“Disgusting. Beyond the pale...disgusting.” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hilton Orlando Lake Buena Vista - Disney Springs™ Area

Hilton Orlando Lake Buena Vista - Disney Springs™ Area
Ranked #145 of 335 Hotels in Orlando
Phoenix, Arizona, United States
“Disgusting. Beyond the pale...disgusting.”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 17, 2012

I am a petty laid back person in general and can't recall every writing a negative review after having a bad experience but this one goes beyond the pale. I plan on posting this on any public forum (along with the pictures I took of all of the nastiness I found in my rooms) that I can find to warn any future potential guests to stay as far away as possible from this hotel. I travel A LOT for work and recreation and have never had such and atrocious experience at any hotel I have ever stayed nationally or internationally at over the last 6 years. I couldn't wait to get out of this place.

During my 6 day stay here for a business conference I found a total of 4 cockroaches in my rooms (yes, I moved after finding the first one, which crawled across me), an ant hill next to the door, and an infestation of ants on my coffee cart on day 5. There were various small bugs and ants crawling on the walls in the conference rooms as well. I also noticed that at some point during my stay (day 3 or 4) I had gotten 11 distinct bite marks on my left leg and foot. Ants? Bed bugs? Who knows. After reading through some other reviews from posters I discovered there have been several complaints about bed bugs here. Disgusting. I am double washing all of my clothes and fumigating my suitcase now as a precaution for anything that may have hitched a ride home with me.

I voiced complaints to the front desk at least 3-4 times (and moved once after insisting) and every time was received with an unsympathetic, "Oh. Ok, well, I'll tell housekeeping." When I asked if there was a General Manager I could speak with I was told he was informed already. "Ok, is he going to contact me or do anything about my experience?" I inquired. I don't know but he knows there were problems. That's fabulous. Thanks.

Unbelievable. Completely unbelievable. Stay FAR away from this place.

• 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
15 Thank Shana K
JamesGrosso, General Manager at Hilton Orlando Lake Buena Vista - Disney Springs™ Area, responded to this review, September 20, 2012
I have read your posting and I do take your allegations very seriously. The safety and comfort of our guests is our top priority. Our hotel maintains high levels of vigilance when it comes to pest control and we perform regularly scheduled inspections. If you would like to discuss this further I would appreciate it you would contact my office directly at 407-827-3802 . Thank you.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (591)
  • Czech first
  • Finnish first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Adelaide, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 15, 2012

What a brilliant and convenient place to stay to visit Disney. The rooms are a little dated but they are clean, and the suites can easily accommodate my husband and I and our two teenagers. What is really impressive for us is the friendliness of the staff - nothing is too much trouble. A truly relaxing experience that my family can highly recommend.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank Kelly K
JamesGrosso, General Manager at Hilton Orlando Lake Buena Vista - Disney Springs™ Area, responded to this review, September 25, 2012
Thank you for the great review. Brilliant and convenient are words we like to hear to describe our property. We are so pleased that you enjoyed your visit. We agree our staff is great and we offer wonderful amenities, great location and we always do our best to provide first-class service and accommodations. Please come back soon. We’ll be waiting.
South Bend, IN
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 15, 2012

Hilton has made updates to this older property, best thing is it's location - a very easy walk to Downtown Disney (on the marketplace side). A few things to note: I had reserved a first floor patio room overlooking the pool, checking in 45 minutes early was told this wasn't ready but I could get a larger room on a higher floor with a "view" of downtown disney. I wish I would have waited for what I reserved, as this was really a view of the hotels across the street and the moldy side of the Hilton. However, the room was very nice with a large dining room table, kitchenette, sitting area, and two chairs and a small table on a very ample sized concrete balcony. Wish when remodeling this room the bathroom would have been made bigger, a VERY small bathroom (sink inside the bathroom and towel rack all in the shower, probably because it's the only place it fits). Two huge closets, but honestly a smaller bathroom than at any standard hotel. And the shower head was sub-par.

Also, this is not a huge deal but the TV channels listed in the in-room guide is outdated (spent over one day thinking they didn't have FOOD Network or HGTV, they do - just don't list them in their guide)

Finally, the bed (king) was VERY low to the ground.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Klachip, thanks for reviewing our property. Our location is really fabulous just a short walk to Downtown Disney and we provide complimentary transportation to the Disney parks and offer the Extra Magic Hours. I certainly will ensure that the in-room TV guides are updated. Once again thank you for the review I hope you can come back to visit soon.
Lakeville, Minnesota
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 14, 2012

I visited the Hilton Buena Vista on Disney property for a small convention. I do not usually stay at a place this nice. It is a full service hotel. It was likely built near the original inception of DisneyWorld so is older but has been updated over the years and looks great. The rooms are very nice. The room I was in had some fixed water stains on the ceiling as I was on the top floor. The bathroom is nice and has two sinks, one inside the tub/shower/toilet area. The shower curtain was odd in that it was mesh from the shoulders up and some moisture got thru onto the floor. They have two pools and are very nice. They had a hot tub back there but I did not see it. It is a very nice place for family and business.

Room Tip: Nice views on the top floor, the 10th floor.
1 Thank ScottS898
Scott S, thank you noticing that we take great pride in keeping our property up to date. We’re glad that you enjoyed your visit and now that you know that we are here I hope you will come back soon.
Birmingham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 12, 2012

Stayed for 9 nights in this hotel, very impressed with everything it had to offer.

We had a patio room on the groundfloor, opposite the disney store, which was great, nice to be able to sit out on the patio in the evening before we headed out!

Hotel service and amenities were great, 24hr supermarket was a great advantage for picking up any extras we needed whenever we went back to the room. Had breakfast the first morning at the covington mill, buffet breakfast, great range of food and eggs/omelettes/waffles cooked to order, far too much food to choose from.

Location was without a doubt the best feature of this hotel, 5 minute walk across the road put you right in downtown disney, great for a walk around after the parks in the day, and same distance to the disney bus transportation hub.

We would definitely recommend a hire car if travelling further than disney, although the Lynx Bus service was great, it meant long trips if travelling to universal and further.

The room was good, bed huge and comfy, made every morning. The only downside I think was the lack of free wifi!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank joeya123
Thank you for critiquing the hotel. We’re glad that you were pleased with all of the wonderful amenities we offer and our great location just a short walk to Downtown Disney. I see that you enjoyed our 24 hour deli “Mainstreet Market” and Covington Mill which is open for breakfast and lunch. It’s too bad you didn’t get to eat in Andiamos. They serve the best Italian food. We hope that you can visit again soon
Lambertville, Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 11, 2012

This hotel is very nice! Our room was in a quiet area of the hotel. Bed was comfy with lots of pillows! Pool areas were well kept, food and drink service at the pool was pleasant and accommodating. I noticed though that no pool guys to help with towels etc, but perhaps it is because of the off season. Not a big deal I can help myself !!

Benihana restaurant was great, good food, good entertainment with the chefs!

We were disappointed with the free breakfast area (my husband is a Hilton Honors Member). Very noisy, tile floor, (most of these areas are carpeted and comfy) we didn't stay long to eat, bagels were stale, boiled eggs were hard as rocks.

However, on a good note we decided to eat breakfast at the restaurant the next day and was pleased, good food, eggs done to perfection and a plus!!! Character breakfast, no charge on Sunday morning!!! Minnie, Pluto, Brier Fox, Brier Bear!!! We didn't stay to see anymore, but we got pics! They were very entertaining.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the far ends, less traffic from other hotel guests!
West Palm Beach, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 10, 2012

We love this hotel. In fact, this hotel is why we chose to join Hilton HHonors instead of Marriott. We've stayed here numerous times, for both by myself for business and with my girlfriend for our romantic Disney vacations. This hotel has it all, it's gorgeous, has great service, awesome amenities, and it's ON Disney property. Not only that, this is the only non-Disney hotel that gives you Extra Magic Hours at Disney, something we treasure as annual pass holders. All in all, this hotel is perfect for every travel reason.

Room Tip: No room is bad, but I love the front of the building that faces Downtown Disney. The left side is th...