“Nice hotel, nice staff- would stay again”

Hilton Orlando Lake Buena Vista - Disney Springs™ Area
Ranked #148 of 339 Hotels in Orlando
“Nice hotel, nice staff- would stay again”
Reviewed December 18, 2013 via mobile

We very much enjoyed our stay, and we would stay here again.

The rates are very reasonable and the rooms are nice and very clean. The front desk staff is was very helpful. A couple of notes:

The Disney shuttles come every 30 minutes starting at 8:30. Our 8:30 shuttle to Hollywood Studios never came and we ended up waiting until ~9:10 to get on a shuttle.

It took about 20 minutes to get from the hotel to Hollywood Studios. This particular shuttle also I goes to Magic Kingdom, and HS is the second stop.

Around 11:30 pm, we waited briefly for the shuttle from Magic Kingdom back to the hotel, but got impatient and took a cab. It was a $22 cab fare before the tip.

The in room dining is very good and the portions are huge. I had the burger and fish and chips and I would recommend those.

This particular hotel's guests are eligible for "extra magic hours" at the park. It is different each day, but the day we went, Magic Kingdom closed at 11:00 pm, but because we were Hilton guests, we could have stayed until 1:00 am. However, we purchased tickets online and didn't have the proper tickets. To qualify for this perk, I believe you have to purchase the tickets from the Hotel lobby sales people.

Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Nick C

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (612)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Finnish first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Cape Coral, Florida
Reviewed December 17, 2013

Look, we have all been to hotels good or bad and at almost any hotel I have stayed at If i look hard and long I can find faults. That being said for the price we paid, and the convenience to downtown Disney you really can't find a better place to stay. There are reviews saying it needs updating, if by updating they mean maintenance then yes they could work on some things, but by no means is this a dump. I found faults with my room, not big enough for me to care, its a rental, you don't own it! you're there for a short time, quit complaining and get out and explore!

To start with booking, I used my Fl resident rate and got it for under $100/ night, this is before the taxes and fees(parking/ valet/ resort), so the real rate when those were included it was still under $150/night. That's a good deal for the week or two before Christmas.

The hotel is very easy to find once on Disney property, just follow signage for Downtown Disney. As we arrived on a Friday afternoon it was a little busy waiting on the Valet as there were multiple functions going on at the hotel and it was about to be too much for them to handle at the valet stand, about a 3-5 min wait is what we experienced and the guys are very helpful.

Check in didn't go as planned, but I understand technology can fail at times, we were lucky to have family at the hotel who had checked in already in the room next to ours, we get up there and the keys don't work, I have 2 kids under 2 who have been in the magic kingdom for the past few hours to set the scene. I go back down to the lobby, wait in line again for 2-3 min and get the same rep, he re coded the keys and off i was again, this time with the same result. A call from the other room booked had a manager up within a min to let us in the room, and 3 min later our luggage was delivered with new keys that worked!

The room is your standard Hilton, yes there are some signs of age, but nothing that would make me go down and change rooms as other have. You will find rust in the bathroom, on the door frame about 8 inches off the ground near the hinge closest to the tub, I suspect years of over spray from the shower/tub combo is to blame but by no means does it make this unacceptable. I also noted a few stains on the carpet, but with its proximity to Disney, and having Kids, this was almost expected as they can be messy and accidents do happen. Were not talking large stains either, maybe 1 inch long by a half inch wide, and I only saw 2 on the carpet during my 4 day stay. Beds are comfy as always, pillows are good too! Plenty of towels and space for a family of 4.

With your stay you get 2 drink vouchers a day for water or starbucks coffee, I got coffee every morning in the lobby and had breakfast from that market as well, expect prices to be inline with disney as candy bars are $2.50, and muffins are $3.50, hot breakfast sandwiches are $6.95. There were 2 other restaurants in the hotel that I didn't venture to so i can not leave any advice on that.

We loved that we could cross the street and be in downtown disney in under 5 min( time from leaving our room, getting to the cross walk, crossing and then entering), there are lots of dining options there as well as entertainment venues, bowling, movies, arcade, shopping, dancing, the list goes on.

The hotel does offer transportation to disney, but in my opinion you're better off crossing the street, taking a bus to saratoga springs and then hopping on what ever bus you want to. The hotel bus runs every 30 min, except when the driver chose to take lunch with no one covering leaving those at the hotel waiting over an hour. The busses at downtown disney run every 15 min, and when you factor in the the transfer it's still quicker than the one offered by the hotel, as well as more consistent.

All in all I would stay there again, It will become my winter hotel in the disney area, as the other hotel by this brand about 2 miles away has a better pool for our summer trips.

Room Tip: Don't look for issues with the room, and you won't find them, enjoy the magic of Disney
4 Thank swimmarz
Orlando, Florida
Reviewed December 16, 2013

Property is in a great location and the facilities were nicely kept, We enjoyed the close proximity to Downtown Disney and ability to use buses to get to and from the theme parks. There are trade-off's like you either spend time waiting for the Disney parking lot tram when you drive yourself and pay $15 for parking or you can take bus, which means stopping at 3 adjacent properties and riding to Epcot if you are heading to Hollywood Studios.

Bloomingdale, New Jersey
Reviewed December 16, 2013

Room was ready when I checked in, which was great. View of Downtown Disney from the top floor was really nice, but the room had several things wrong with it. Adjustable showerhead that kept falling, bathtub drain that wouldn't stay open (filled up the tub while showering), outlets near the bed wouldn't hold a plug, hair dryer blew a fuse in the bathroom and nothing worked in there again even after resetting and testing multiple times, tall lamp in front of the window blocked views and made it difficult to open/close the blinds, and the overall room was very cramped and small. After dealing with several outlets that wouldn't work in the room, I called the front desk and asked to change rooms which they accommodated immediately. My second room was pretty much the same as the first without the views, but was a bit lighter and had working outlets. However, this one had a light switch that did nothing and a toilet that needed to be flushed 3 or 4 times (everytime...) before it worked properly. At that point, I was happy enough to have working plugs and bathtub that didn't fill up with water everytime I took a shower, so I let it go.

I have stayed at this hotel once in the past and was very pleased with their accommodations and services. This time, not so much. It's a shame that this hotel is in such a great location (right across from Downtown Disney)...they need to take better care of it. The other on-site amenities were good, they just need to update their rooms.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
Barrie, Canada
Reviewed December 16, 2013

I am back from a week staying at the Hilton Orlando Lake Buena Vista while my partner was there on a medical conference. My partner stayed a hotel the year before that he was not too keen on going back and staying at so being a researcher at heart I choose this hotel from the reviews from this site. I was very pleased overall of the location, employees from the front desk who checked us in to a great room for us while we were there for a week (rm 864). It was lovely to have during that week. I will hope to ask and get something like that next year for the week we will be back for the same conference. I liked the food for Breakfast buffet ( I would love their recipesfor the bread pudding and sauce...YUM!!!). The waitstaff in the restaurant at breakfast to the manager were excellent, housekeepers, the young man in the parking lot booth was very nice and helpful. The bus drivers to the malls, disney locations also were all very good. What a great place to stay whether you are a couple or with kids, it is a place I plan to book each year when staying at our conference. Thank you for a great stay.

****My only suggestion to the hotel is that in the workout room it would be nice to see wipes that you can pull off from the wall to clean the equipment with.It is an excerise room that was well used by many and just helps cut down on spreading any germs. (being in healthcare that is my concern).

Room Tip: Great to get a room that faced downtown disney for the overall look of the place and fireworks, etc...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Mary-Louise M
JamesGrosso, General Manager at Hilton Orlando Lake Buena Vista - Disney Springs™ Area, responded to this review, December 17, 2013
Hello Mary-Louise M, thank you kindly for your great review. I'm excited to learn you and your partner had such a great time while in conference, and can't wait to host you again. I do appreciate your comment regarding the wipes, and we'll certainly take it into consideration.

Happy Holiday to you and yours!

Best regards,
James Grosso
Weston, Florida
Reviewed December 15, 2013

This Hilton is one of the aging concrete hotels in the Lake Buena Vista area. The hotel is a short walk from Downtown Disney and is very close to I4. The interior finishes have been refreshed to keep it attractive, but they are not hiding some of the rough edges that indicate age.

This time we were "upgraded" to the parlor for a two bedroom suite. The area was very large, but the room was not as nice or comfortable as a typical Hilton guest room and was disappointing. The hotel staff members that we interacted with were very friendly with big smiles. The lobby is updated and has plenty of the amenities that you expect from a Disney location. We also enjoyed the Executive Lounge which is always a treat, but was very busy.

The $18 per day resort fee, even for Hilton Honors Diamond members is annoying since it does not include parking or anything else that we used. They touted the unlimited DVD rentals included in the fee as if we came to Disney to sit in the room and watch movies all day.

The hotel grounds are spacious and the landscaping is mature which gives the place curb appeal.

Overall, not bad just no Wow factor.

Charlottesville, United States
Reviewed December 12, 2013

Very disappointed in room quality as well as the hotels inability to provide what was booked. After spending over an hour at check in with poor desk clerk trying to find what was promised, I was put in substandard room. Then I was switched to new room. Which was over 80 degrees when I walked in, had stained carpet, horrible musty smell and stained linens. Given the time it took to check in, I could not switch rooms. (traveling with young child who was up 3 hrs past bedtime at this point). Added to this was housekeeping that didn't show up until 8pm at night, a super expensive resort fee....well, I would say, look elsewhere.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

3 Thank Allison K
JamesGrosso, General Manager at Hilton Orlando Lake Buena Vista - Disney Springs™ Area, responded to this review, December 13, 2013
We appreciate your honest feedback. It's always our goal to ensure guests are completely taken care of and feel comfortable. Your comments regarding your room conditions have been addressed and are not standard at our hotel. We apologize for the inconvenience and hope we can make it up to you the next time you stay with us.

Kind regards,