“Nice hotel next to Downtown Disney”

Hilton Orlando Lake Buena Vista - Disney Springs™ Area
Ranked #147 of 340 Hotels in Orlando
Reviewed July 9, 2012

Attend a small conference at the hotel. Hotel was in excellent shape, The pool area was beautiful and clean. My room was more than adequate especially for the price. The hotel is right next to Downtown Disney and has bus service to all the Disney parks. I have been to Orlando many times and I think this is the best one that I have stayed at. If you want a really nice hotel for a very good price, I paid $119 plus tax consider this hotel

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business

Reviewed July 9, 2012

After reading some of the reviews we were apprehensive about our three night stay that we booked in connection to a Hilton special offer that we received to tour a Hilton Vacation property. I can't think of any negatives to mention. Front desk was so helpful! As we normally stay on grounds at Disney World we were somewhat out of our comfort zone. Upon check-in the person who completed our room assignment made sure to tell us the best place to park,etc. this is a large older Hilton property that has been very well maintained. Our room/floor was updated, quiet, comfortable bed and roomy king sized accommodation. We are picky about noise and odors and had no problems with either. You can buy park tickets in the Disney Store located in th hotel. Also a quick walk out by the pool area and to the left will bring you to a wide intersection. Across the busy street is Downtown Disney MarketPlace. Very safe to navigate the crosswalk is monitored for pedestrians. So convienent to walk over to RainForest Cafe, and there is a sandwich shop that has the best sandwiches I have ever eaten. Think the name was something like the Sandwich of Earl.
We used the transportation to the parks offered by Hilton. The bus is very much like the ones on grounds. A little more complicated than on grounds but not a deal breaker. They also offer a shuttle to the outlet mall. They had several restaurants in the hotel but we opted to walk to Disney Marketplace. Great place to stay. Will stay ther again

Room Tip: We asked for a quiet area. You can pay an added fee to stay on the fireworks side. We were on the t...
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Jeatty
Reviewed July 8, 2012

This Hilton is located adjacent (within very easy walking distance) of Downtown Disney, where you can board a bus to the various Disney attractions. There is a convenience store located on-site that is open 24 hours per day and which serves Starbuck's coffee. ("Proudly serves Starbucks," as they say.) Each up I purchased, although pricey ($3.60 without tax) was hot and up to my coffee snob standards. While the items are pricey, the selection is excellent and you can charge items to your room.

Two restaurants are located within: Adiamo's (see review) and Benihana. Although I only partook of Adiamo's, others made favorable comments about their experience at Benihana.

This is a great hotel for families, with two pools and a small bistro that serves drinks and food adjacent to them. There were plenty of towels and chairs available. Oh, and there is a kiddie pool, too.

In my experience, the rooms were quiet, despite the hundreds of Key Club members who were present. I slept well and wasn't disturbed by a great deal of noise.

I utilized the business center, which was terrific, as well.

What could have been better?

There are some elevator floor lights that are inoperable which, while not impacting performance, indicate a lack of attention to detail that I think makes a good hotel great. My room safe didn't work but, again, I wasn't annoyed enough to report it or take any further action. Slightly annoying was my bedside lamp which conveniently provided outlets (I like to have my phone near my bed but usually charge it while I sleep) but, unfortunately, neither outlet would retain a plug when inserted.

All in all a great stay at a very clean hotel and I'll be returning to this hotel for fall break with my family. I think you'll be happy, as well, if you give it a try.

Room Tip: All the rooms are, no doubt great. I was pleased to have a room on the pool side high enough to have...
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank HoosierTravelers08
Reviewed July 8, 2012

I turn to Trip Advisor to read reviews about hotels I have never stayed at before. I discovered the Hilton in Walt Disney Resort on here and read many reviews. Most were positive and though there were ones that were negative I decided to book the hotel. The negative reviews didnt related to my stay-pool or parking problems. I am so glad I decided to stay at this hotel. Went for 7 nights and everyone from the front desk to the conceige to housekeeping were so friendly abd helpful!!! If you are going to the Disney Market Place then it doesnt even take 5 minutes to get there. The hotel has a path that leads to the street-which you cross- and you enter the market place. If you are going to the Disney parks then hop on the free buses to get there! One bus goes to Magic Kingdom/Animal Kingdom and the other bus goes to Epcot/Hollywood Studios. The buses stop at this hotel first so you get seats to sit in. Buses run 2x an hour so you dont have to wait long. Beds were comfortable-pillows were a bit lumpy. Room is temperature controlled so most nights we didn't even need the AC on. Ate dinner 1 night at the Italian restaurant in the hotel. Took the leftovers to go, placed in the fridge (which is in the room) and was able to use the microwave at the 24 hour deli market to heat it up the following night. The deli market had different sandwiches-enjoyed the Boars head turkey and ham sandwiches. Also enjoyed the pizza they offer. Rooms were clean, hotel was clean and I would definitely recommend staying here and I would come back. The only 2 negative things I would say are 1. the hotel has washing machines (which is good) but you need to use a credit card to pay for it (buy the box of Tide in the laundry room-it's cheaper there than the gift shop) and 2. to use the internet you need a credit card and is 25 cents a minute (however you can use a certain computer to print out your boarding passes and that is free). BTW if you sign up for the HHonors rewards you can get your checkout extended to 1pm.

Room Tip: Ask for a room closer to the bus pickup because when you come home from a long day of walking at the...
1  Thank amys324296
Reviewed July 8, 2012

We love this hotel and have stayed here many times over the last 5+ years! We were returning from a road trip to OH and decided to stop here again on way home to stretch out and entertain our Son at Downtown Disney and Seaworld. As usual the staff greeted us with a smile and when i requested a room upgrade (at no charge) I was happily obliged.

Only complaint I have is with onsite grocery store. Why charge $1.50 for a crispy creme donut, which I think is reasonable for a hotel, but charge $3.50 for a starbucks coffee, which is obscene, even for a hotel. Go with a lesser brand or smaller cups, or at least allow for refills.

Would stay again, but will drive over to DD or Starbucks for my coffee :)

Room Tip: First Floor Patio Rooms are good but you want to be in the first 3 that open out closest to pool. Ch...
Reviewed July 6, 2012

My wife and I stayed at the Hilton for our anniversary. This hotel is literally across the street from Downtown Disney. They provide transportation to all of the theme parks, as well as to Downtown Disney if you don't feel like walking, and all of the transportation buses run on 30 minute cycles.

The pools are clean and well maintained - there are three pools. There are two full-size pools and one very small shallow pool for toddlers. There is also a two-tier outdoor hot tub, with a cascading waterfall between them - very nice. As expected, the hotel provides towels poolside for its guest. For those who drink alcohol, there is a outdoor bar nestled between the two larger pools. The bar is full-service bar with spirits and beer on tap, as well as cans and bottles.

Inside the hotel, there are two restaurants - a standard family restaurant and a Benihana, which is a chain restaurant with hibachi and sushi.

We stayed on the tenth floor in one of their suites. The room was beautiful, overlooking Hotel Plaza Boulevard. Our room had a two-person whirlpool tub AND a full-size shower with six spray jets. Both were fantastic. The bathroom, which was spotless when we checked in, had a standard toilet and a bidet.

Admittedly, we didn't use the fitness center, but we did take a look at it. Fresh towels were provided and all the amenities expected from an upscale hotel were present.

This hotel does provide a wi-fi service; however, it is NOT free. If you are an AT&T customer, you can sign into your account and use the service, otherwise it will cost you (sorry didn't check the price).

If I had to suggest a hotel in the Walt Disney World area, which was not a Walt Disney World Resort, I would undoubtedly suggest this Hilton. In a nutshell, it's beautiful, located right next door to Downtown Disney and can get you to any of the theme parks.

Room Tip: If you are looking for convenience poolside, they offer rooms with patios on the first floor right n...
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank dm2cmas
Reviewed July 5, 2012

though it's not really a "disney resort" you do get the perks like extended magic hours and bus transport to and from the parks. hotel is nicely decorated and resort-like. rooms are typical Hilton quality, more luxury than the comparable priced "all-star resort" at disney. has 2 large pools on property, one being heated. parking is $13 per day on top of daily rate. sunday breakfast features disney characters, which we did not do so i cannot comment. close to downtown disney and restaurants. definitely going to be a return option.