will open up the pre reservations for fast pass to this hilton in the future. James, thank you for taking care of my concerns and giving us a wonderful visit to your hotel. Esther

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
3 Thank esmatt4
Cheseaux-sur-Lausanne, Switzerland
Reviewed March 21, 2014

I stayed here on a trip to Disney with my wife in December 2013.

As a fan of the Hilton brand, I thought it best to stick with what I know when I booked this establishment for our trip. Little did I know that I was going to experience a level of mediocrity that seems to have become the hallmark of a wide variety of Hilton establishments.

1) Rooms
The room we were in was very average and a little dated, with the furnishings in definite need of some renovation. Free bottled water was appreciated, but the bathroom and design of the fixings left a lot to be desired. The wifi was also not particularly speedy, and the connection was patchy. It really felt like being transported back in time to the 1980s, where a room of this caliber may have been considered avant garde.

2) "Starbucks in the Hotel"
So one of the selling points for me was that there was a Starbucks conveniently located on the premises for that great morning cup of joe. Unfortunately, the Starbucks turned out to be a counter in the small food shop that served Starbucks coffee, but cannot at all be referenced as a proper Starbucks (Caramel Macchiato? What's that?). Shocking and misleading. Really. The free vouchers for a "Starbucks" coffee didn't make up for this shameless false advertising.

3) Breakfast
Breakfast was decent, if a little overpriced. There was a selection of different foodstuffs available, yet these were not replaced quickly enough to keep up with demand. Perhaps a word should be had with the manager of the kitchen.

4) Distance to the Parks
I was slightly disappointed with how inaccurate the selling of this property was in the information brochures I had consulted. It claimed it was 10 minutes from the parks by complimentary bus service, yet I found this also to be wholly inaccurate. It took at least thirty minutes to the closest Disney park, and, had I known this in advance, I would have chosen to stay at a different hotel.

Overall, this place was just that, okay. A place where you can come and expect to be right in the middle of the road, a fair distance from the parks, and perpetually under-whelmed. I really wish Hilton would do something about these properties, since as a customer, I never seem to know what standard to expect. Sometimes it's good, sometimes it's bad, sometimes it's somewhere in the middle, and the whole thing is just generally disappointing.

Perhaps the time has come to switch to another brand, where one can be certain of what one is getting from the start.

Room Tip: It really doesn't matter
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank MagisterDom
Boynton Beach, Florida, United States
Reviewed March 20, 2014

On a recent business trip to Orlando, Florida, I attended a convention at this hotel. The **only** downside is paying so much for parking. The hotel is excellent in all respects. They handled our 1500 attendees with easy aplomb. Conference facilities were seamless -- I don't recall any issues other than a ballroom being a little chilly for an early AM meeting. The guest rooms are spacious and well appointed. Very comfortable for business or families. Nice amenities for kids, including two pools and a Disney store on premises.

For special mention, Andiamo Italian Bistro and Neri at the bar are not to be missed. If you like Italian food, good drinks, good steaks, wonderful pasta, visit this place when you are in town. Neri made us feel welcome and special. In reality, these folks know what they are doing and Neri is no exception. Special requests were fulfilled perfectly. And the food!!! We ate dinner at Andiamo both evenings. I had Chicken Parmigiana one evening and Chicken Picatta the second. My wife had Caprisi and Pork Marsala. They were was exceptional.

Hotel and restaurant -- both recommended.

Room Tip: We were in a mini-suite. I don't know if that is their rack room or an upgrade. If you have to p...
1 Thank DavidD820
El Paso, Texas
Reviewed March 20, 2014

My wife had a conference at this Hilton, so the hotel choice was made by her employer. I am a Hilton Honors member, so I usually stay at Hilton properties. The hotel is very nice, the rooms are a bit small, but very adequate for our general purpose of sleeping and showering---we spent the majority of out time at the parks. The bus trips to the parks were a bit long (30-40 minutes), so allow yourself extra time to and from the parks.

This Hilton is perfectly situated right across the street from Downtown Disney. It's a 5 minute walk over to the shops and restaurants. On the evening that we went to Downtown Disney, our intent was to look around, shop and dine. I did not make reservations and was shocked to find out that every dine-in restaurant had a 2-hour wait. It was getting late and we were hungry, so I suggested that we return to the hotel and take advantage of the coupon that was given to us at check-in for a free child's dinner at Andiamo Italian Bistro. We were so glad that we did--the food and service were excellent !! We had the calamari as an appetizer, I had a Caesar's salad, my wife had the lasagna, and my son selected the spaghetti from the child's menu (a very large "child's" portion).

Our waiter was very attentive and we found out that everything was made in-house including the lemon aioli for the calamari, the bolognese sauce in the pasta dishes and the Caesar's salad dressing. Everything was absolutely delicious! It was truly a fine dining experience. I would have never thought of eating at the hotel, but we were so pleased that we did. It was one of the best meals of the entire trip. I would certainly make it a point to eat there again.

3 Thank VSLawyer
Reviewed March 19, 2014 via mobile

We got a great price at this hotel, and they were very nice to us with coupons, etc. Breakfast buffet was good too. Downside was the amount of time it took to get anywhere with the shuttles: 30-60 each way, which was really hard with young children. It's great that they provide the shuttles, but there's got to be a way to be more efficient with travel times.

Stayed March 2014
1 Thank Bermudaonion70
Memphis, Tennessee
Reviewed March 19, 2014

I will preface this with a mention that I stayed at this property due to my daughter's National Cheer Competition- along with quite a few other team members and families. We stayed at the Swan/Dolphin (loved it, read my review on this) last year and this is a new property stay for us. The first thing I will say is that the location is great if you are wanting to stay off Disney proper. You are literally across the street from Downtown Disney and of course, free WDW transportation to the resorts (hop off at a resort and jump in line to go to any parks)- again, great location for WDW fans (which we are). We arrived early from the Airport and basically swamped the hotel staff, two full buses of Cheerleaders and family- all at once. The hotel staff was quick to let us know the rooms were not yet available, but they were constantly checking in on ready rooms to get families up to their rooms. It was rough, I admit it, but what kept me calm was the hotel GM, working the baggage area alongside his employees! Mr. James Grosso is the hardest working hotel GM I have ever met in my travels- I appreciated seeing him, on the floor helping out- thank you sir! The rooms were great, had a beautiful view of Downtown Disney and front row seating to the fireworks show at Magic Kingdom each night we came back to the hotel early! Rooms were clean, hotel was clean- great comfortable and secure surroundings- a great stay all around! The shuttles ran to parks and picked up from the Ticket Center at WDW so we stayed on our tried and tested hop on the bus at Downtown Disney to a resort and hop into a park bus line at that resort! Overall, a great 6 day stay at the Hilton Orlando Lake Buena Vista- yes, there is a parking fee, yes there is a resort fee- just a heads up.

Room Tip: I requested a high floor, just because I love the view from up high. You can ask for a view of Downt...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family