“Convenient to downtown Disney”

Hilton Orlando Lake Buena Vista - Disney Springs™ Area
Ranked #148 of 340 Hotels in Orlando
Reviewed October 20, 2012 via mobile

Stayed here for a work conference and the room was very clean and hotel staff were very courteous. Less than 5 minute walk to Downtown Disney. Very safe environment even late at night. Beautiful pool area.

• Stayed: October 2012
There are newer reviews for Hilton Orlando Lake Buena Vista - Disney Springs™ Area

Reviewed October 18, 2012

My family recently stayed in the Hilton Downtown Disney for vacation and enjoyed the stay. While the place was a little dated, it still looked very nice. The entire staff was very friendly and our room was very clean. The shuttle service to the various parks was very convenient; however, it does make stops at several other hotels nearby before heading on to the park. A great thing is the Disney Store inside the hotel where you can purchase your park tickets without having to wait in long lines at the parks. There are other stores inside the hotel as well as several restaurants and a small sandwich shop for late night snacks. The place has two swimming pools and a hot tub for you lovers. As with other Hilton Hotels, you have to pay to park which is $13.00 a day for self-parking and $20 a day for valet. The hotel is situated within walking distance from Downtown Disney which is very convenient for dining, buying souvenirs, or for a little night life activity.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed October 17, 2012 via mobile

The hotel have one of the best location
U can ask for near walking distance to
Down town Disney and a close ride to the parks
The rooms are dated and for me the bed wasn't great . The receptionist was a bit of grouche and I was surprised as its not my first time staying there .

• Stayed: October 2012
1  Thank Tildor
JamesGrosso, General Manager at Hilton Orlando Lake Buena Vista - Disney Springs™ Area, responded to this reviewResponded October 19, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to share your review. We’re glad to hear you found our location convenient for your activities in town. We’re very sorry you were uncomfortable in our bed and that you received a substandard level of customer service with us. The issue you mentioned with our front desk agent has been addressed and I assure you it will not happen again. We appreciate you alerting us to this issue and we hope you will give us another chance if you return to the area.

Reviewed October 12, 2012

I stayed here about a month ago. And I will be back in early November. A few years ago I was staying at this hotel 3-4 nights a week while working in the area for about a year. I had been there so often I was on a first name basis with many of the employees. I rarely had any problems. I still don’t have problems. Hilton must be doing something right; they are the only 3rd party hotel company that has three brands and four hotel properties inside Walt Disney World.

I wonder at times if I’m staying at the same hotel that some of the reviews are talking about. I really think people expect the same things at any hotel property regardless of the actual hotel. Understand the differences in the company brands. Hampton Inn is the economic brand. Hilton Garden Inn is for the business traveler; Hilton is the full service, upper tier brand. Embassy Suites is the all Suites Brand. And so on.

I’ve seen reviews on Trip Advisor consider a Hampton Inn a luxury, top tier hotel and Hiltons compared to them. They are literally at the opposite ends of the Hilton brand spectrum; one the economical brand and the other the full service brand. I’m not saying that service should be lacking at any hotel property. Regardless of the name, the service should be outstanding, the property clean, linens fresh, rooms in outstanding condition.

As a full service hotel, they offer bellman services and valet services. Expect to tip for good service if this service is offered. You can park your car yourself and not tip and you can do your own baggage handling. People do it all the time. Yes, they have the mini mart that is open 24 hours a day. It’s convenient. Expect to pay for convenience. Water isn’t going to be $1 a bottle. Cereal boxes that are $1.25 in the grocery store are going to cost $3. Understand the hotel you’re at. It isn’t a Days Inn; it’s a Hilton. And it’s inside Disneyworld.

Buy the cereal at Goodings Supermarket across SR 536 and bring it to your room. The hotel really doesn’t mind. But realize it’s a full service hotel and you’re paying for a convenience store steps from your hotel room that is open 24 hours a day with snacks, sandwiches, breakfast items, fresh brewed coffee all day and night, candy, baked goods and so on. Yes, you will pay a premium for drinks at the bars. It’s a full service hotel so it comes with the territory.

One comment I saw said “Everything seems like an extra charge, even Disney Tickets.” Not sure why he thinks theme park tickets would be a complimentary item anywhere. Even at Disney owned hotels you pay for theme park tickets and don’t receive any kind of discounts.

Someone said parking is free across the street at Downtown Disney but you have to pay at the hotel. Downtown Disney parking is for Downtown Disney guests. It isn’t for people staying at hotels along Hotel Plaza. I have known people to say to me “We park for free at Downtown Disney, then take a bus to the Transportation and Ticket Center. There we change to a bus to Hollywood Studios or take the monorail to Epcot.” And an hour and a half later they are in the theme park. Is it really worth the waste of time to not pay to park in a theme park lot?

Yes, parking is expensive. All the hotels in Hotel Plaza charge for parking at comparable rates. It’s like that for a reason. Disney does not want inexpensive parking lots available where you can park for the day for $5 and take a bus to a theme park. They want you to park in a theme park lot and pay $12. To “motivate” you to do that, the hotels have high priced parking. Also parking lots are inconvenient for a reason. They want you to take the buses. They don’t want cars on the road to keep traffic to a minimum. Again, the distant parking is to motivate you to do something other than take your car, take the bus. It’s also a safety issue. More often than not, the cause of traffic accident at Disney is due to guests driving their own car, not knowing the roads well and the excitement of heading to a theme park distracts the driver.

Yes, this hotel is older. The Downtown Disney area was built at a time (late 1970’s) when Disney didn’t know if it wanted to be in the hotel business. So “hotel plaza” was created to allow brand hotels to build facilities inside Disney property.

Expect room prices to vary greatly at this hotel. Come at Christmas/New Years and expect to pay $200+ a night. Come mid September through mid November and you will get a room for under $100 a night. Same for early June. It will cost about $100 a night. Come around March/April and it is back around $200 a night. It’s also a convention and banquet hotel. You can expect prices to vary based on groups that may be using the hotel.

I don’t know of any full service, top tier hotels that offer free internet to everyone. I know if you’re at the Hilton Honors Gold Level you can get complimentary internet. Though I try to stay at Hilton branded properties I sometimes have to stay at other hotels. Other full service hotels (Marriott, [not Courtyard], Ritz, Westin) charge you for internet service. And they don’t give it away to conferences unless they have to. I just negotiated a contract for a conference event next spring. There was one contract point the hotel wouldn’t budge on and that was complimentary internet for conference attendees. I was willing to walk away and take my business elsewhere. They tried everything to not have to give it away and in the end they blinked before I did. That’s how significant a revenue source internet service is to the hotels.

At this hotel you’re paying for the convenience of being close to Disney. It isn’t a Days Inn or HoJo or Comfort Inn. If you want cheap (and I mean cheap, not inexpensive), stay out on US 192 or on International Drive. Fight the traffic getting to the theme parks, if you’re driving, you still have to pay $12 to park, and waste a lot of time travelling.

This is a Hilton Hotel in a Resort area. It’s a full service hotel; expect to pay a premium. It has specific amenities that are expected in this type of hotel. It has three restaurants, a convenience store/mini mart (open 24 hours a day), two pools, extensive meeting space, a bar in the lobby, a fitness room, several retail stores and concierge services. If you don’t want to pay for these services and conveniences, then stay at an economy brand.

Room Tip: Views of Downtown Disney on higher floors will allow you to see some of the fireworks at Epcot and T...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
11  Thank trainmandan
Reviewed October 10, 2012

My husband and I took our nephews on their first trip to Disney World and stayed here. As a Hilton Honors Diamond member, I was upgraded to a junior suite, but it was far from impressive. The room wasn't going to be ready until 4pm, so we left for the park and returned late that night. The room was clean, although it could use some serious updating as it seemed pretty dark to me. The beds were comfortable and had nice clean down comforters, which made for a good nights rest. We took advantage of the character breakfast the next morning, which was great! I would highly recommend it! The location was convenient to both Disney and Downtown Disney (easy walk to DD), and the bus over to Disney World was very easy to take. If I was in the area, I would probably stay here again, although it's nothing I would be super excited about.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank mauionmymind08
JamesGrosso, General Manager at Hilton Orlando Lake Buena Vista - Disney Springs™ Area, responded to this reviewResponded October 16, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay at our hotel. We hope your nephews had a wonderful time at the theme parks. We truly appreciate your loyalty as a rewards member and we’re very sorry for the delay at check-in. Your feedback about the room décor is incredibly important to us and we are taking your comments into consideration as we improve our on-property experience. We hope to have another opportunity to serve you, if your travels bring you back to our area.

Reviewed October 10, 2012

We stayed at the Hilton for three nights while my husband attended the ACE conference. The room was clean and the staff very friendly. I have worked in the hotel business for 30 years now and am currently the Manager at a 55 room property in Central Florida. I wanted to recognize one employee in particular. Her name is Maggie and she is a Front Desk Clerk. She checked my husband in during a very busy period. He mentioned that our daughter would be coming in later in the evening. She asked her name and added it to the room in case she came in and we were not in the hotel. Several hours later, we found out that she would be arriving in the middle of the night. My husband stopped the desk to let them know it would be after midnight and happened to get Maggie again. She told him that was no problem and she said I added her name, Brittany right? Unbelievable that she would remember that hours later after probably 25 additional check ins. She was working again early the next morning and just as efficient and pleasant. I appreciate staff that is so dedicated and wanted to commend her publicly. We will definitely return to the Hilton again. The pool area was great and the beds very comfortable.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank tadkisson1
Reviewed October 10, 2012

My husband and I stayed here on a combination business/leisure trip. The concierge service was great as far as getting Disney Park Hopper passes and the hotel provides a great shuttle service to all four parks. The rooms are very well appointed and comfortable. An added benefit is that you get the special Disney park hours since the hotel is part of the Disney World Resort! It's much more affordable than a themed hotel in the park and it's just across the street from Downtown Disney. We've stayed here twice now, and if we come back to this area, we'll stay here again.

Room Tip: Ask for a higher floor facing the park and you can see the fireworks. They're pretty far away...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple