“Never forget anything in your room”

Hilton Orlando Lake Buena Vista - Disney Springs™ Area
Ranked #147 of 340 Hotels in Orlando
Reviewed January 13, 2014

Left a MiFi device in the room and called after checking out. They said they didnt have it but would check the room and call me back. They never did and now they say they have nothing in Lost and Found. The next guest probably found it and is using it... Wish they would have checked the room right away and called me as they said they would. Typical for Florida

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
JamesGrosso, General Manager at Hilton Orlando Lake Buena Vista - Disney Springs™ Area, responded to this reviewResponded February 11, 2014

We're so sorry that you left your MIFI device behind upon your departure , as we discussed the guest room as well as our lost and found department has been searched , unfortunately the device has not been located. Should it be found , rest assured we will contact you immediately

Kind regards,
James Grosso

Reviewed January 13, 2014

We really loved this place. Great staff From Oscar the bartender, to the front desk, and cleaning staff.. My only concern was the the beds.. there the sleep number type, but I got use to it by the second night... nice weekend with my wife!!!!!

Reviewed January 13, 2014

.. but avoid the italian restaurant in the hotel! This the reason why service is rated low. The Menu is funny to read but the culinary experience less. Location is great just across Disney Downtown and the Shuttle Service to the attraction is a Plus.

Reviewed January 12, 2014

First things first, I'm difficult to please when it comes to accommodations, so a "3 Star" rating from me is a place I would voluntarily return to, but it's not necessarily a property I'd consider to be on my "short list" is I have my choice.

That said, the Hilton Orlando (inside Disney, aka "Hilton Orlando Lake Buena Vista") is a good location to use as a base of operations for visits into the Magic Kingdom. They are, I believe, the only non-Disney owned property to offer extended Disney hours, and use of the Disney transportation system/shuttles - so that is definitely a plus.

I really enjoyed the fact that they have 3 different restaurants (to include a sure bet fav with the kids, the hibachi at Benihana's) a Disney Store, a rental car agency, and a 24-hour convenience store in the lobby.

I was just there during the "Polar Vortex" that plagued parts of the northern and eastern states, and the temp's in Orlando were down to 30 degrees at night - a bit too chilly even for this New Englander to venture out to the pool area, but it looked nice.

The rooms for the hotel were pretty average, especially after the really fantastic impression the lobby makes - It could have been that I was simply in an older room, but it was nothing to write home about, hence the 3 stars instead of 4 (which for me, means really, really good). The furniture in my room had dings in the wood and stains on the carpet. I'm not so picky that I really got worked up about those things, but attention to detail matters - Again, it's possible I was in an older room (5th floor).

All in all, if you're looking for a decent enough place to fall asleep after a long day inside the parks, the location, lobby, food offerings, and pool area (when warm enough) all make the Hilton a good choice.

Room Tip: Higher level floors (above 5th) seem to have really good (possibly unobstructed) views of the firewo...
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
3  Thank Bill K
Reviewed January 12, 2014

Rooms are very nice, clean and comfortable. Pool area and workout facilities are nice. Be prepared for both "resort fees" and parking fees in addition to advertised rate. Eating lunch in the hotel restaurant was a mistake. High prices, low quality, poor service. Just don't.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank caalie
Reviewed January 11, 2014

Close to Downtown Disney and Disney World theme parks. Overall great experience. Recommend reviewing transportation options if you don't get a rental car. It is possible to see Universal Studios but for additional cost.

Reviewed January 11, 2014

Rooms - Our standard room on the 9th floor was very spacious with ample storage for all our stuff (2 weeks stay worth), lots of big mirrors, two sinks, a tub and shower. Our view looked out the front of the building, there wasn't really anything to see and no balcony, so not a drawback at all. Free wifi was good, reliable and included as part of the "resort fee" of $22 per day. There was no minibar, but there was a small empty fridge for storing our bottles of water and doggie bags in. Our room was clean and well-maintained, but not perfect - a few dinks here and there but only through general wear & tear - absolutely nothing icky or overlooked.

Breakfast - we dined at the Covington Mill buffet twice during our stay. It was approx $22 per person (I think) and included all the usuals - hot buffet, eggs and pancakes made to order, fresh fruit, yoghurt, pastries etc. This didn't feel like good value for money to us, so we mostly grabbed breakfast from the 24 Market located right next door to the buffet which offered toasted bagels, cereals, fruit salads, yoghurts etc. Very convenient and lots of seating available just outside the shop - or eaten in the bus queue if it was an early park morning!

Perks - The Hilton was a great choice for our holiday at Disney World. We loved the perks of free shuttle buses to the Disney parks (approx 20-30 minute journey time each way) and Extra Magic Hours (show them your Hilton room key and tell them you're at the Downtown Disney Hilton if they look confused!) - we were riding the Astro Orbiter with almost no waiting and way past our bedtime thanks to this perk! Even though it was "winter" there were still shuttles to the water park Blizzard Beach twice a day each way (Typhoon Lagoon was closed for refurb at the time).

We took one of the hotel's town cars to the parks on a few mornings when we wanted to be at Hollywood Studios before the crowds, which cost around $25 I think. If you want to ride Toy Story Midway Mania without waiting 2 hours in line, DO THIS! Be at the park gates for no later than 8:15am and you'll walk (quickly) straight on to the ride.

Staff - everyone we encountered was wonderful - Hilton front desk staff were all very friendly and helpful, food and beverage ladies were all pleasant and housekeeping staff were very courteous.

Having stayed offsite in this area before (Lake Buena Vista Hotel), I can say that the Hilton is a better choice for Disney holidays for access to the Extra Magic Hours - it's the only offsite hotel that offers this. Feel free to send me a message if you have any specific questions about this hotel - happy to help!

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple