“Best Quiet Hotel For Disney Vacation”

Hilton Orlando Lake Buena Vista - Disney Springs™ Area
Ranked #147 of 340 Hotels in Orlando
Reviewed March 1, 2014

I took my daughter for her first Disney vacation and we couldn't have stayed at a better hotel than the Hilton. What a great location away from the crowds for us non typical Disney guests.
Our room was upgraded to a beautiful spacious suite with an amazing view (and two large windows) overlooking downtown Disney. My 7 year old gave it two thumbs up.
The room and hotel was clean and immaculate. The service from the front desk (kind, polite, and accommodating) to the housekeepers (extremely warm and attentive) exuded professionalism and attentiveness.
The beds were comfortable with high thread count sheets.
The best part: everyone treated us wonderfully. Even with two conventions staying here, we were very well treated.
If you are looking for a quiet, respectful place away from the typical Disney crowds, you have found it.
I definitely recommend this hotel and can't wait to return on a future visit.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank OneHarlemMom
JamesGrosso, General Manager at Hilton Orlando Lake Buena Vista - Disney Springs™ Area, responded to this reviewResponded March 13, 2014

ACT06, we’re delighted to hear that we were given two thumbs up! Our staff works very hard to make sure every guest’s stay is like yours. Thank you for taking the time and writing a review about the Hilton Orlando lake Buena Vista and we do hope that we have the opportunity to serve you again during your travels.

Reviewed February 28, 2014

I have just returned from my fifth and last ever stay at this hotel. I booked three rooms for 9 nights and my daughter booked one room for 14 nights paying a price that was supposed to include all taxes and fees as in the past. To say that we were horrified is an understatement when we were charged $22 per day per room a total of $900 + taxes and also charged $13 per car per day a total of $300 plus taxes we ended up paying more than $1300 for little or no service. To make matters worse we were staying during a very large conference which meant that when we were using the facilities that we were paying top dollar for e,g. the pools we were surrounded by business people on mobile phones and laptops holding conference calls. The bar area was absolutely thronged with business guests shouting and roaring and standing over us while we tried to eat ensuring that we were made to feel very uncomfortable until we gave up and left. I am so disappointed with the poor service we received that I will actually think twice before I will consider any hotel in the Hilton family. To add insult to injury we were all given rooms that overlooked the car park and the I4 except one room which was overlooking the front door. Stay somewhere else if you are there for extended periods for a Disney vacation.

Room Tip: Check there isn't a conference on if booking for a vacation.
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank Shar0n2014
JamesGrosso, General Manager at Hilton Orlando Lake Buena Vista - Disney Springs™ Area, responded to this reviewResponded March 3, 2014

We value your loyalty to us and are very disappointed to hear that you did not receive the great service you deserve and expect. We work diligently with our staff to ensure each of our guests is respectful of others, while still enjoying their stay and special event. We're working to reevaluate our processes and ensure we're meeting guests' needs. We hope you will give us another chance to serve you and your family.

Kind regards,

Reviewed February 28, 2014

We were in Orlando for a conference and the Hilton was the host Hotel. WE loved our room. We could even see the Disney World fireworks from our room!!
The staff at the hotel were all very nice and super helpful. We were even allowed a late checkout since we were Hilton Rewards members. All in all a great stay.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Chris H

Thank you for the great review and for being a loyal Hhonors member. We’re happy you enjoyed your stay here so much, and we hope that you come back to visit in the future!

Reviewed February 28, 2014

I have stayed at several hotels in the area and this is the best hotel in Lake Buena Vista by far! The rooms are clean and the beds are comfortable. The staff was friendly and extremely helpful. I would absolutely recomment this hotel.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
1  Thank James H

James H., Thank you for your review. We’re happy to hear that we’ve made a lasting impression on you. We hope that you give us the opportunity to serve you in the future.

Reviewed February 26, 2014

I stayed at this hotel for three nights during a conference.
The fact that this is a Hilton property really doesn't mean anything here: the rooms are average and definitely not worth the price tag.
I had a "pure" room which has an air purifier and it's supposed to be ipo-allergenic, but a close inspection to the office chair revealed LOTS of dust.
My room faced a concrete roof and the expressway, yuck.
I stayed at the other Orlando property and liked it much better, but this one is basically a glorified family hotel, very close to downtown Disney, pretty nice for an evening walk, but far away from restaurants and shops. This really bothered me because I didn't travel by car and the only dining options are inside the hotel ($$$) or downtown Disney (Really crowded and average food).
This lobby is always full of kids running around, which make this hotel not particularly suitable for business trips.
The pool was nice but the staff LOVES to use a gas leaf blower in the morning, even if there are guests around.
Pros: the front desk will give you 1 coupon for a 16oz. water and one for a 16oz. coffee per night of stay, whoa big deal.
They also give you coupons for a free movie rental, which I attempted to use but both machines were out of movies.
Bottom line: I was pretty disappointed, stay here only if the location of this property is important to you and the price isn't.

Room Tip: Get a pool view or you might as well stay at the Red Roof inn.
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Marco A
Reviewed February 25, 2014

We had to pay $22/ day resort fee (for pools and DVD rentals we never used) AND $14/day for the privilege of parking our own car (more for valet of course). It 's just kinda silly. Add the costs to the room charge and be done with it! I know they tell you in advance, but it still bugs me.

One incident while there. My daughter picked up one of the drinking glasses in the room, and a huge chunk of glass was broken off. It was left in our room like that with the little paper cover over it! It made us a little nervous wondering if the missing piece of glass was on the floor somewhere. My husband went to the front desk to show them. They told us they would sweep the room just in case, but a few minutes later when someone came to the door, all they did was hand us some new glasses. I know accidents happen, but it seems pretty careless of the room attendant to have left it like that.

That said, we had a nice stay there. The place definitely has a lot of business people staying there, but also families like us doing Disney. Downtown disney is a very convenient walk across the street. We didn't use the shuttles so I can't comment on that.

Our room was a jr suite overlooking the pool area and downtown Disney. We had a nice view of the fireworks at Epcot at night. Beds were very comfy. The sofa bed was okay as sofa beds go. The room was pretty spacious. There was a sink both in the bathroom and outside. Bathroom/shower area very clean. Our room was right near the ice/vending room and elevators, but we didn't notice any excessive amount of noise.

We only used the pool area once (for the bargain price of $154!). Apparently one of the pools was heated but the other wasn't. Clean, nice pool area though. Drinks seemed pretty high priced at the bar there.

Check in and out were both quick/easy. The marketplace was okay for picking up snacks or light breakfast. They had cereal, some pastries, a few bagels, yogurt and a couple of fruit choices. We did have one of the premade sandwiches one night when we came in late, it was acceptable. We never ate at any of the restaurants. Bar area was nice (but crowded with all the business folks every night).

Overall nice stay, but I still prefer to stay on Disney property when going, especially now with the new fastpass+ system.

Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank purplebook
Reviewed February 25, 2014

We bought this room on a 'major hotel bidding site' that features a 'major TV and movie space captain' for seven tee tree smackers each for two nights. I knew I was agreeing to pay for parking/resort fees as part of the deal, but I was still disappointed to have that total an additional $35 on top of the negotiated rate (nearly double). The hotel does offer the Disney bus service which is a major plus, but I sure wish they'd find a way of disclosing this sort of body slam in advance. Otherwise the hotel was decent enough. The pools are pedestrian, and the food overpriced. Our room had a lovely view of the front parking lot, and windows that were screwed shut. The beds were typical (good) Hilton quality, and the room was mostly clean. I did not when I was seated in "my office" that looking under the sink area revealed that area hadn't had detailed attention in quite a while. We enjoyed the free DVD service, though the choices were quite limited. Our resort fee included 2 free bottled waters per day (something that was supposed to be included with my Hhonors membership anyway. You did have to go wait in line in the sundry shop to get them. The bidding method is being compromised with these fees, and I look forward to a competitor coming up with a service that takes the bait and switch off the table.

Room Tip: They have 10 floors. The pools are on the rear of the building.
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple