“The Hilton At Walt Disney World is a Great Choice”

Hilton Orlando Lake Buena Vista - Disney Springs™ Area
Ranked #146 of 342 Hotels in Orlando
Reviewed August 21, 2012

We visit Walt Disney World at least 4 times a year and have for a couple of decades. We normally stay on Disney property at one of the deluxe resorts (usually Yacht Club or Beach Club) but since we travel a lot and have had good experiences at Hilton Hotels, we thought we'd give this one a whirl as we had heard that if you have a handicapped person traveling with you that the Hilton is very handicapped-friendly.

That is no joke! The Hilton at Walt Disney World really "gets it" when it comes to the needs of those in wheelchairs. It is not just a matter of having wide doors and grab bars in the bathroom. The Hilton goes all out to make their accessible rooms truly accessible with roll in showers, shower benches, lowered towel racks, and even lowered peep holes in the doors as well as lowered thermostats that someone in a wheelchair can reach. You can also ask for hand held shower sprayers with extensions for the shower. Those who are deaf can get door knock lights so they know when someone is at the door.

There are some great amenities like the two lovely outdoor pools and a 24 hour fitness center with some serious exercise options. There are jogging /walking trails for those who like to stay fit even on vacation. They offer transport to the Disney parks for free and this is the only hotel outside of Disney's own hotels that offers the free Magic Hours entry.

The guest rooms are nice and the suites are large and comfy. The bathroom has double sinks and are beautiful granite topped. They have sleeper sofas, double or king sized beds, comfy chairs, a safe large enough to hold your lap top, Mp3 clock radio, large high definition tv, and a coffee maker. Great views too.

If you have business to attend to, you will LOVE the 24 hour business center which, frankly, I wish I could bring home to support me in my own home office. Services galore including services other hotels that claim to be business friendly do not furnish. Your suite has a desk and a back-preserving ergonomic chair.

This isn't my favorite place to eat. There are much better choices within the Disney Parks themselves but there are some nice places to get Starbucks coffee or get a snack, salad, sandwich, pizza, pastries or fruit such as the nice 24 hour Mainstreet Market. For breakfast, try out the huge Covington Mill breakfast buffet (I don't care for the other meals served there) and if it is characters you want to meet, be sure to eat here on Sunday morning for the Disney Character Breakfast buffet. For some delicious Edy's ice cream served in fresh baked waffle cones or incorporated into a thick shake, an ice cream float, or a big sundae, you'll love Mugs I Cream Parlor as much as we do.

The staff is nice and with such a large place that is so busy, it is amazing how they can such friendly service and personal touches. With all of these guests and so much to do, they manage to make you feel they are glad to see you personally.

I have only two things I don't like- first, the double beds in expensive rooms instead of queens. With two queens, you can have 4 sleep comfortably. With two doubles, 4 are crunched in with no space. A king bed means 4 in bed together (could be interesting if you are into that but geez, not such a good idea if you are piling in with the elderly in-laws) which is kinky and uncomfortable and just who loses out and has to sleep on a pull, out sofa?

The second is that the hotel is not pet friendly. We love going to luxury hotels that accept pets and find that they have very loyal clientele. Maybe the Hotel Indigo people need to be encouraged to open up shop in here!

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank terril435
Write a ReviewReviews (4,597)

Reviewed August 16, 2012

We have seldom had a better hotel stay. The bed was the best hotel bed we have ever slept in. My wife liked the pillows so much that she checked the label and plans to buy 3-4 of them. The staff was superb especially Luz, who checked us in and gave us a wonderful and warm welcome.

Room Tip: Despite the nearness to I-4, it was amazingly quiet.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank ShamrockGuy
Reviewed August 16, 2012

After a few days at an on property value resort I found this place for around $99 a night. I made the reservation on my phone (same day) and arrived at check in. Easiest check in process ever. The lady who checked us in knew I have a 6 year old with me and gave me a room with a 'cool' view. Then my family and I went to this gorgeous room that you could see Epcot from. The beds were so comfortable and the towels were the best hotel towels ever. They were a little better than the Westin's towel, which I think is hard to beat. We visited the pool. We had a child with us and she did not have much to do other than splash around. I think a kiddie area would help this place but is not required or anything. The poolside bar was nice and the bartender had a good poor and prices were fair. Could have charged to my room but just paid right there. They have a Benihana inside of the hotel and gift shops and a market. The best part though and the part that will keep me coming back is that they offer extra magic hours. Couldn't have asked for better!! The comfort of this place was great!

Room Tip: Ask to stay facing Epcot I believe she said you could see the fireworks from there. I was in the par...
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed August 15, 2012

We stayed at another hotel in Orlando before moving to the Hilton. Our service was impeccable. It is clean; the staff was friendly; great restaurants; we actually changed our plans to hang at the pool the last day. What a relaxing stay! I kicked myself for listening to the google reviews. Should have stayed here the whole time!! Thank you Hilton for another great vacation!

• Stayed: August 2012
JamesGrosso, General Manager at Hilton Orlando Lake Buena Vista - Disney Springs™ Area, responded to this reviewResponded August 16, 2012

Mommybux, thank you for a great review. We’re glad that you decided to give our property a try. We have a great staff, wonderful amenities, great location and we always do our best to provide first-class service and accommodations. Come back for another visit as soon as you can. We want to be your home away from home.

Reviewed August 15, 2012

My wife and I stayed here last weekend 8-9-2012 to 8-12-2012, we had a great time. We thought the hotel was well run with all of the people that were coming and going. There was a fashion contest going on so there were plenty of how should I say "people who think there stuff don't stink walking around" but all in all it was a good stay. We checked in Late on Thursday and were greeted by the friendly front desk staff, being HHonors Diamond status the lady greeted me with the appropriate greeting, now I know that may sound stuck up but I've been to several Hilton brand hotels where the front desk staff does not recognize your level of loyality to the hotel brand. We were given plenty of free water bottle coupons, and were upgraded to one of the few rooms on property that have a balcony. Our room overlooked the front of the hotel and the fountain water feature. The room was very big and clean for the age of the hotel (as some other reviewers have commented on). The bed was very comfortable which was nice for the long days we had at the parks. Unlike other Hilton Hotels the complimentary breakfast was only a continental style breakfast but hey I'm not going to bash a hotel becuase I didn't get a free omlet. I thought the free breakfast was just fine. The free transportation to the parks and downtown Disney was a nice to have for a hotel that was not technicly on Disney property. The buses were clean and on time. I also booked the hotel during the great escape discount program and you couldn't even touch the Hampton Inn for the price we paid. We would stay here again. It was also nice to have the Sunday Characters breakfast down in the main resturant, my wife had the buffet and for someone who does not like buffets she said the variety and quality of food was very good. There are several resturants on property one of them being Benihana which we went to Saturday night and had a very nice dinner.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank polarisdan

Hello Polarisdan, I really liked your review. Thank for taking the time to critique the Hilton Orlando Lake Buena Vista. We value all of our guests and we certainly do appreciate the loyalty of our Diamond members and we upgrade whenever it is possible. It’s good to know that the front desk staff greeted you with appropriate greeting when checking in. As you mentioned we have many wonderful amenities to offer such as the EMH at the theme parks, complimentary transportation to the Disney parks, Downtown Disney location, Character breakfast each Sunday and a variety of restaurants right on property. We look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed August 14, 2012

Stayed at the Hilton in February 2012. The first impression is it's size - very large. Everything ran efficiently though and apart from the prices in the 'market' there wasn't really anything I could complain about.

Pros.Proximity to Disney, ease of using the Shuttle, nice sized rooms, fast efficient service

Cons.Slightly confusing parking situation when you're accustomed to less 'fancy' hotels but I figured it out eventually. Just because you get a 'ticket' for breakfast, note that there is breakfast and then 'full' breakfast (or something like that) - an odd situation and it would be much more customer friendly if they just handed out one 'ticket' for the full breakfast and made it simpler. It's hard to know what questions to ask when you don't know what you don't know.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank bart2002

Than you for reviewing the Hilton Orlando Lake Buena Vista. You are correct to say we are a large hotel but we still provide a very warm and cozy atmosphere. We are glad you enjoyed your visit and hope that you can come back soon.

Reviewed August 14, 2012

My wife and I stayed here on our visit to Disney World parks. Front desk staff was friendly and helpful. Speedy check-in. Withing walking distance to Downtown Disney, so the shops and restaurants were a convenience. Have been a HHonor member for many years and am very pleased with the hotel. We were glad to stay in a room with a nice view. We also dined at Benihana Steakhouse and had drinks at the bar.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank RVD408

Greetings and thank you for the review. It is nice to know that the front desk staff were friendly and efficient upon your check-in. We value your patronage and hope that you can come back to visit again soon.