“Pleasantly surprised”

Hilton Orlando Lake Buena Vista - Disney Springs™ Area
Ranked #147 of 340 Hotels in Orlando
Reviewed May 15, 2013

Checked into the hotel with no problems at the front desk. The bellmen and the car valets were very nice and efficient. My room was large with all the amenities I needed AND it was very clean. As I was visiting family I didn't use the pool, gym, bar or restaurant at the hotel, but everyone wandering around seemed very happy. The auto valet service was excellent and speedy. They were happy to give directions. My only complaint was the daily service fee. Rip-off.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo

Reviewed May 15, 2013

I was very pleased with this Hilton. They seemed extra friendly, but of course this is part of Disney World. Lovely visit. I was with a friend to attend a conference presentation and everything seemed so well managed.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
Reviewed May 11, 2013

As with every April for the last couple years, I stayed at this property. The hotel is starting to show its age/wear. was kind of upset neither my room keys worked and had to make a track downstairs, to correct.
Bar drink prices where outrageous.. fortunately I don't really drink,, so I didn't east my time.

food was OK at Italian eatery. they let me get in for a late dinner at 1055 pm. they close at 11. I appreciated that since I was up close to 48 hours straight and haven't had a decent meal in over 2 days.

bed was great!! at the end of the day, I need a great comfy bed. it didn't disappoint.

average rating is do to the fact it is average for this type of category hotel

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank scooby-BTR
JamesGrosso, General Manager at Hilton Orlando Lake Buena Vista - Disney Springs™ Area, responded to this reviewResponded May 14, 2013

Your feedback is incredibly important to us and we value your loyalty. We will utilize your comments for future updates and changes and ask that you let us know the next time you'll be staying with us. We'd love to make it extra special.

Kind regards,

Reviewed May 11, 2013

So I checked into my hotel after purchasing it on priceline... only to learn that my supposed great deal was a sham... not only was the hotrl not great and fullnof drunks rambling through the lobby but they charge you over 33.00 to park and these made up resort fees.... the fees for the hotel were almost HALF of what I paid for the hotel a night... so figure in my fees and I got hosed... stay on a DISNEY property where there is no BAIT and SWITCH....the only nice thing about thr hotel is location but I could have stayed on property for cheaper.... really 13.00 for parking on top of a ridiculous resort fee... that is insane. ...

• Stayed: May 2013
7  Thank DrDarrow

Your feedback is very important to us as we try to keep our costs competitive without sacrificing quality or services. Your comments have been passed on to the appropriate members of our team for evaluation. I can assure you that it is never our intention to offer anything but a great guest experience and we would be happy to hear any suggestions you may have that would make it better.

Kind regards,

Reviewed May 10, 2013

We reserved a room with a Downtown Disney view and arrived at 2:45 & were told that our room would be ready at 4 p.m. They also said they could get us an upper floor room away from the elevator, as we requested. They told us it would be an extra $5 per day for this. Thought that was weird because they never charged us before. So when we went back at 4p.m. they told us that our room was not ready because they were changing the mattresses out on our floor & were making the beds. We went back up around 5 & they told us our room was ready. We were just happy to have our room ready. When we go into our room it was an upper floor room, however it was next to the elevator & the view was Interstate 4 and not Downtown Disney. We called them & they said that they were not going to charge us extra and they gave us extra Hilton Honor points. Every time we went to the front desk during check in, we never had the same person & it seemed like every story was different. All the staff was super nice, but they just seemed to give us a different answer every time.
The room was huge & clean. The bathroom had an outside vanity & a sink in the bathroom itself. We had a pull out sofa bed, flat screen TV, single chair & a desk. The bed was a king size bed & we were happy to have what we thought was a new mattress. The windows are not double paned, so we could hear the traffic on the Interstate 4 all night (we were on the 9th floor).
We never ate at any of the restaurants or took the bus to any of the parks because we are annual pass holders & receive free parking at all the parks. We did walk to Downtown Disney to catch a bus to other Disney resorts for dinner, which was a five-minute walk from the Hilton. We never used any of the amenities so I cannot comment on any of them. This was not our first stay here & I did not give it a good review & was hoping things have changed. Plus they charge you $22 per day for a resort fee & we never used anything on the resort.
After our first night, we woke up the next day & both of our bodies were hurting because the beds were not comfortable. The mattress was springy. I highly doubt that we were sleeping on a brand new mattress. You can hear everything in the hallways & everything that was going on with Interstate 4. We heard sirens, car alarms, and people in the hallways. We did not get an ounce of sleep the entire weekend. We will not be staying here again & would not recommend this place to any of our friends or family.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
5  Thank ScubaCF
Reviewed May 9, 2013

I am making a run at Hilton Honors Diamond status based on the "spend incentive" on my HH VISA, so all of my trips this year have been in Hiltons. usually we stay at either Disney properties, or the Swan or Dolphin. If you are using or making a run on HH points, this isn't a bad choice, but if you are not in those categories there are much better options in the same price range including any of the Disney moderates or Swan/Dolphin.

Tips: The buses from the Hilton go to the parks, the buses from Downtown Disney go to resorts.

Cons: the onsite italian restaurant was horrible, avoid it !, the HVAC controls have a pre-set range that may not get cool enough for some....68 was the lowest it would go. The bathroom fan is hardwired to the light switch...so any thought of a relaxing bath is off the table !

Pros: appreciated the extended hours in the executive lounge, but wish they had a few more options like cheese and crackers, veggies. Also loved the connivence of the brewed Starbucks in the marketplace shop. Nice Disney gift shop.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank JudyfromBoise
JamesGrosso, General Manager at Hilton Orlando Lake Buena Vista - Disney Springs™ Area, responded to this reviewResponded May 10, 2013

Thank you for both the positive feedback and constructive comments. I'm so sorry to hear that the temperature was uncomfortable for you . We'll be sure to work with our team to address your concerns. We certainly appreciate your loyalty as a rewards member and hope we can serve you again.

Safe travels,

Reviewed May 9, 2013

For business or pleasure Hilton LBV is the right place to stay. Everyone was curtious and friendly from the Front desk till the Lounge staff. Very well maintained and felt well taken care of. Will definitly stay there each time I am in the area.Thanks again to Sony at the executive lounge,Sandy,the room attendant and every one in the Kitchen who made sure that may favorite steak sandwich is always cooked to temperature. Thanks to everyone in the back of the house who made sure that our stay was enjoyable and felt like a home far away from home.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business